• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornellius Carradine DE; El Dorado, Kansas ;Butler County C.C.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Word on the street is tha Holtz is pretty good at it.

Then its time for the results to show it.

Getting Carradine and Bridgewater will go a long way to easing my fears that Holtz is a mediocre recruiter.

WOW! well I guess landing those two ELITE guys would ease your fears.....jeeezzzz

Holtz will be a much better recruiter than CJL. We had a couple of good class here the last few years but, lets not forget that 8 out of that stellar 2009 class that everyone hangs their hat on around here didn't even make it to campus. So really that class wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Seeing as how we had zero playmakers on offense this year, one scholly QB, and the two best RB's gone becuase of character issues I don't really see where everyone thinks that CJL was this amazing recruiter. He got Grothe because like BJ Grothe wanted to be a QB. No one else would offer it to him. Grothe worked out pretty darn good though I'd have to say. The jury is still out with BJ though.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We had a couple of good class here the last few years but, lets not forget that 8 out of that stellar 2009 class that everyone hangs their hat on around here didn't even make it to campus. So really that class wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

LOL ... Let's not let facts get in the way of a good CJL bash. First of all, it was only 5, by my count, not making it to campus but those really didn't affect the quality of the class all that much ... JPP, Giddins, jacquain Williams, Lattimore, Bass, Webster, Barrington, Battles, Lamar made up the bulk of the stellar quality of that class and all are still here, most contributing heavily and more than enough to hang our hats on.

Seeing as how we had zero playmakers on offense this year,

I think Bogan was darn close to being a playmaker this year

one scholly QB,

This has been the biggest negative on the recruiting front, IMO ... We've recruited several qb's but none to really play the position.

and the two best RB's gone becuase of character issues

Doubt either would have made the two deep if they had stayed ... and the ones ahead of them are Leavitt's recruits.

I don't really see where everyone thinks that CJL was this amazing recruiter.

I really don't see anyone calling him an "amazing" recruiter but recruiting had been on an upswing the past couple of years ... I honestly don't have any serious doubts about recruiting taking a big step backwards with Skip, the T Rex signing helps in that regard, but it would be nice to see a 4 star or two in this year's class and there is still plenty of time and room for that to happen.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Recruiting had been trending upwards for several years.  Not necessarily the rankings, but the quality of the players was getting better and each class was getting better depth.  The offense was lagging behind but an offense with Ford, Taylor, Griffin, Bogan and Love has a lot more going for it than what ended up on the field.  We can thank injuries and knuckleheads. 

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

We had a couple of good class here the last few years but, lets not forget that 8 out of that stellar 2009 class that everyone hangs their hat on around here didn't even make it to campus. So really that class wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

LOL ... Let's not let facts get in the way of a good CJL bash. First of all, it was only 5, by my count, not making it to campus but those really didn't affect the quality of the class all that much ... JPP, Giddins, jacquain Williams, Lattimore, Bass, Webster, Barrington, Battles, Lamar made up the bulk of the stellar quality of that class and all are still here, most contributing heavily and more than enough to hang our hats on.

Nothing would stop you from having a little CJL lovefest anyway Triple....lol JPP one and done beast, Giddins is looking VERY promising, Williams came around this year with the help of some good coaching, Lattimore = BEAST, Webster is getting there, Barrington is very solid, Battles = MIA, and Lamar has been GREAT on SP but, somewhat MIA on offense. You make a good case with that list so I'll give ya that!

Seeing as how we had zero playmakers on offense this year,

I think Bogan was darn close to being a playmaker this year

There are ZERO playmakers on an offense that's ranked 101st out of 120. period.

one scholly QB,

This has been the biggest negative on the recruiting front, IMO ... We've recruited several qb's but none to really play the position.

and the two best RB's gone becuase of character issues

Doubt either would have made the two deep if they had stayed ... and the ones ahead of them are Leavitt's recruits.

Those two would've BEEN the 2 deep. Neither Mo nor Murray are as talented as Ford or Taylor. Murray may be close to Taylor but, when Ford was on his game he was great!

I don't really see where everyone thinks that CJL was this amazing recruiter.

I really don't see anyone calling him an "amazing" recruiter but recruiting had been on an upswing the past couple of years ... I honestly don't have any serious doubts about recruiting taking a big step backwards with Skip, the T Rex signing helps in that regard, but it would be nice to see a 4 star or two in this year's class and there is still plenty of time and room for that to happen.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well we are in nice company here. I am sick of being the bridesmaid though. Tank has to realize that his chance to dominate will be better here than anywhere else. FSU has been recruiting DL's by the shopping cart full and AL and GA only came calling because they saw the interest Tank was getting in FL.I guess we'll know Wednesday.

via twitter

RecruitingAJC Chip Towers

Butler CC DE Cornelius "Tank" Carradine to announce decision on Wed. his coach "thinks." GA, FS, AL, USF in hunt

Still on for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

KippLAdams Kipp Adams

Butler DE Cornellius Carradine did NOT visit Ohio State last week, and also has moved his press conference back to tomorrow, per his uncle

This doesn't sound too good. More info on why Tank didn't go to OSU, kinda funny actually.

Ohio State site says Tank Carradine will be

a Seminole soon

721833 Wednesday is the first day junior college transfers can sign a letter of intent. And the 2010 JC sack leader (with 16) could be coming FSU's way. Tank Carradine a 6-5, 245 DE from Butler CC, the same school where Markus White played, has reportedly shunned Ohio State and will sign tomorrow with FSU. At least that's what this OSU site is reporting:

Cornelius "Tank" Carradine will be committing to Florida State on Wednesday, and he will not be missed by the Ohio State staff after the stunt he pulled this weekend.

Carradine, a Junior College recruit, was scheduled to officially visit Ohio State this weekend but did not make it to Columbus. Carradine took the flight as planned, but instead of traveling to Columbus for his official visit, he used the opportunity to go home to Cincinnati to see his mother. He essentially used Ohio State's interest in him to bum a free plane trip home.

You've gotta like his potential, but not a good character move if Carradine used an official visit to see his Mom instead of showing up on the Buckeye campus.

Reality check: The Atlanta Journal-Constituion spoke to Carradine's JC coach, who told the AJC's recruiting writer:

“I don’t know what’s going to happen. He’s at home now [in Cincinnati] and I doubt he’ll talk to anybody. To be honest, he’s somewhat overwhelmed by the whole thing.â€

http://classicnoles.typepad.com/chantrant/2010/12/ohio-state-site-says-tank-carradine-will-be-a-nole.html

Jeezzz.....he seems kinda looney.

Well you might seem kinda looney if you had been subjected to the kind of onslaught that this kid was. As a matter of fact. Ypu do seem kind of looney saying that on a recruiting forum about a kid who is the top JUCO transfer in the country a 5-star candidate and who is considering us. And you're not under any kind of duress, that I can tell anyway.

Archived