• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF & Tampa Light Rail

RickUSF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

any chance this comes back to life in another vote?

I think that's possible. This won't be the last time we'll see this issue pop up.

As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it will.  Tampa is too conservative.  It seems like Orlando is the city that continues to move forward on issues like these.   They already have approval for a commuter rail or light rail.   They alredy have the New Magic Arena that is going to make their downtown even more hopping than what it already is.   I will note, Orlando has the luxury of making ALOT more money from the bed tax than what Tampa can...But still Tampa seems a bit stagnant when it comes to development to help revive the city.

Hey Goose... Orlando says you can get off your knees now.... I'm calling UCiF Troll on you.... all your posts have some sort of passive aggressive anti USF slander to them and it sounds like you think very highly of UCF and Orlando in your posts... Stop trolling.  Downtown Orlando has been miserable for years and sure their new arena will help revitalize the Parramore area but we both now thats not the heart of downtown.  Orlando got a rotten deal on their commuter rail (insurance and CSX) and their road transportation is a tourist infested cluster-phuck.

LOL.  Wow.  No.  I just been there enough to compare the two cities.  I'm not some Coolaid drinking redneck who blindly supports a city no matter how bad it is.   The politicians want Tampa to be Alabama with palm trees.  I've been in both cities enough to compare the two.   It's fair to say.  If you want to go out in Tampa you pretty much have a few spots you can go to that are spread out (outside of Hyde Park and Westchase)..there isn't that much in Tampa to do (Y-bor = ghetto..Channelside = boring) Orlando, their entertainment is in dense spots (Downtown Orlando, Winter Park, Tourist Area - International Drive, and the bars by UCF).  Have you ever traveled outside Tampa.? 

And the arena is not in the heart of downtown?   You obviously haven't even drove there yet.  You can walk from Church Street, Orange Street, and Wall Street to the new arena.    Just because I'm able to admit when something outside my hometown is good, doesn't mean I'm a UCF/Orlando homer.  I've just been in Tampa long enough to stop defending it.  They can't get a light rail.  I bet you money, they will lose the Rays because they can't build a new Ball Park.  The Trump Towers...well Tampa couldn't even get that done...So I'm just tired ..Tampa is just a stagnant city.  If it wasn't for Hyde Park or WestChase.. I would jump ship in a heartbeath. 

So Redneck, actually take the time to actually take a look at Tampa from an un-biased eye. 

Their arena is walkable from Church St.  I think you are just talking out of your a**

Ha I try to avoid being an internet tough guy but you clearly have no problems throwing your ignorance out there.  Funny that you attack me as a kool aid drinking redneck yet I wasn't even born or raised in this country.  I have no problems calling you a troll because a quick gander at your previous posts clearly spells that out for me. I never defended Tampa because I agree that its a backwards town but you must have some huevos to use Orlando as a positive comparison to Tampa.  The new Orlando arena is located on the North side of I-4, not exactly the heart where Church street is, although I'm sure you could walk to it, never questioned that.  Feel free to bash me all you want behind the comfort of your computer but I've studied enough urban planning to know that Orlando is not an ideal example.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  225

Anyone, please go to Gooses posted topics. Every single one is in relation to UCF/Orlando. Doesnt take a genius. You could have even graduated from UCF to see the pattern.

So you're avoiding my questions.  Trust me.  I've graduated from USF and lived in Tampa probably longer than you (10 years).  Maybe it's Tampa burntout.  I'm not sure but don't call me a UCF homer just because I had a blast the few times I went there and I'm not so closeminded that I have to say UCF/Orlando sucks just because I went to USF and live inTampa.

I think that's possible. This won't be the last time we'll see this issue pop up.

As much as I want this to happen, I doubt it will.  Tampa is too conservative.  It seems like Orlando is the city that continues to move forward on issues like these.   They already have approval for a commuter rail or light rail.   They alredy have the New Magic Arena that is going to make their downtown even more hopping than what it already is.   I will note, Orlando has the luxury of making ALOT more money from the bed tax than what Tampa can...But still Tampa seems a bit stagnant when it comes to development to help revive the city.

Hey Goose... Orlando says you can get off your knees now.... I'm calling UCiF Troll on you.... all your posts have some sort of passive aggressive anti USF slander to them and it sounds like you think very highly of UCF and Orlando in your posts... Stop trolling.  Downtown Orlando has been miserable for years and sure their new arena will help revitalize the Parramore area but we both now thats not the heart of downtown.  Orlando got a rotten deal on their commuter rail (insurance and CSX) and their road transportation is a tourist infested cluster-phuck.

