• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herald Tribune: Swamp snub for USF fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It's nothing new, UF considers itself among the elite of the nation's universities, and thus their scheduling, ticket allotment, and general attitude reflects that. I don't condone their methods, but it's what makes them money. We'll go in there, give em hell, take our win or loss, and move on to the next week. Not much can be done until they have a period of being down...which will happen eventually (who knows if this could be the beginning of that if the team keeps playing like it did).

I never liked that UF won't schedule home and homes, or leave the state to play a non SEC game, but I can understand that even with the huge checks they write to smaller schools to come in and take ass kickings, they make a whole hell of a lot more money at home. Plus, the last time they left the state to go OOC, they lost to a little team named Syracuse (in 1990 or 91), and I guess their mantra is to just schedule stuff at home and do the FSU thing every other year, with the occasional Miami trip (I hear they are traveling to Miami in 2013).

I'm almost glad they don't come to Raymond James. Their overly rabid fanbase would buy up tons of tickets, and half the fairweathers at USF would be arm chomping away in our own student section.

Granted, USF only has about 6,000 tickets available, and even if it's all spread out and not in a group, I still feel there will be a bit more than that number. I'd say we will manage to sneak in between 8,000 and 9,000 just from people giving up their tickets (because it's not a "big SEC game") or other means.

We will go in there with less than 10,000, and we will bring the noise. If they were sweating during the Miami-OH game, they have a whole 'nother thing coming this weekend. GB!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

Give you 6,000 tickets.... you complain that it's not enough and you're being treated as second rate.

Give you 10,000 tickets.... and you'll start with the comments that we don't sell out our games and had 10,000 left over to give. 

At some point the colored glasses and blind homerism on both sides (yes Gators too) has top be put aside and people have to look at reality for what it is:  college football is big-time business.  Purely a financial decision no matter how you spin it. 

Archived