• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My opinion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

And those will be arriving and developed by when?  3 years maybe. That's a long time to have to wait to rebuild a team that went to 5 consecutive bowl games. He will have to completely rebuild the fan base and rebuild whatever credibility we started to build.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Here is my concern and I ha ve stated this before. This is a program that is in a very precarious position. We do not have the luxury of waiting another 2 to 3 years.  This program was built on a lot of smoke and mirrors. It was built on a dream with a passionate guy that sold the players and the fans on that dream and pulled off a couple of miracles to bring the dream to life. That is why you have guys like Barrington, Webster, Trex, Lattimore and Giddins here. Without going to a bowl game, with no big in state wins, if we lose most of our games this year, do you think we have a shot at stealing any 4 or 5 star guys. From UM, UF or FSU or any S E C teams?  No way. My concern is we have now blown our attendance.I don't expect to be on national TV next year at all. Our recruiting ends up like an ECU CUSA team and we become the next Syracuse.

That's what I see in the next 3 years.

I don't expect next year to be much better with a freshman QB, young guys on the OL, still unproven backs.

Skip will need a miracle win. Maybe against ND, but I'd take Kelly in that one.

What he will have to sell to bigger recruits is that he is rebuilding the program from the ground up.

We have sucked in big east play since we joined and he is trying to build a contender from the foundation up.

This team is really just a few more WRs, a decent QB and a few good offensive linemen from being a good team.

I don't subscribe to the lets take three steps backwards in order to move four steps forward approach. We have been spoiled over the last 5 years getting ranked, going to five straight bowl games, and winning games against big time opponents like FSU, Auburn,WVU...  

• Content Count:  509

Here is my concern and I ha ve stated this before. This is a program that is in a very precarious position. We do not have the luxury of waiting another 2 to 3 years.  This program was built on a lot of smoke and mirrors. It was built on a dream with a passionate guy that sold the players and the fans on that dream and pulled off a couple of miracles to bring the dream to life. That is why you have guys like Barrington, Webster, Trex, Lattimore and Giddins here. Without going to a bowl game, with no big in state wins, if we lose most of our games this year, do you think we have a shot at stealing any 4 or 5 star guys. From UM, UF or FSU or any S E C teams?  No way. My concern is we have now blown our attendance.I don't expect to be on national TV next year at all. Our recruiting ends up like an ECU CUSA team and we become the next Syracuse.

That's what I see in the next 3 years.

I don't expect next year to be much better with a freshman QB, young guys on the OL, still unproven backs.

Skip will need a miracle win. Maybe against ND, but I'd take Kelly in that one.

What he will have to sell to bigger recruits is that he is rebuilding the program from the ground up.

We have sucked in big east play since we joined and he is trying to build a contender from the foundation up.

This team is really just a few more WRs, a decent QB and a few good offensive linemen from being a good team.

I don't subscribe to the lets take three steps backwards in order to move four steps forward approach. We have been spoiled over the last 5 years getting ranked, going to five straight bowl games, and winning games against big time opponents like FSU, Auburn,WVU...  

and we can't afford to be bad for a while since recruiting will suffer, people wont show up for games,and momentum could shift the other way. Right now we are the worst team in the worst BCS conference and that is dangerous in the current climate of possible realignment of the conferences.

• Content Count:  242

I agree on several points above...

we cannot afford to suck... it will swiftly undo what we were able to build in such a short time frame, at an even quicker pace.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Re building?? So in what part of our illustrious history did you consider us "built"?

We have sucked in big east play since we joined

Since we've joined, we're one game under .500 ... not stellar, hardly sucking ... and have a better conference record than Syracuse, Louisville and UConn ... so please stop with the hyperbole.

• Content Count:  521

Re building?? So in what part of our illustrious history did you consider us "built"?

Since we've joined, we're one game under .500 ... not stellar, hardly sucking ... and have a better conference record than Syracuse, Louisville and UConn ... so please stop with the hyperbole.

If we were so great in the Big East, maybe YOUR coach would still have a job right now.  Instead, he is in a courtroom battle just trying to save face.  He'd be lucky if the Judge wasn't a USF grad, or else he wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, considering his mid-season collapses every year.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If we were so great in the Big East, maybe YOUR coach would still have a job right now.  Instead, he is in a courtroom battle just trying to save face.  He'd be lucky if the Judge wasn't a USF grad, or else he wouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, considering his mid-season collapses every year.

Pretty sure Trip was arguing that the program was never fully built to begin with..........

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Pretty sure Trip was arguing that the program was never fully built to begin with..........

And nowhere did I say "we were so great in the Big East" ... I hate people who can't read.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will be a power under holtz 

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I think the guys looked more interested last year.  Not sure what the mentality is. 

Losing seems acceptable to more than just the fans that continue to blame Leavitt. 

true

Archived