• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Coaches Perform Badly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I read an article this morning in the Wall Street Journal about how bad the Big East coaches have represented themselves at their next college job.  Here are some of the stats from the article, which portrays the conference in a bad light: (Coach, Big East School, Next College Job, and Record)

Mark Dantonio, Cinc., Michigan St., 30-17 (not bad)

Paul Hackett, Pitt., USC, 19-18

Walt Harris, Pitt., Stanford, 6-17

Brian kelly, Cinc., Notre Dame 4-4 (obviously 1st season at position)

Bobby Petrino, Louis., Arkansas, 18-14

Rich Rodriguez, W. Virginia, Michigan, 13-18

The article has a big picture of Brian Kelly in his Irish gear.

If you like Big East Conference info it is a good read, although it definitely depicts our conference in a bad light.

The article was written by a guy by the name of Darren (I forgot his last name).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

I read an article this morning in the Wall Street Journal about how bad the Big East coaches have represented themselves at their next college job.  Here are some of the stats from the article, which portrays the conference in a bad light: (Coach, Big East School, Next College Job, and Record)

Mark Dantonio, Cinc., Michigan St., 30-17 (not bad)

Paul Hackett, Pitt., USC, 19-18

Walt Harris, Pitt., Stanford, 6-17

Brian kelly, Cinc., Notre Dame 4-4 (obviously 1st season at position)

Bobby Petrino, Louis., Arkansas, 18-14

Rich Rodriguez, W. Virginia, Michigan, 13-18

The article has a big picture of Brian Kelly in his Irish gear.

If you like Big East Conference info it is a good read, although it definitely depicts our conference in a bad light.

The article was written by a guy by the name of Darren (I forgot his last name).

Wow, somebody's scraping the bottom of the barrel on article topics ... I'm guessing a Boston College alum based on the biased slant. The BE is having its' problems this year but this is just stupid.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

There is so much that determines a good team (talented players, good game strategy, recruiting, etc) Its hard to narrow anything like that down to Big East coaches. Every coach that takes a different job from another school has its pros and cons.

Only 1 team can be number 1 each year

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

There is so much that determines a good team (talented players, good game strategy, recruiting, etc) Its hard to narrow anything like that down to Big East coaches. Every coach that takes a different job from another school has its pros and cons.

Only 1 team can be number 1 each year

Not according to Southeastern Conference fans.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think everybody knew Rich Rod was gonna struggle in Michigan for at least the first couple years. He was installing a spread, read-option attack at a school where it's always been "3 yards and a cloud of dust". They didn't have anywhere near the weapons on offense to run that system

Archived