• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Dream Sports Writing Position... You Decide...

The Sheriff

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Best of luck to Greg. A new beat writer will step in and do just as good. USF has a whole different view of media then they did before and it took a real jerk like McMurphy to mess it up - for himself.  He helped pave Greg's way with his nastiness...USF gladly worked with Greg to get out a message counter to McMurphy's attacks. That's my opinion. 

The real problem is that beat writers are in trouble.  University SIDs are learning to distribut information without the traditional media (and all that comes with it, i.e McMurphy's intanglement with and manipulation of athletes.  Schools will do just fine with their ramped up official sites, Twitter, Facebook, etc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

i dont really understand the hate.

Greg produces a ******** of info to us, the fans.  he does a great job.

i havent seen an ounce of gator bjing in his blog

• Content Count:  236

the day one of you won't take a promotion you let me know. 

Greg deserves whatever he gets, he has worked hard and is OUTSTANDING at what he does.  you can say that we could get another beat writer at the SPT but then it will be just like the Tribune and I for one, would not read it.  I get my news from greg's blog and here mostly, with other national four letter outlets also included.  The SPT would be hard pressed to find someone that is as professional, unbiased and thorough to cover a 'home town' blog.  it is very nice to have an impartial party write about your school, I don't know if a USF grad could be as impartial and level headed. 

• Content Count:  477

Sherif, you're way off base.  Like everyone else, Greg is entitled to pursue other options. Maybe they won't pan out; maybe he'll get an offer but decide to stay. And none of us know what his situation is with the SPT.  I'm with almost all of you in praising and appreciaitng the work he's done here; I doubt SPT could replace him with someone who would be able to do as well, and I'm hoping we don't have to find out.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I find it amusingly ironic that someone that moved all the way to Arizona would bag on a guy that is looking at possibly better opportunities for himself and his family.

Just imagine for a moment that if a local sports radio talk show host was a USF grad.  Don't think for one moment that that person wouldn't jump on the chance to do local sports radio in a larger market or even a national show.

It's short-sighted to expect otherwise.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Apis... moved to Arizona after graduating to get away from a girl in Florida and I knew Brad and my two college roommate were out here already (making the move a lot easier when trying to step into the employment world and getting on my feet). I named my company USF Appraisals, LLC. Does that sound like someone that was cutting off their affiliation to USF? If it makes you feel better, working on relocating to Tampa now that the girl has moved to Pennslyvania.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That must be some story to have to move across the country for.  Tampa is a pretty big place, easy enough to avoid people normally.

Archived