LOL.  Wow.  No.  I just been there enough to compare the two cities.  I'm not some Coolaid drinking redneck who blindly supports a city no matter how bad it is.   The politicians want Tampa to be Alabama with palm trees.  I've been in both cities enough to compare the two.   It's fair to say.  If you want to go out in Tampa you pretty much have a few spots you can go to that are spread out (outside of Hyde Park and Westchase)..there isn't that much in Tampa to do (Y-bor = ghetto..Channelside = boring) Orlando, their entertainment is in dense spots (Downtown Orlando, Winter Park, Tourist Area - International Drive, and the bars by UCF).  Have you ever traveled outside Tampa.? 

And the arena is not in the heart of downtown?   You obviously haven't even drove there yet.  You can walk from Church Street, Orange Street, and Wall Street to the new arena.    Just because I'm able to admit when something outside my hometown is good, doesn't mean I'm a UCF/Orlando homer.  I've just been in Tampa long enough to stop defending it.  They can't get a light rail.  I bet you money, they will lose the Rays because they can't build a new Ball Park.  The Trump Towers...well Tampa couldn't even get that done...So I'm just tired ..Tampa is just a stagnant city.  If it wasn't for Hyde Park or WestChase.. I would jump ship in a heartbeath. 

So Redneck, actually take the time to actually take a look at Tampa from an un-biased eye. 

Their arena is walkable from Church St.  I think you are just talking out of your a**

Ha I try to avoid being an internet tough guy but you clearly have no problems throwing your ignorance out there.  Funny that you attack me as a kool aid drinking redneck yet I wasn't even born or raised in this country.  I have no problems calling you a troll because a quick gander at your previous posts clearly spells that out for me. I never defended Tampa because I agree that its a backwards town but you must have some huevos to use Orlando as a positive comparison to Tampa.  The new Orlando arena is located on the North side of I-4, not exactly the heart where Church street is, although I'm sure you could walk to it, never questioned that.  Feel free to bash me all you want behind the comfort of your computer but I've studied enough urban planning to know that Orlando is not an ideal example.

Look who is talking.  ... I just called you out because you never been there and you haven't.   

Look who is talking.  ... I just called you out because you never been there and you haven't.   

HA your knees must be hurting....  I have been to downtown Orlando but I'm not interested in arguing with you over who has an awesome downtown.  I am concerned about your trolling, please stop.

Bullshutter -

Look.  You make it seem I have the luxury to talk to you in person on this.  I know Tampa and Orlando are by no means the best cities (like NYC or Chicago).  But when only comparing the two, I think Orlando at the point has the upper hand.   There are only 4 big cities in Florida.   I'm not trying to be a tough guy behind a computer .. but you called me out so I"m going to call you out.    I only called you a redneck because I know a lot of rednecks that will defend something just to defend it.  So by all means, I don't mind have a debate on this but when you went "hood" on me... what do you expect me to do?.. Just sit back and take it.  

• Content Count:  1,757

Anyone, please go to Gooses posted topics. Every single one is in relation to UCF/Orlando. Doesnt take a genius. You could have even graduated from UCF to see the pattern.

So you're avoiding my questions.   Trust me.  I've graduated from USF and lived in Tampa probably longer than you (10 years).  Maybe it's Tampa burntout.  I'm not sure but don't call me a UCF homer just because I had a blast the few times I went there and I'm not so closeminded that I have to say UCF/Orlando ***** just because I went to USF and live inTampa.

Wow 10 whole years. I was born and raised in Tampa. Lived here my whole life and love it. I have no issues with someone comparing Orlando and Tampa. UCF is a nice school with nice facilities. What I am saying is every post of your's on these boards is related to UCF/Orlando. It is plainly obvious what your motives are here. Just come out and say it, no need to hide behind a guise.

Bullshutter -

Look.  You make it seem I have the luxury to talk to you in person on this.  I know Tampa and Orlando are by no means the best cities (like NYC or Chicago).  But when only comparing the two, I think Orlando at the point has the upper hand.   There are only 4 big cities in Florida.   I'm not trying to be a tough guy behind a computer .. but you called me out so I"m going to call you out.    I only called you a redneck because I know a lot of rednecks that will defend something just to defend it.  So by all means, I don't mind have a debate on this but when you went "hood" on me... what do you expect me to do?.. Just sit back and take it.  

You are entitled to your opinions and I've made my expectations clear, stop trolling.  UCF has a board that you can praise anything you deem an accomplishment in the world of gentrification/urban renewal/regional planning/urbanization etc...

• Content Count:  1,757

I only called you a redneck because I know a lot of rednecks that will defend something just to defend it.  

Good logic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

Regarding another vote. Probably not very likely. There is a bit of talk about a 'regional' (multi-county) transit solution, but I think it will be some time before we see the 'light rail' topic brought up for another vote any time soon.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Regarding another vote. Probably not very likely. There is a bit of talk about a 'regional' (multi-county) transit solution, but I think it will be some time before we see the 'light rail' topic brought up for another vote any time soon.

I'd really like to see a well thought-out and presented transit solution brought to the table sometime in the foreseeable future. Hopefully, it's one that focuses on lightrail moreso than the bus system.

Archived