• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt - USF kickoff at 12 noon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Other than the heat (which won't come into play), I don't understand why so many hate noon games. Why does tailgating suck? Can't you drink and cook in the morning as opposed to the afternoon/evening?

The biggets drawbacks to noon games are students too hung over to get to RayJay (which is, BTW, the ONLY significant thing an OCS has over RayJay) and the youth athletics that a big amount of our fanbase have obligations to on Saturday mornings/early afternoons ...

It also has a pretty significant effect on us out of towners.  While it is nice to be able to get back home at a decent hour, the tailgating experience becomes almost non-existant. 

We have to get up, get ready, take care of the dog, do any other thing that needs doing, and then drive over which takes about 2 hours.  To get there an hour before game time, that means leaving the house at 9AM.  An hour of tailgating is what I would call a "sucky" experience and I would rather not even tailgate at all.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Other than the heat (which won't come into play), I don't understand why so many hate noon games. Why does tailgating suck? Can't you drink and cook in the morning as opposed to the afternoon/evening?

The biggets drawbacks to noon games are students too hung over to get to RayJay (which is, BTW, the ONLY significant thing an OCS has over RayJay) and the youth athletics that a big amount of our fanbase have obligations to on Saturday mornings/early afternoons ...

Also by the time you get set-up, cook your food, and get settled, its nearly time to leave... this and the fact that I have to wake up at 6AM to get down to Tampa when the lots open are my only gripes about Nooners.

I was being overly sarcastic with my previous post about nooners... in general some of he best tailgates I have had, have all been nooners.

I think I fit into that out of towner category... because its either waking up with the rooster or not having a tailgate.

• Content Count:  2,478

Not to mention you pay the same price to park for an hour less of tailgating.

My girlfriend is not going to be too happy...Leave the house at 7am and she has to get up at 6 to tailgate.....I think that won't fly with her. Probably just hit up Denny's or something and then head to the game.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I don't mind the nooners. I can leave drive the two hours it takes to get to Tampa get to the lots about 11:30 watch the game and I don't have to spend $ on a hotel dinner etc.... I can see not having the time to tailgate but hell if the Bulls win I go into celebration mode and can party drink enjoy a win and as a bonus watch more football.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

definitely going to cause less students to go

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

I just absolutely love this.  And I've done this before as have others.

So, we don't want Wednesday games because attendance s*cks.

We don't want Thursday games because we can't tailgate long enough and attendance sucks.

We don't want Friday night games because we can't tailgate long enough, high school recruits can't attend and attendance sucks.

We don't want Saturday noon games because little Joey has to go to soccer practice, people are hungover, it is too hot in September, high school recruits are hungover and attendance s*cks.

We don't want Saturday 7:00 pm games because only crappy teams get scheduled for those games because they aren't on TV and attendance s&cks.

But we might be able to get little Joey back from soccer practice, the drunken people might sober up, and everyone in the nation wants to watch USF for a 3:30 game on a Saturday IF it is in the fall on a 73 degree day with no rain in the forecast.

Wow, just Wow.

I'm not crazy about the noon kickoff, but please stop the whining.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

definitely going to cause less students to go

If we win at the ville this week and that's still the case then that's bush league... Get your asses out of bed and get on the bus. Not hard.

• Content Count:  809

Yeah, these excuses and complaints just need to stop, it's getting ridiculous.

I go to almost every USF and FSU home game (I favor the USF ones when they overlap)

I've been to numerous nooners up in Tallahassee and tailgating isn't much different from what it is for a 330 game. The food is really the only difference. Fans will show up regardless, people might file into the stadium a little bit later for a noon game then they would for a 330, but so what.

4 hours is more than plenty of time to party and hve a good time. Prep your food the night before. If your tailgate takes "too long" to setup, then your tailgate has issues.

Tent - 2 minutes max

tables - 15 seconds each

chairs - 5 seconds each

Grill - 5-10 minutes max

Cooler - 5 seconds to get it from trunk to ground

So you're lookin about 10 minutes for everything (unless there's only 1 person setting up).

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Get up at 5 am, 5 days a week for work anyway, what's one more time? I don't mind a nooner in November, it's the September noon games that suck a$s

• Content Count:  1,027

I just absolutely love this.  And I've done this before as have others.

So, we don't want Wednesday games because attendance s*cks.

We don't want Thursday games because we can't tailgate long enough and attendance sucks.

We don't want Friday night games because we can't tailgate long enough, high school recruits can't attend and attendance sucks.

We don't want Saturday noon games because little Joey has to go to soccer practice, people are hungover, it is too hot in September, high school recruits are hungover and attendance s*cks.

We don't want Saturday 7:00 pm games because only crappy teams get scheduled for those games because they aren't on TV and attendance s&cks.

But we might be able to get little Joey back from soccer practice, the drunken people might sober up, and everyone in the nation wants to watch USF for a 3:30 game on a Saturday IF it is in the fall on a 73 degree day with no rain in the forecast.

Wow, just Wow.

I'm not crazy about the noon kickoff, but please stop the whining.

If only the networks would acknowledge the greatness that is USF football and schedule us for 3:30 Saturday games (7:00 in September) this wouldn't be a problem. It's them not us.

Archived