• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm disappointed to be an USF fan - Fans leaving early while game is competitive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone needs to realize something.  Our dedicated fan base is minuscule.  You had about 18,000 no shows for homecoming.  Of the people that show up, not all are dedicated fans.  We brought friends and the wife read most of the time.  She has no interest in football.  As for leaving early, I never judge.  I HATE sitting in traffic after a game.  I left the Yankees/Rays game after 10 innings when Brignac won it in the 11th.  I rarely stay for the end of a sporting event.  I was there until the end of the 'Cuse game and stayed until the end of the 2nd Rays playoff game.  Both were rare for me.  Let's not start another thread of who the best fan is.

I love the Bulls.  I leave when I'm ready for whatever reason I choose.  But I show up for the games to cheer them on including some volleyball, basketball and baseball games.

I am more disappointed in the no shows than people that leave early.

I respectively disagree.  EVERY SINGLE COLLEGE FOOTBALL game has traffic after a game.  I wouldn't care if we were blowing them out by 20 points..but the fact that it was still winnable and people left got me pist.  It was just like the Rays game 2 playoff.  People started to leave at the 5th inning!  Are you kidding me!...Like .. when you only stay at the game when you are happy what you see and leave when you don't...THAT IS A DEFINITION OF A FAIRWEATHER FAN.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  225

Hey guys before I sign off.. I just want to say.. I know everyone on this forum is a true fan.  I guess the reason I got a little mad is because of how Saturday played out.  I knew a few people who I had season tickets with and the last few weeks.. pretty much none of them went to the game.  So I'm thinking ..there are only a few fairweather fans like them.  Well anyways.. this past weekend.. majority of the group actually decides to go to the game.. so they pick me up ..

So they decided to leave early.. and I'm like WHAT!.. the game is not over.. Luckily I had another friend who could drive me home.    So I was pist first because these guys who bought season tickets..never go to the game..and when they do go.. ..they end up leaving early (I don't care if they do it if we are blowing out a team  or getting killed..but we were in WINNABLE game).. ..So I was always defended USF fans saying they are the exception not the rule..and than I just saw the sea of people leaving.  .. I was listening to JPeterson on 1010 am and his co-star (USF alumnus).. was as equally as pist.  He says..you know how embarassing that is.  What do you think recruits think of that.. Your team is in the game... and your fans just begin to leave.  This will definitely hurt USF if fans are this fairweather.. I just hope they change.  I will go to the games through thick and thin..but I admit I will only rout for USF .  After the last few weeks .. I had it with most Tampa fans.  I use to defend Tampa like crazy but it gets to the point where this is just sad.  Tampa is a football town and the Bucs are 3-1 and they are going to blackout next game.  The Rays.. I understand their stadium is not centrally located but the Bucs can't get fans...and the fans that do go to the game.. end up leaving early. ..How can you expect a team to fight through a rough game..when their fans can't even stay till the end of WINNABLE game .. Like I said.. I know everyone on this forum are the true fans but that just got me irritated because personally I would of had to leave if I didn't have extra friends to drive me home and it just sucks. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I stuck around until 00:00, because I had convinced myself that a last second miracle was in the offing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Oh, I am a bad fan.  I sat throught the deluge in the SW Texas game, I sat through the Sun Bowl, and the killing by Hofstra a few years back.  The loss to Ex Cuse was more than I wanted to watch, so yes we left with less than 5 minutes left.  I screamed my head off the rest of the time I was there.

Somehow that game has become iconic for us.  ;D Thirty years from now we'll still be talking about it..... "couldn't see across the field it was raining so **** hard!!!! "

• Content Count:  425

Leaving early has never made sense to me, even when we're blowing a team out. How can we build TRADITION when the stadium is half empty in the 4th quarter? Does that happen in Tuscaloosa, Austin(TX), or Columbus(OH)? NO, b/c they've built a tradition of supporting their team win/lose and their fans make the game a day-long event (tailgating, BBQ, Beer, tossing football, friends/family, school pride, etc.). I can't believe how late USF fans get to their seats as well...Is there really that much more to do in Tampa? Or do most of our fans not understand the deeper meaning of college football? I guess I was baptized correctly, being a Crimson Tide season ticket holder (w/ my dad when I was just 13). I have faith that we can become a big time fan base. We just need success and some fan education.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Oh, I am a bad fan.  I sat throught the deluge in the SW Texas game, I sat through the Sun Bowl, and the killing by Hofstra a few years back.  The loss to Ex Cuse was more than I wanted to watch, so yes we left with less than 5 minutes left.  I screamed my head off the rest of the time I was there.

Somehow that game has become iconic for us.  ;D Thirty years from now we'll still be talking about it..... "couldn't see across the field it was raining so **** hard!!!! "

True, how true

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Well it's a good thing that the bandwagon is built low to the ground...  I have to admit I left for the first time ever with a miniute left on the clock. I was just over it.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I leave early the majority of the games.  I usually have family/friends with me, and the younger ones get a little restless.

You need to be careful when you throw labels out there which don't fit every situation. 

There are tons of real fans who made it to that game, and some made it late, and some left early.  People have kids.  They have family obligations.  Life happens.

How about we don't piss on the people who made it to the game, and be glad they were there to support the program. 

• Content Count:  2,277

We left as soon as we didn't convert on our last possession.  I think there was 2 minutes or so left.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I can't blame people for leaving this game early, once Cuse got the ball back with a few minutes to go what is to watch... them run out the clock and their fan base work them selves up into a lather  ???

I unfortunately missed the game and wanted to leave my house early.

Archived