• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornellius Carradine DE; El Dorado, Kansas ;Butler County C.C.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Carradine has scheduled an official at USF on October 29th. He is coming in on an off weekend, I hope he gets a warm welcome. This guy is a monster.

Listed at 6-5 245# 4.6- 40

Rivals- 4 Star Ranked No. 2 JUCO prospect in US.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/football/recruiting/player-Cornelius-Carradine-104434

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this is heating up. Let's hope he remembers what happened last time FSU played USF.

via twitter

joshnewberg

#1 JUCO DE Cornelius Carradine is setting up an official visit with FSU. He has one with USF. Only 2 visits, will pick between FSU and USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Looks like this is heating up. Let's hope he remembers what happened last time FSU played USF.

And JPP's name should be thrown around liberally while he's here ...

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

And JPP's name should be thrown around liberally while he's here ...

Too bad its a bye week for us too or I would say maybe JPP should show up to the game too...

Here is film of him in Cincinnati Taft's 2007 season when he was originally being recruited. Since then he has added 4 inches in height and 40 lbs of muscle.

Interesting article. I just hope he knows that he would be a big dog in Tampa rather than a medium sized dog in backwater Tallahassee. I really hope he gets to see a bit of Tampa when he comes in so he can tell the difference. Maybe a trip to the beach, whereas in Tallahassee he would go to a bog somewhere.

Down to Noles and Bulls for top JUCO DE

Josh Newberg, Staff Writer

3 hours ago

One of the top JUCO prospects in the nation for 2011 is Butler DE Cornellius Carradine. Originally from Taft High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. The 6-foot-5, 255-pound pass rusher was unable to qualify and landed in Butler, Kansas.

Today Noles247.com caught up with his uncle, Jesse Carradine, for the latest in his recruitment. Jesse has been the guardian of Cornellius since he moved in with him when he was around seven or eight years old. He is handling Cornellius’ recruitment as he focuses on his school work. Cornellius is expected to graduate in December.

“This week FSU came in and offered,†said Jesse Carradine. “He (Cornellius) is very interested to see what they have to offer. We are working on setting up an official visit right now with coach (Darin) Eliot at FSU.â€

For now the only official visit Carradine has planned is a trip to USF in late October.

“Cornellius and I will be flying down to Tampa on October 30th.â€

The Bulls were one of the first teams to offer and Jesse says Cornellius has a good relationship with their staff.

“I would say USF is his favorite right now. Its between USF and FSU. He was very interested in USF but it changed with the offer because now he is talking about FSU.â€

“Cornellius has been in contact with Coach (Kevin) Patrick for a long time now. I know they have a great relationship.â€

His uncle says Cornellius has offers from all over the country including Alabama, Kansas, Ohio State, Arkansas and Illinois. But he’s certain Cornellius is headed to play football somewhere in Florida.

“He’s getting interest from all over but he’s going to Florida for sure. I’m 100% sure on that.â€

“There is something about Florida he’s always loved. We took him there as a kid, to Disney and Orlando. Maybe its from that, but he wants to move to Florida.â€

Jesse says that he and Cornellius’ mom recently talked about where they think he should go.

“We talked last weekend and we don’t want him to come back here (Ohio). There is a lot of trouble here and we want him to just get away and move on with his life in a positive direction.â€

As for now, Jesse says Cornellius has not mentioned being contacted by the University of Florida or the University of Miami.

“I’m pretty sure it’ll come down to USF and FSU. We’re going to set this visit (FSU), go on two trips and make a decision.â€

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/Down-to-Noles-and-Bulls-for-top-JUCO-DE-3622

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Would love to land him here at USF but with FSU's new and improved D leading the nation in sacks that could easily swing his decision their way.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This reminds me of Pierre-Paul situation. It was down to us and FSU. Per Greg Auman below...

USF is close to landing another elite junior college defender, as Cornellius "Tank" Carradine of Butler County in Kansas is down to USF and Florida State and will be making an official visit to USF next weekend.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/juco-linebacker-jeune-commits-bulls

It would be great if he commits on his official. It doesn't sound like the Noles are jumping through any hoops to get him on board. FSU has 2- 4 star DE's committed in this class already and 2 DE's last year. Sounds like a log jam to me.

Archived