• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTSP (CH. 10) - Jim Leavitt reflects on life after USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

CJL certainly built the foundation.  It's sad things turned out the way they did.  Hopefully both Leavitt and USF eventually find themselves in a good situation.  Even with the best of itentions, sometimes partnerships just don't last.  Hopefully there will be a settlement soon and everyone can move past the blame game.

While partnerships may not last it's no excuse for USF to act devoid of integrity and honor to end the partnership.

Politics in the modern world.  You stand up and say all the right things, and let your posse communicate the spin.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Before a round of golf at Westchase Golf Club in Tampa, 10 News Sports Anchor Dave Wirth sat down with Jim Leavitt, and found out that the St. Pete native has been busy with the new addition to the Leavitt household.

"I'm a new dad," said Jim Leavitt. "Sophia Alexis is 8 weeks old, and she's adoreable. She's teaching me a lot of stuff, and it's been a lot of fun."

At least he finally had time to relax and get laid with all his free time away from coaching.  While coaching at USF he was wound up so tight that he was close to popping a few blood vessels on the sidelines.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=145124&catid=4

Tampa, FL-- It's been 8 months since USF fired its head football coach, Jim Leavitt, for striking a player. This past weekend, which opened the college football season, he was not on USF's sideline for the first time in 13 years.

Before a round of golf at Westchase Golf Club in Tampa, 10 News Sports Anchor Dave Wirth sat down with Jim Leavitt, and found out that the St. Pete native has been busy with the new addition to the Leavitt household.

"I'm a new dad," said Jim Leavitt. "Sophia Alexis is 8 weeks old, and she's adoreable. She's teaching me a lot of stuff, and it's been a lot of fun."

This past weekend, the USF Bulls played Stony Brook in the season opener. It was the first game the Bulls ever played, with Jim Leavitt as their head coach.

"I didn't know how tough it would be, but it was tough," Leavitt admitted. "It was hard. I watched a little bit of South Florida, and then I turned it off. It was kind of hard to watch, you miss it so much."

And he has not spoken at all, to receiver Joel Miller, whose charges against Leavitt led to an investigation, and his eventual firing.

"No, I haven't really spoken to any players, but I got a bunch of texts from a lot of them and they've all been great. They're a great group, they're a neat group, and I'm really proud of them."

This Saturday, the Bulls travel to Gainesville to play the Florida Gators for the first time. It's a game that Leavitt fought to get on the schedule, for many years. He wanted a home and home series, but Florida never wanted to play in Tampa... at least against USF.

"And now after beating Florida State, and beating Auburn, and beating North Carolina, winning some games like that, there's no reason Florida shouldn't come to Tampa. But I don't know if they ever will."

It becomes very clear, after talking with Jim Leavitt for just a few minutes, that he still has the fire and the passion, for coaching.

"I had some high school teams that reached out to me," said Leavitt about job inquiries. "It was close, I thought about it, because I thought, shoot, if I just go out and coach, that's great... high school, college, or the NFL, or whatever, it's not going to be much different with the passion I have for the game."

Jim Leavitt filed suit against USF, and the USF Foundation, for breach of contract... and violation of Florida's Public Records Law. That lawsuit is still active, so he couldn't talk about the specifics of what happened at haltime of that game in November.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Existing thread on this article in the off field section.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

He would still be coaching if he had got laid more. He laid his stress out on Miller neck and face.

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Whenever we get an OC Stadium there should be something there signifying what the man did for this football program. Maybe by then old wounds will have healed.

+1  maybe call it  Leavitt Field

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

He would still be coaching if he had got laid more. He laid his stress out on Miller neck and face.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Whatever actually happened was clearly harmful to Miller.

WAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAA!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry, I felt obligated since it was moved off the almost grown-up board.

All because some delusional guy in LA couldn't restrain himself.  I shouldn't have lowered myself.  Sorry again.

:cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2 :cry2

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

isn't the saying: one bad apple spoils a whole bunch  ;D

Archived