• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disappointed with Recruiting so far

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

ok lets not misunderstand each other, Weatherford is not his brothers lets wait and see how his senior year goes before you proclaim him "not the answer"

How about.... I've seen him play in multiple formats. Live high school games as well as 7/7 competitions.

His senior year will go fine. See what he does against Jefferson... That will be interesting. There isn't a whole hell of a lot of good teams in pasco.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It doesn't seem like our best recruit so far is disappointed. He might be though if he reads this thread.  :(

47265_1258090192697_1842927532_494176_1145708_n.jpg

Max Austin Lang

With the recruiting class we have coming in and the players we have on the field now. With the awesome coaching staff here and the amazing facilities.. USF will be the next big time college football program!

Sunday at 10:17pm

• Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

You know what is crazy? Holtz hired these other coaches right? Coaches that have had and been on Teams with D1 National Championship talent. For Example, Vernon Hargreaves coached the Linebackers at the U and Mark Snyder also coached a national championship team at Ohio state. You also have Peter Vass who coached the QB's at Notre Dame. Steve Shankweiler has coached two all american O-linemen. Yet there are people who question their ability to evaluate and recruit the right players. These coaches have decades and decades of experience behind all sorts of successful coaches and yet people on this board question whether they know what they're doing by offering guys that the recruiting services such as rivals and scout haven't exactly been salivating over. I would think and this might be a reach for some, that the coaches at USF have a lot more information than the recruiting services have. They also have a lot more experience evaluating what kind of talent they need and want on their team. Just because we aren't getting the Ja'Juan Story's or the James Wilder's does NOT mean the coaches haven't seen someone with the same kind of work ethic and talent somewhere else. Lets let the coaches coach/evaluate/recruit and let the fans watch. Until NSD comes in Feb. we have no reason to panic/pout. This isn't ucf, we're not recruiting just anybody, nor is the head coach a buffoon. Our Head Coach is a mixture of all of the great coaches he's been under.....Call me crazy but I am not worried.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You know what is crazy? Holtz hired these other coaches right? Coaches that have had and been on Teams with D1 National Championship talent. For Example, Vernon Hargreaves coached the Linebackers at the U and Mark Snyder also coached a national championship team at Ohio state. You also have Peter Vass who coached the QB's at Notre Dame. Steve Shankweiler has coached two all american O-linemen. Yet there are people who question their ability to evaluate and recruit the right players. These coaches have decades and decades of experience behind all sorts of successful coaches and yet people on this board question whether they know what they're doing by offering guys that the recruiting services such as rivals and scout haven't exactly been salivating over. I would think and this might be a reach for some, that the coaches at USF have a lot more information than the recruiting services have. They also have a lot more experience evaluating what kind of talent they need and want on their team. Just because we aren't getting the Ja'Juan Story's or the James Wilder's does NOT mean the coaches haven't seen someone with the same kind of work ethic and talent somewhere else. Lets let the coaches coach/evaluate/recruit and let the fans watch. Until NSD comes in Feb. we have no reason to panic/pout. This isn't ucf, we're not recruiting just anybody, nor is the head coach a buffoon. Our Head Coach is a mixture of all of the great coaches he's been under.....Call me crazy but I am not worried.

GO BULLS!!!

Nice post.

For example, some of the recent OL verbals have said they are very excited about playing for Shankweiler. That's why I was surprised when Posada chose to play at Michigan. I like Frey, but he hasn't had anywhere near the success as Shankweler getting players into the NFL. Posada seems to think that just because Michigan had previous success doing that for OL he has a better chance there.  ::) 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

GO BULLS!!!

Nice post.

For example, some of the recent OL verbals have said they are very excited about playing for Shankweiler. That's why I was surprised when Posada chose to play at Michigan. I like Frey, but he hasn't had anywhere near the success as Shankweler getting players into the NFL. Posada seems to think that just because Michigan had previous success doing that for OL he has a better chance there.  ::) 

Posada is a turd.

Lang is probably our top recruit thus far... he and edsel caprice

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

GO BULLS!!!

Nice post.

Posada is a turd.

Lang is probably our top recruit thus far... he and edsel caprice

Hatter for Chrissakes grow up. Calling a talented young prospect a "turd" just because he didn't sign with the Bulls? In what world does every recruit want to play at USF? If other prospects are looking at this thread, I apologize for this ridiculous poster. Most here don't resort to name calling and this kind of behavior.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Posada is a turd.

Unnecessary comment, Hatter. I wish Posada the best of luck wherever he winds up, whether it's the freezing tundra of Ann Arbor or elsewhere.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Thus far I think were at where i expected us to be in the recruiting game. You have to take into consideration that no one in this area really knows who is Skip Holtz, what time of Offense or Defense he uses. We can say all we want that we want to run a pro style offense with a little bit of a spread offense sprinkled in but no prospects or their high school coaches have seen this yet. Let the prospects start to see how Coach Skip runs his team and what kind of schemes he runs to let the players visualize themselves carrying a specific role. You can't blindly commit to something you haven't seen or know anything about. It literally is a Holtz new era and a lot of things changed. Next year we will see the fruits of our coaching staffs labor come to fruition. Plus we have a ton of young talent already on this team so we don't have a ton of pressing issues in my opinion. Would like some more offensive play makers at WR, a more established Pro Style QB, some D-Line help would be great too.

Just remember you can't expect Coach Holtz to come in and establish himself in the state of Florida when we have other programs that have established coaching staffs in place for years. Holtz can sell a blind man reading glasses and he will soon sell himself to the state. Just have some patience.

Archived