• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shane Larkin news

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Gotta get him

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Word is Larkin is trying to hold out in hopes of a bigger school coming in after him. That is the only reason why he hasn't committed already.

I wonder if George Mason had this info would they even want Larkin wasting their time? Of course Larkin stated last year that he wants to play for a high D-1 school and Wake Forrest was his dream school.

Hopefully for us one of the higher profile schools doesn't swoop in at the 11th hr and grab Larkin. Heath has been hammering Larkin with he can make a name for himself starting at USF in the Big East.

Also let's hope Cincy doesn't come into the picture as that city probably holds a special place in Barry Larkin's heart and he might not mind seeing his son play there.

• 9 months later...

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Shane Larkin leaving DePaul

DePaul freshman Shane Larkin is leaving the university to be closer to his Florida home due an undisclosed medical condition, Blue Demons coach Oliver Purnell announced Thursday.

"It crushed him," said Shane's father and former baseball star Barry Larkin. "It's a medical issue. I'm not at liberty to discuss my son's medical issues. It was probably one of the toughest things he's had to deal with. He felt terrible. He felt like he's let people down."

Barry Larkin wasn't sure whether his son would transfer somewhere close to home or what he would do this upcoming school year.

"I'm not sure what the future holds to be quite honest," Barry said. "I don't know yet.

"He's really struggled with dealing with this. It was tough on him. It was tough on his family. He really loved Chicago. We love Chicago."

Larkin was DePaul's most highly rated recruit in its 2011 class and was expected to start next season in the backcourt with sophomore Brandon Young.

"I'm disappointed he's not going to be here, and we're concerned about Shane's well-being," Purnell said in a statement. "I support his decision."

Larkin thanked Purnell for his short time at DePaul.

"At this time, the best situation for my well-being is to remain in Florida," Larkin said in a statement. "I appreciate everything coach Purnell and the staff have done to support me at this time."

Supposedly, he's going to either UCF or Miami now.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/6834564/shane-larkin-leaving-depaul-blue-demons-undisclosed-medical-reasons?campaign=rss&source=ESPNUHeadlines

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,668
  • Days Won:  424

Shane Larkin leaving DePaul

DePaul freshman Shane Larkin is leaving the university to be closer to his Florida home due an undisclosed medical condition, Blue Demons coach Oliver Purnell announced Thursday.

"It crushed him," said Shane's father and former baseball star Barry Larkin. "It's a medical issue. I'm not at liberty to discuss my son's medical issues. It was probably one of the toughest things he's had to deal with. He felt terrible. He felt like he's let people down."

Barry Larkin wasn't sure whether his son would transfer somewhere close to home or what he would do this upcoming school year.

"I'm not sure what the future holds to be quite honest," Barry said. "I don't know yet.

"He's really struggled with dealing with this. It was tough on him. It was tough on his family. He really loved Chicago. We love Chicago."

Larkin was DePaul's most highly rated recruit in its 2011 class and was expected to start next season in the backcourt with sophomore Brandon Young.

"I'm disappointed he's not going to be here, and we're concerned about Shane's well-being," Purnell said in a statement. "I support his decision."

Larkin thanked Purnell for his short time at DePaul.

"At this time, the best situation for my well-being is to remain in Florida," Larkin said in a statement. "I appreciate everything coach Purnell and the staff have done to support me at this time."

Supposedly, he's going to either UCF or Miami now.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/6834564/shane-larkin-leaving-depaul-blue-demons-undisclosed-medical-reasons?campaign=rss&source=ESPNUHeadlines

That's kind of weird .... I wonder what kind of condition would prompt that .... something cold related? ... and I didn't see anything about where in that article but UCF would obviously be on top of the list because of proximity to family.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wish him health

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Serious blow to Oliver Purnell's class over at DePaul. I wish the kid the best, even though I thought he should have committed to USF from the get-go.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

gregauman Greg Auman

DePaul transfer Shane Larkin -- on Twitter at @SLarkin_3 -- has already updated his bio to reflect new status as freshman guard at Miami.

28 minutes ago

Archived