• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wish Florida had a big game last week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Gator performance this past saturday may hurt us more than help us.  You know they found a lot of the kinks in the game and are working hard correcting.  Plus, they will be out for blood Saturday with wanting to run up on us to show they are as good as they once were.

I also feel a little better after seeing our play in a real game.  Concerned with our run stop ability, and lack of getting into the backfield on defense.  Hope we were deliberately not showing blitz packages, because if we cannot penetrate on SB, we are screwed at Florida.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not sure.

On one hand, one might think that since they played poorly, they will step it up this week and do a better job coming after us.

On the other hand, maybe they are not that good and that was the best they had to offer.  Maybe Tebow was the critical part and they faltered without him. 

I want to believe that it exposed them a bit, and they have weaknesses.  MIami Ohio is only slightly better than the team we played, and we are significantly better than MO is.  So it will be very interesting come this Saturday.  You know our team will be ready to play.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

You never know, they could have another off week.  It will be a big game so I think everyone will be up for it.  This is where we will see just how good our coaching is. 

They are beatable and have some weak links in their fence. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I know Miami went 1-11, but I'm VERY familiar with the program.

They started 17 freshmen and sophomores last fall. They could win their division in the MAC this year.

To say a .500 FCS school is even close is stupid.

Look at what other MAC schools did to better I-AA schools this past weekend.

Florida will be ready Saturday, but I feel MUCH better about our chances after they looked like **** Saturday.

We weren't blinding them.

• Content Count:  9

I can promise you that those coaches have ripped into the players and that they will be a little more motivated for this game. On the other hand though, once everything unraveled last week, I couldn't see one offensive Gator player that looked like he had confidence. It all depends on how our team bounces back. They either are pissed off and play great. Or are still unsure of themselves and play probably like last week. The Gator has to have a good offensive drive to start off for us to play well.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I think the Gator performance this past saturday may hurt us more than help us.  You know they found a lot of the kinks in the game and are working hard correcting.  Plus, they will be out for blood Saturday with wanting to run up on us to show they are as good as they once were.

I also feel a little better after seeing our play in a real game.  Concerned with our run stop ability, and lack of getting into the backfield on defense.  Hope we were deliberately not showing blitz packages, because if we cannot penetrate on SB, we are screwed at Florida.

I hope you're right, but their oline was pretty big. They showed the figures and they had only one starting Off. lineman that was under 300 lbs. Also, I believe they had a bunch of transfers from hofstra, so I don't know how that affected their play as well.

• Content Count:  1,985

I can promise you that those coaches have ripped into the players and that they will be a little more motivated for this game. On the other hand though, once everything unraveled last week, I couldn't see one offensive Gator player that looked like he had confidence. It all depends on how our team bounces back. They either are pissed off and play great. Or are still unsure of themselves and play probably like last week. The Gator has to have a good offensive drive to start off for us to play well.

I was amazed at how stunned UF looked.  Even Meyer was dazed at half.  But, as we know you do not get blown out two games in a row, and though this was a win, I am not sure it felt that way to the team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Read in the paper that they gave up 4 yards rushing on 22 carries.  Don't like the sound of that at all.  This morning's paper said that they practiced yesterday with more intensity. 

The original poster was correct, probably better if they didn't play as poorly as they did.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I know Miami went 1-11, but I'm VERY familiar with the program.

They started 17 freshmen and sophomores last fall. They could win their division in the MAC this year.

To say a .500 FCS school is even close is stupid.

Look at what other MAC schools did to better I-AA schools this past weekend.

Florida will be ready Saturday, but I feel MUCH better about our chances after they looked like **** Saturday.

We weren't blinding them.

I guess you can call me stupid then.  Oh, please lump Jeff Sagarin in that too, as the end of last season he ranked SB less than 10 spots higher than Miami/Ohio.   Just going off of that ranking system, unless you have something even more analytical.  Or we could just go with your "I am very familiar with that program" theory....  

• Content Count:  9

I was amazed at how stunned UF looked.  Even Meyer was dazed at half.  But, as we know you do not get blown out two games in a row, and though this was a win, I am not sure it felt that way to the team.

Yea I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime as a Gator. That was literally as bad as I have ever seen us play. We'll see what happens. College football changes so much from week to week. You can look like the worst team in the country and then play emotional and with your hair on fire and look like the best team or vice versa. All I know is that unless we execute, no amount of intensity is going to correct the offensive problems we had.

Archived