• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wish Florida had a big game last week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

I know Miami went 1-11, but I'm VERY familiar with the program.

They started 17 freshmen and sophomores last fall. They could win their division in the MAC this year.

To say a .500 FCS school is even close is stupid.

Look at what other MAC schools did to better I-AA schools this past weekend.

Florida will be ready Saturday, but I feel MUCH better about our chances after they looked like **** Saturday.

We weren't blinding them.

I guess you can call me stupid then.  Oh, please lump Jeff Sagarin in that too, as the end of last season he ranked SB less than 10 spots higher than Miami/Ohio.   Just going off of that ranking system, unless you have something even more analytical.  Or we could just go with your "I am very familiar with that program" theory....  

I have one. You are comparing a 2009 team to a 2010 team. Teams can change drastically year to year

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

This is why you play a creampuff for the first game, just ask Pitt and VaTech what happens when you start with a good opponent.

We looked just as rusty for our game as UF did in theirs.  I won't speculate on comparing apples to oranges as UF could afford a better creampuff.

As for our Bulls in the season opener:

The good: BJ and the receivers looked like they're starting to gel.  Landi is a beast and looks like he plays hard all the way till the whistle on every down.

The Bad: NONE of the RBs stepped up while the game was on the line.  We should have had 200 yards rushing in the first half against this cupcake.

The UGLY:  Our defense and special teams.  Our D was exposed in the first two quarters.  The secondary looked confused and out of synch.  Our D didn't get with stopping Stony B until they stopped themselves.  The special teams fumbles have to stop now.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend.  It will be a good game if the running game clicks and the special teams fumbles stop.  If not, we're in for a long game and a couple years of crap talk from the gayter nation.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

This is why you play a creampuff for the first game, just ask Pitt and VaTech what happens when you start with a good opponent.

Worked well for us.

Sincerely,

Ole Miss

• Content Count:  558

C'mon folks, The Gators have big problems. I watched the game on dvr last night (able to rewind and frame by frame like a coach). The only thing that might be a one game problem is the shotgun snaps. The rest of their issues are the following:

- Starters had to play all 4 qtrs out of necessity (game was still close in start of 4th 21-12)......Bulls pulled all starters by mid 3rd qtr.

- By leaving their starters in all game in that Sun, they lost another OL and their CB is out 6 weeks with arm injury.

- If they do not move Pouncey back to his natural position and let Robey center, he is bound to snap a couple more errant ones.

- Brantley fumbled a perfectly good snap and collided with RB on a fake handoff.

- They had 13yds on Net Offense at half time and 26yds to start the 4th qtr.

- Defense gave up over 200yds passing and over 100yds to one receiver.

- Miami's #1 RB was ejected in 2nd qtr and their #2 did not make the trip due to injury (probably main reason for low running yd total)

- Miami had two long sustained drives (50-60+ yds) in 3rd or 4th only to end up with field goals.

- TIME of Possesion: Miami had the ball 9.5 minutes longer that UF....that means the defensive starters sat out in that Sun longer than expected will probably start gassing out in that same Sun when we play.

- TV crew felt coaching was also a big problem...trying to still run a Tebow offense with Brantley.

I could go on and on but the truth is the Gators have lots of problems. We need to keep Mitchell now as our punt returner and keep our punter's knee off the field to correct our biggest problems. Bonani could kick deep I hope....if not Bring on that walkon.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I know Miami went 1-11, but I'm VERY familiar with the program.

They started 17 freshmen and sophomores last fall. They could win their division in the MAC this year.

To say a .500 FCS school is even close is stupid.

Look at what other MAC schools did to better I-AA schools this past weekend.

Florida will be ready Saturday, but I feel MUCH better about our chances after they looked like **** Saturday.

We weren't blinding them.

I guess you can call me stupid then.  Oh, please lump Jeff Sagarin in that too, as the end of last season he ranked SB less than 10 spots higher than Miami/Ohio.   Just going off of that ranking system, unless you have something even more analytical.  Or we could just go with your "I am very familiar with that program" theory....  

I have one. You are comparing a 2009 team to a 2010 team. Teams can change drastically year to year

Really, thanks for the news flash.

Do you have a better source for up to date rankings for teams above 100?   Doubt it.

So I am going with how they finished as yes, teams may go up or down from a year to year basis, but I seriously doubt Miami/Ohio is now top 100.  And neither is SB.  

They are similar teams with similar talent and neither are going to be improved that much over last year.  

LOL at calling me stupid, and then you jumping in to defend him....   I needed a laugh today, so thanks.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I certainly have a fear of the gators going into F-U mode this week and coming out of the gate like a house on fire.  The one thing about last weeks game is the Florida offense only has one way to go and that's up.  We need to come out get the ball first and score and hope we can get some doubt going in their heads.  If they jump out on us early this thing could get ugly. 

• Content Count:  5,241

I think if we can stop the run and hit em in the mouth early, we will be victorious.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Saw on a message board that they supposedly posted copies in the UF lockeroom of that billboard where it said "welcome to the big 4" from last season when we beat FSU.

Not sure if that is true or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Don't think it will make much of a difference.

• Content Count:  115

I can promise you that those coaches have ripped into the players and that they will be a little more motivated for this game. On the other hand though, once everything unraveled last week, I couldn't see one offensive Gator player that looked like he had confidence. It all depends on how our team bounces back. They either are pissed off and play great. Or are still unsure of themselves and play probably like last week. The Gator has to have a good offensive drive to start off for us to play well.

Hines looked comfortable to me.  Once they get him in the H-back role more...he'll be a big producer.

Archived