• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My opinion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

Let me say first and foremost... I will do my best to maintain patience with a new staff.  But, I cannot help but be upset about the progress of this team through the first part of the season.  We are 0-2 in the Big East (have we ever been that bad?).  We haven't scored an offensive TD in what seems like a generation.  I hear people telling me it's a transition... it's a new regime...it's going to take time... well call me old school but I am tired of hearing these explanations (cough, excuses).

I don't believe in excuses.  Sure, I am not a head coach but I ask anyone this... would you implement a scheme, regardless of personnel, to get the team as comfortable with your system as soon as possible... or would you gradually implement a scheme, adapt to the inherited personnel, and recruit accordingly, and have a three year plan to succeed in the future under your plan, but also to succeed in the transition period (i.e. i am seeing rich rod at Michigan and steve kragthorpe at this point).

I feel that many of the Leavitt detractors are much quicker to blame BJ (and he does deserve a good portion of it), but fail to mention the coaches.  I understand transition, but I do not anoint a new coaching staff for being a new staff and a fresh look.  I look at it more as they new coaches need to prove something, they must earn praise, not await it as their personnel get recruited and implemented.  I sincerely hope that coach holtz is successful here.  I love my Bulls, and until I moved early this year to another state, cheered them on, win or lose, as loud as anyone in the stadium, all the way until the band played the alma mater.

I am disturbed and discouraged as to the current direction of the program.  Leavitt detractors, please do not say the program was left bare of talent.  I understand some top receivers are hurt and our top two RB's are no longer with us, but I also believe, as many have said, we have recruited very well, and that talent should show itself, especially on national tv.

At this point I am grasping at straws and lost as a fan.  Call me impatient and desperate for instant gratification, but I don't know where to go or what to think at this point.  I am hopeful for the future, but I would take a midseason collapse over a full season folly.  At least under the previous regime we had somewhere to fall.  Now, we can't fall any further.

GO BULLS! I hope we can win the rest of our games (I hope we win any of our games).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894

miami went threw new coordinators for a few seasons and struggled with great talent. michigan struggled at first.  when you have when you implement a new system its going to take time. I think the coaching staff is going to get a pass for atleast two or three years. They are great coaches in my opinion i like what were doing were just not executing. I just dont know what you expected.

• Content Count:  901

A pass for 2 or 3 years?  What are we supposed to do with our tickets?

Guest Scherdin

Have you ever thought that maybe other teams were able to figure us out?  As the guys on ESPN said, WV was able to get a QB that could actually throw so now they have become a better threat.  And a lot of the other BE teams started to figure if you ram down our throat we fall apart.

If you want really want to blame people it's a lot of the old regime for not making those adjustments and having players better prepared.  I've been saying this all season, we have a bunch of RS freshman and sophomores out there playing more experienced teams. You really can't think we are going to pull these kind of games out...seriously think about it.  We are like a JV team out there.

Most of us should have realized this was coming, when you lose a bunch of guys to the NFL and don't have a succession plan in place to replace them...you are going to get thumped.  I don't think the other staff would be able to do much better.

Plus the last I looked we didn't do much in the BE with the other staff.

Just get used to see us in the loss column this year!

• Content Count:  901

I think the guys looked more interested last year.  Not sure what the mentality is. 

Losing seems acceptable to more than just the fans that continue to blame Leavitt. 

• Content Count:  1,894

I dont see how your saying wvu getting a throwing qb beat us? I think they had two field goals, one legit break down on a playaction and an interception which misewell have been a pick 6. Our defense played great. They kept us in the ball game. This is strictly an offensive problem.

• Content Count:  498

I dont see how your saying wvu getting a throwing qb beat us? I think they had two field goals, one legit break down on a playaction and an interception which misewell have been a pick 6. Our defense played great. They kept us in the ball game. This is strictly an offensive problem.

Dead on!  If the offense had an ounce of life, the defense would appear that much greater on paper!  I mean I didnt like the playaction TD or the two 3rd and longs that were converted, but overall the D was on fire and they didnt let up, even though the probably knew BJ would not do anything.

Guest Scherdin

When we played WV all we had to do was contain the run and make Pat White or who ever to beat us with the pass.  We had some great pass rushers and LB's that could get up the field and disrupt their offense causing punts and turnovers.  You could tell we weren't as aggressive as we have been in the past, since we don't have that talent and their QB is throwing the ball so well.  

You are absolutely right our D played great and we shot ourselves in the foot again.  But having a QB that isn't as one dimensional as they have had in the past played a part into this.  

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Here is my concern and I ha ve stated this before. This is a program that is in a very precarious position. We do not have the luxury of waiting another 2 to 3 years.  This program was built on a lot of smoke and mirrors. It was built on a dream with a passionate guy that sold the players and the fans on that dream and pulled off a couple of miracles to bring the dream to life. That is why you have guys like Barrington, Webster, Trex, Lattimore and Giddins here. Without going to a bowl game, with no big in state wins, if we lose most of our games this year, do you think we have a shot at stealing any 4 or 5 star guys. From UM, UF or FSU or any S E C teams?  No way. My concern is we have now blown our attendance.I don't expect to be on national TV next year at all. Our recruiting ends up like an ECU CUSA team and we become the next Syracuse.

That's what I see in the next 3 years.

I don't expect next year to be much better with a freshman QB, young guys on the OL, still unproven backs.

Skip will need a miracle win. Maybe against ND, but I'd take Kelly in that one.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Here is my concern and I ha ve stated this before. This is a program that is in a very precarious position. We do not have the luxury of waiting another 2 to 3 years.  This program was built on a lot of smoke and mirrors. It was built on a dream with a passionate guy that sold the players and the fans on that dream and pulled off a couple of miracles to bring the dream to life. That is why you have guys like Barrington, Webster, Trex, Lattimore and Giddins here. Without going to a bowl game, with no big in state wins, if we lose most of our games this year, do you think we have a shot at stealing any 4 or 5 star guys. From UM, UF or FSU or any S E C teams?  No way. My concern is we have now blown our attendance.I don't expect to be on national TV next year at all. Our recruiting ends up like an ECU CUSA team and we become the next Syracuse.

That's what I see in the next 3 years.

I don't expect next year to be much better with a freshman QB, young guys on the OL, still unproven backs.

Skip will need a miracle win. Maybe against ND, but I'd take Kelly in that one.

What he will have to sell to bigger recruits is that he is rebuilding the program from the ground up.

We have sucked in big east play since we joined and he is trying to build a contender from the foundation up.

This team is really just a few more WRs, a decent QB and a few good offensive linemen from being a good team.

Archived