• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herald Tribune: Swamp snub for USF fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

UF isn't Bowling Green. 

And for the attitude, they can have that after 2 NC's in FB and 1 in BB in the past 5 seasons.  Not to mention alll of the SEC Titles and NC's in other sports. 

As for attitude, their is a waiting list for UF tickets, so of course there isn't much to be had by USF fans.  It isn't that they are slighting USF, they are that good that they can sell out all of their games.  UF season ticket holders are substantial and therefore there are no tickets left to any game.  Only a small allotment to the opposing team are made available. 

Article fails.

Gators had an attitude long before their recent NC.  Don't confuse good with selling out.  USC sells out all their games and they haven't won the SEC in how many years ?  I think if you talk to other SEC schools they pretty much say the same thing about UF - pompus attitude - even when they won nothing.  Me - I could care less because it is just another game I get to go see my Bulls play and will enjoy it.  BUT - I somehow doubt that we come back from the game saying what great fans UF has like we did with Auburn.  Even after we beat FSU almost all the Noles fans I ran into were cool. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  130

It's not like in 2001, where UF came to USF to play basketball, and USF refused to sell tickets to non-boosters to make sure that too many Gators didn't get in.

That game was part of a mini plan package, so "non-boosters" could have bought it. Individual tickets did go on sale the week before the game.

Don't try and act like UF doesn't do things like that. USF received less tickets than and SEC program does.

That's quite generous of USF to allow non USF fans to buy packages of tickets to attend one game.

USF isn't an SEC program and it's not a home-home contract, so I'm not sure why that is even relevant, unless you are just looking for something to complain about.

5,000 seems to be the standard allotment for big programs who regularly sell out their stadiums. UF offers more than that.

Hell, Miami only got 4,000 for their game vs. Ohio State.

• Content Count:  99

UF isn't Bowling Green. 

And for the attitude, they can have that after 2 NC's in FB and 1 in BB in the past 5 seasons.  Not to mention alll of the SEC Titles and NC's in other sports. 

As for attitude, their is a waiting list for UF tickets, so of course there isn't much to be had by USF fans.  It isn't that they are slighting USF, they are that good that they can sell out all of their games.  UF season ticket holders are substantial and therefore there are no tickets left to any game.  Only a small allotment to the opposing team are made available. 

Article fails.

Gators had an attitude long before their recent NC.  Don't confuse good with selling out.  USC sells out all their games and they haven't won the SEC in how many years ?  I think if you talk to other SEC schools they pretty much say the same thing about UF - pompus attitude - even when they won nothing.  Me - I could care less because it is just another game I get to go see my Bulls play and will enjoy it.  BUT - I somehow doubt that we come back from the game saying what great fans UF has like we did with Auburn.  Even after we beat FSU almost all the Noles fans I ran into were cool. 

I'm confused. Are you saying the Gators aren't a good team? That they haven't had a good team?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

UF isn't Bowling Green. 

Article fails.

I'd agree.  I didn't catch any crap from FSU fans before or after the game.  I did get a bet of crap from some drunk 20 something y.o. chick in front of us, but she was pretty drunk.  Fans around her were apologizing for her behavior.  My friend, who is single, set we should tolerate it because "she was cute and wearing really short shorts".  Good point.

Otherwise, I hung out at FSU bars after the game, and no one was rude or mean.  Most people congratulated us on the win.  Some even bought us beers at potbellies bar. 

I doubt they will be as cordial before, or after this game, regardless of the outcome.

• Content Count:  993

I don't feel slighted at all.  Why should they give us more tickets if they can sell them to their own fans?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That's quite generous of USF to allow non USF fans to buy packages of tickets to attend one game.

USF isn't an SEC program and it's not a home-home contract, so I'm not sure why that is even relevant, unless you are just looking for something to complain about.

5,000 seems to be the standard allotment for big programs who regularly sell out their stadiums. UF offers more than that.

Hell, Miami only got 4,000 for their game vs. Ohio State.

Again, the game did have individual tickets that went on sale. Can't blame USF for making some extra money off of it.

I wasn't complaining about anything. I was stating, matter of factly, that UF offers less of an allotment of tickets to non SEC teams.

As I said earlier, I'd love to see the day when we are in the same position and would have a minimal amount of tickets left for visiting teams.

• Content Count:  12

It isn't a slight against USF at all. FSU and Miami could give USF a bigger allotment to guarantee a sellout. UF doesn't need to.

• Content Count:  2,052

I love to listen to all the gator lovers on this board. You liberal middle of the roaders should never wear the green and gold. Either your a USF fan or not. Pick a side and quit riding the fence. I took a stand many years ago denouncing UF. I will promote and speak about USF in every bias I can. UF fans ARE arrogant as I said in the article. Swagger? No! Pimp and Smack? Yes. It has now come the time to quit the looking down upon any school who opposes your so called rhetoric and ideals as the gold standard. True, you have accomplished many things in the present. How many years did it take is the question? I bleed Green and Gold. "So let it be said, so shall it be written."    Go USF      Reaper

• Content Count:  4,501

UF isn't Bowling Green. 

Article fails.

I'm confused. Are you saying the Gators aren't a good team? That they haven't had a good team?

No I am not saying the Gators are not a good team and not saying they haven't had a good team.  Saying it took them 50 years or so to win a NC and many fans from other SEC schools have made the same remark about the pompus attitude of UF fans even when they were nothing to write home about.  Got family and friends from South Carolina and Ga and some that went to Auburn and they all seem to have a dislike of UF - just a common thread.  We shall see how the game goes in Gainesville and how the fans are then I will have more personal experience with it.  

• Content Count:  2,052

Also, please answer this question gator lovers... Why didn't UF sign a home and home deal with USF much like MOST schools do? Gotta always have the advantage don't you to stack the deck. Chicken bleeps!

Archived