• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another reason for not playing cupcakes to start the year

Guest nybullsfan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't think we'd be better than 6-6 before the first kickoff this season after what went down this offseason, but sure as hell didn't think we'd lose to Cuse on HOMECOMING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!  All the street cred we had built over the last few seasons???  Absolutely trashed.  We're at ground zero fellas.  Like it or not, USF has NO RESPECT in college football.  The "newness" is gone, we're just another University fielding a football team until we have a year where we don't "win the Big East", but absolutely DEMOLISH it like Miami used to.

Sorry, but that's the state of things and it sucks.  This offseason absolutely GUTTED this program to the core.  I'm holding out hope Holtz is building this baby right concentrating on the OL in recruiting, but when a guy gets paid what he does, HOW IN THE HELL CAN HE NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT MY 6 YEAR OLD DID ON HIS PS3????  CALL PLAYS TO THE STRENGTHS OF YOUR PLAYERS AND THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY!  No way should Plancher be toting the rock ahead of Murray in a tight game.  That's when you need BIG PLAYS!  Bring in Plancher when we've got the lead and we're milking the clock.

That's what has me pissed off and concerned.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

I didn't think we'd be better than 6-6 before the first kickoff this season after what went down this offseason, but sure as hell didn't think we'd lose to Cuse on HOMECOMING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!  All the street cred we had built over the last few seasons???  Absolutely trashed.  We're at ground zero fellas.  Like it or not, USF has NO RESPECT in college football.  The "newness" is gone, we're just another University fielding a football team until we have a year where we don't "win the Big East", but absolutely DEMOLISH it like Miami used to.

Sorry, but that's the state of things and it *****.  This offseason absolutely GUTTED this program to the core.  I'm holding out hope Holtz is building this baby right concentrating on the OL in recruiting, but when a guy gets paid what he does, HOW IN THE HELL CAN HE NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT MY 6 YEAR OLD DID ON HIS PS3????  CALL PLAYS TO THE STRENGTHS OF YOUR PLAYERS AND THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY!  No way should Plancher be toting the rock ahead of Murray in a tight game.  That's when you need BIG PLAYS!  Bring in Plancher when we've got the lead and we're milking the clock.

Homecoming weekend means nothing to the players and obviously not a lot to most USF grads.  Attendance was pitiful.  Army was homecoming I believe.  Hate to bring up ancient past, but I just don't see Homecoming as any advantage on the field. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sorry, but that's the state of things and it *****.  This offseason absolutely GUTTED this program to the core.  I'm holding out hope Holtz is building this baby right concentrating on the OL in recruiting, but when a guy gets paid what he does, HOW IN THE HELL CAN HE NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT MY 6 YEAR OLD DID ON HIS PS3????  CALL PLAYS TO THE STRENGTHS OF YOUR PLAYERS AND THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY!  No way should Plancher be toting the rock ahead of Murray in a tight game.  That's when you need BIG PLAYS!  Bring in Plancher when we've got the lead and we're milking the clock.

Homecoming weekend means nothing to the players and obviously not a lot to most USF grads.  Attendance was pitiful.  Army was homecoming I believe.  Hate to bring up ancient past, but I just don't see Homecoming as any advantage on the field. 

Yeah this loss does not come close to the Army loss on homecoming.  That army loss was worse than this in every single possible way.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,683
  • Days Won:  424

Just as an FYI, we are now 9 and 5 on homecoming games, if the pre game show info was correct ...

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Only advantage that homecoming gives is that it serves as bulletin board material for the visiting team.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We must start scheduling out of conference games against more competitive teams from BCS conferences. Sure, schedule one cream puff, but then take on a real team. We were not prepared for the jump in toughness that Syracuse showed. Florida gave us a taste of that but then that was it. Our AD is only concerned about reaching six wins so he can say "we made a bowl again...isn’t that great?". I hope that Skip can have some input into the scheduling in the future. I would rather be 1 and 3 heading into Big East but better prepared to win games in the conference.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You say you'd rather be 1-3, but if it were to happen, you along with everyone else would be on here complaining about the team.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

You say you'd rather be 1-3, but if it were to happen, you along with everyone else would be on here complaining about the team.

I'd rather completely destroy every team in the Big East and lose to a few SEC teams/ACC teams/Big 12 teams.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It gives us unrealistic expectations.

We're apparently not a very good team this year.

We may end up in last place in the worst BCS conference ever.

This loss was hard to take, but hopefully the players will bounce back and come out fighting next game.

Go Bulls!!

been saying this for years

\

usf wasnot preppared for syracuse by playing sb and wku

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Worst loss since rutgers in 08. This could be a long season...

How about Rutgers '09? Pitt '09?

Archived