• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East standings after todays games

Guest nybullsfan

Wow - so the BE could actually send the first unranked team to a BCS bowl.

It's quite possible.

But you can at least take comfort in the fact that, because of the OOC records, it's already mathematically impossible for the BE champion to finish with a 5-7 overall record. I wonder if they'd still let us play in the BCS game if that ever happened, LOL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

(and don't look now, but could UCF could be the only ranked team in Florida come tomorrow? - nah UF will get back in)

Why would they be in the top 25? they lost 2 games and are in the CUSA?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

(and don't look now, but could UCF could be the only ranked team in Florida come tomorrow? - nah UF will get back in)

Why would they be in the top 25? they lost 2 games and are in the CUSA?

Umm, because they received votes in both the Coaches and Harris polls last week and they handily beat ECU today (who was also receiving votes and the highest ranked team in CUSA).

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Rutgers game is a monster game for us now...........hope we have a big and loud crowd

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

FSU might still be ranked. They were #16 @ 6-1 and lost to a 5-2 ACC team on the road in the last minute of the game. Being 6-2 I think they will be #24 or #25.

• Content Count:  3,647

After yet another Syracuse win its time to admit that they are on their way back. Unlike USF beating Cincy, Syracuse destroyed them.  I pointed out after the USF loss that Syracuse was on the rise, but was ridiculed. Everyone said it was the worse loss in USF history, Syracuse *****, yada yada yada. Syracuse is one of the most storied programs of college football history and the school and alumni have been working hard to get back into being a powerhouse again and may win the Big East this year. And I expect Pitt to make changes after this season too because Wannstadt has not done what their school and alumni expected, make them a top team again. The Big East is in transition and looks bad now. Syracuse should be ranked but the way they have played the past few years effects voters. Anyway, with so few teams, its more likely that the Big East would have a year like this then the other, bigger BCS conferences. It can only get better.

I think after Holtz and the team (mainly the offense) being on the same page during the Cincy win, that USF is going in the right direction finally. Hopefully it will carry over to the rest of the Big East games. I would not be surprised either way though, being a team in transition. Obviously there is a learning curve involved with a new coaching staff and scheme. Maybe its finally clicked for BJ and the rest of the offense, hopefully. The defense has, as expected, been ahead of the offense in understanding and executing.  Maybe the offense has gained enough confidence to make a big push through the end of the season. That would rock.

The Army loss of 2004 would be USF's worst loss in my opinion. That Army team went 2-9 that year.

I think many who were paying attention knew SU was a well coached team. I mean we only beat them by 14 last year and they gave up 7 turnovers in that game. Doug Marrone may well be the best X's and O's coach in the whole conference.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

With another new bowl game this year, very unlikely that a 6-6 team in a BCS conference won't be invited somewhere.  Would be very cool for BE to have all 8 teams in bowls, even if that means that no team is ranked. 

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

There's still one more total bowl game overall than there was last year, that's what commbull means. More bowls mean more bowl slots that go unfilled that at-large teams can snatch up. In the unlikely event that all eight Big East teams finish with six wins or more, I'd bet on them all going to bowl games. But I wouldn't bet on the entire conference being bowl eligible.

• Content Count:  3,647

There's still one more total bowl game overall than there was last year, that's what commbull means. More bowls mean more bowl slots that go unfilled that at-large teams can snatch up. In the unlikely event that all eight Big East teams finish with six wins or more, I'd bet on them all going to bowl games. But I wouldn't bet on the entire conference being bowl eligible.

+1

Guest nybullsfan

Not a gambling person myself, but I wouldn't "bet" on more than 4 making it. If the line is 4.5, I'm taking the under.

Archived