• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know what absolutly sux

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

how soon we forget that there was a time when we were overjoyed to finally have a nationally televised game

this was less than 10 years ago

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The list provided by Apis, while 100% accurate, also points out that the examples he used are all Thursday night games. I don't mind a Thursday game now and then. I find it amusing how so many on here and all other IMB's, piss and moan about other peopple pissing and moaning (I've done it). IMB's are for passing on information, AND pissing and moaning. All I know is, I FINALLY get to go to a flippin' USF football game. WOO HOO.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

when you have a program that has been stuck in mediocrity for years, with no foreseeable end you get weeknight games.  And the "fanbase" is happy about it because they get "national exposure" because there are no other games on tv and the country is watching.  Meanwhile the rest of the country is only watching because they're starved for football, Kind of like when you really gotta use the restroom on a really long road trip and the only bathroom available is a nasty, filthy, outhouse with no running water at some dump roadside gas station.  Any port in a storm.

A tip of the hat to Apis for providing a list of other programs "stuck in mediocrity for years, with no foreseeable end":

I posted this on another thread:

Thursday, Sept 2

FAMU at Miami, FL

Marshall at Ohio State

Thursday, Nov 4

GaTech at VaTech

Thursday, Nov 18

Ga State at Alabama

Must suck to be them ...

yes lots of wed and fri games on that list.  You miss the point.  As usual. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,622
  • Days Won:  424

when you have a program that has been stuck in mediocrity for years, with no foreseeable end you get weeknight games.  And the "fanbase" is happy about it because they get "national exposure" because there are no other games on tv and the country is watching.  Meanwhile the rest of the country is only watching because they're starved for football, Kind of like when you really gotta use the restroom on a really long road trip and the only bathroom available is a nasty, filthy, outhouse with no running water at some dump roadside gas station.  Any port in a storm.

A tip of the hat to Apis for providing a list of other programs "stuck in mediocrity for years, with no foreseeable end":

Thursday, Sept 2

FAMU at Miami, FL

Marshall at Ohio State

Thursday, Nov 4

GaTech at VaTech

Thursday, Nov 18

Ga State at Alabama

Must suck to be them ...

LOL .... When Thursday night stops being considered a weeknight please let us know ...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Weeknight home games are the worst thing on earth.  I live North East of Orlando and I just don't think I can make it to the game.  I'm pretty sure I should have died driving home from the Thursday night game last year.  I don't think I'll be making the trip to Ray Jay for this one.

I actually prefer weeknight away games.  We get a solid broadcast and then the benefit of getting to watch all the other games on Saturday.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Thursday, Sept 2

FAMU at Miami, FL

Marshall at Ohio State

Thursday, Nov 4

GaTech at VaTech

Thursday, Nov 18

Ga State at Alabama

Must suck to be them ...

LOL .... When Thursday night stops being considered a weeknight please let us know ...

there's a whole bunch of crappy teams playing on the friday, november 26th.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I love the spin on this. "Oh we get national exposure." The real deal here is $$$$$$. Plain and simple. Woolard doesn't give too shiznits about the national exposure. He is looking for the payday. The fans are not included in this equation, hence the reason why we are the patsies to play on a weeknight. Think the Gayturds will play a weknight game. Not in Sloburban Meyers lifetime. It's all about da mo ney! :2cents

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 in arow is wierd

we have idiots that allowed this too happen

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

natinal exposure thing only works when you win

• Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

I love the spin on this. "Oh we get national exposure." The real deal here is $$$$$$. Plain and simple. Woolard doesn't give too shiznits about the national exposure. He is looking for the payday. The fans are not included in this equation, hence the reason why we are the patsies to play on a weeknight. Think the Gayturds will play a weknight game. Not in Sloburban Meyers lifetime. It's all about da mo ney! :2cents

Just an FYI - USF has no say in the date of any of its conference games (other than to inform the BIG EAST if our stadium is not available for a Bee Gee's reunion concert or something) .... yes it is about the money, but it is not USF's decision. The league's deal with ESPN/ABC gives them a set number of acceptable Wednesdays/Fridays/Sundays .... then the networks picks what games it wants. While Wednesday is not what anyone wants ... 6 of our 7 home games are on Saturday's this year ... hard to complain about that.

Archived