• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The fumble on the 10...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Right before that snap I was saying to the people around me: We just need to protect the football down here. BAM! Fumble...

So this was all your fault  ;)

I thought the INT leading to the 1st UF TD was the turning point for momentum.  We pretty much dominated until then.  Not saying the fumble wasn't huge, but allowing them to tie it at the half was bigger IMHO.

Agreed that the INT just before the half was a real pisser, it got the crowd back into the game, the UF bench came alive, but I think that if we coulda punched that ball in it woulda been HUGE for our confidence and have a little bit of doubt woulda crept back into their sideline...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

is the one that we will remember...just awful.

This is what turned the game around and got the Gayturds all riled up... if we did not fumble it would be safe to say that it would had broke the Gayturds backs so to speak. We had them in a corner, we had them confused, and we had them discouraged. When they got the fumble it gave them a breath of life.

Seriously up until this fumble the Gayturd fans in our section were leaving early and were making comments about how they are not going to sit through a loss. We had them where we wanted them and we let it slip away before we could get a lead.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the back that fumbled the ball a rookie?? If so he should not had been in the game until we had some breathing room.

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

The fumble definately turned the momentum back to them.

Then followed by dumb QB play doomed us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the back that fumbled the ball a rookie?? If so he should not had been in the game until we had some breathing room.

Murray's a sophomore and had a pretty good game, outside the funble .... and the fumble was the game changer, IMO. If the Gators had come out and scored on their first possession of the 2nd half, I'd have said it was the pick right before the half, but they didn't. The fumble resulted in a, probable, 14 point swing.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

it was the INT before the half definitely. that made the Gators feel better at halftime and USF more pressure on not making another mistake but eventually led to many more.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

How can people think the INT before half was the game changer?  There was an exchange of punts in the 3rd qtr before USF drove it to the UF 15 and fumbled. UF scored on their next posession.  Clearly the 3rd qtr fumble changed the momentum. 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

is the one that we will remember...just awful.

Agreed.  It deflated us.  And it brought the Gator fans back into the game.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How can people think the INT before half was the game changer?

Oh, I don't know.  Which do you think had a bigger impact on the game, four INTs or one fumble?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Oh, I don't know.  Which do you think had a bigger impact on the game, four INTs or one fumble?

Answering a question with a question ..... bad.

And the question Jake asked was about ONE interception.

But I agree... the fumble changed the game.  We were driving for a TD... fumble... and Demps makes his run... a 14 point swing... brought the crown into it.

If USF had scored on that drive, the rest of the game would have been different.

Archived