• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cole Stoudt- QB, Dublin Coffman, OH

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Scout ranks Stoudt 5 places behind Brissett at No. 27 in the country, more than 90 QB's ahead of either Weatherford or Floyd. I guess the wide disparity between Rivals and Scout is a point of discussion. I can't imagine that if this kid is interested in USF, we wouldn't jump through some hoops to get him on board. Watching  his video, he looks like a real pro prospect passer. I was just incredulous that someone would think he is "farther down the board" than what we have committed right now. There will many twists in the road between now and NSD. I really don't think we want to  start dismissing bonafide prospects who have an interest in USF at this early date. I for one, would encourage this young man to think about an opportunity at USF.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

our current QB commits are not the answer

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

just throwing out a question, could any of them play another position? Just wondering

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Scout ranks Stoudt 5 places behind Brissett at No. 27 in the country, more than 90 QB's ahead of either Weatherford or Floyd. I guess the wide disparity between Rivals and Scout is a point of discussion. I can't imagine that if this kid is interested in USF, we wouldn't jump through some hoops to get him on board. Watching  his video, he looks like a real pro prospect passer. I was just incredulous that someone would think he is "farther down the board" than what we have committed right now. There will many twists in the road between now and NSD. I really don't think we want to  start dismissing bonafide prospects who have an interest in USF at this early date. I for one, would encourage this young man to think about an opportunity at USF.

Well, ESPN ranks Weatherford 14 QB spots ahead of Stoudt. Floyd is just a few spots behind Stoudt. They have Brissett ranked much better than all of them.

77 Cole Stoudt, #58 HT 6'3" WT 195lbs HS Dublin Coffman (OH)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/player?id=101264&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fplayer%3fid%3d101264

77 Stephen Weatherford, QB #44  HT 6'2"WT 200lbs. HS Land O. Lakes H.S. (FL)

76 Matt Floyd, QB #61 HT 6'1"WT 185lbs. HS Milton H.S. (FL)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/school?id=58&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcollege-football%2frecruiting%2fschool%3fid%3d58

79 Jacoby Brissett QB #26 6'4 220lbs Dwyer HS Palm Beach Gdns, FL

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/player?id=101236&_slug_=jacoby-brissett&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2fplayer%3fid%3d101236%26_slug_%3djacoby-brissett

Watching his video, I think this young man is ready to perform at the 1-A level. I'm not casting any negatives at the guys who have already committed, I just think that it's really silly to eliminate prospects who have an interest in USF at this point in the process. The ranking systems obviously are flawed, as demonstrated by the disparity between them. What matters is what the coaches think of him. We aren't gonna hear anything about that so everything else is just conjecture. I just thought it was ridiculous to say their is no way we would sign this player, based on currently available information. Unfortunately this web site has individuals who consider themselves sages on the subject of who might become one of our committed prospects. Oh and the rankings are obviously dated as well, Cole is listed as 6'5" in his latest season measurements. ESPN still has him at 6'3" and Rivals lists him at 6'4". Frankly I am dismayed that some here seem more intent on tearing down recruits that promoting their interest in USF. Here is a website from Colorado which takes a slightly different tack towards recruiting. It's comments are simple but supportive. Man, I would love to hear more of that here.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/48022-11-OH-QB-Cole-Stoudt

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bring all comers. The more competition BJ has the better he HAS to get.

I really think that is why Matt's development flat lined. He NEVER had to look over his shoulder. 3 INTs? Get back in there.

That's not how you improve your Qb play.

So the more and better recruits we can bring in the better it is for our future.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Frankly, I'm more concered with people on here who "tear down" our verbals. Those are the players who will be here and who are more likely to read these boards.

Haven't been trying to "tear down" anyone. Sure hope our verbals wouldn't read it as that. All I'm interested in is having the best competitive team that we can have on the field. I hope some quality competition would make all of our prospects better, whether they be early or later commitments. I like the idea of having an open process up until NSD so that we are well able to take advantage of quality prospects who might wait until later to make their decision, for whatever reason. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the intent of young athletes who commit early to the University. I think we should keep an open mind relative to all the young men who have a sincere interest in USF as a potential destination.

We already have 2 QB's in this class.  The only other QB we would take in this class woulld be Jacoby Brissett.

I guess that why USF was calling Josh Grady this afternoon a QB prospect from Seffner, FL. Hmm

Tweeted by CDowlar

Seffner (Fla.) Armwood quarterback Joshua Grady received calls from #USF and Wake Forest among others.

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

We already have 2 QB's in this class.  The only other QB we would take in this class woulld be Jacoby Brissett.

I guess that why USF was calling Josh Grady this afternoon a QB prospect from Seffner, FL. Hmm

Tweeted by CDowlar

Seffner (Fla.) Armwood quarterback Joshua Grady received calls from #USF and Wake Forest among others.

Grady will not play QB in college. USF is recruiting him as a Safety. He even talked to Nate Allen about making the transition from HS QB to college safety.  Obviously, for Nate it couldn't have worked out any better.

Grady is a real key to this class.

Archived