• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gayturd Pubs and Hangouts...

Guest Scherdin

I always enjoyed the following:

Start at The Swamp...decent HH and scenery

Then go to Grog House...not the best, but I always had fun there

Balls was under the Grog, so we'd stop there

And then see if we could find some random kegger

These are mostly big student hang outs since they are right across the street...so some kids can get a little "annoying".  If you are looking for a more "mature" crowd, dt Gainesville has some decent places and there is always Gainesville Ale House off Archer for those wanting to stay closer to the hotels that way

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Let's take over Market Street Pub in Gainesville Friday Sep, 10 2010, 8pm-til????

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=marketstreet+pub+gainesville&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CPPcMFANsTNTGB6DGywSzzvH-CQAAAKoEBU_Q3vGw&pbx=1&fp=8631cdd35a4d476d

http://www.afn.org/~afn29467/MSP/mspfrontpage.html

Let's do it I will be there great atmosphere and if gathered in numbers could be ours for the taking, great beer selection drinks etc.... Good mix of people too.

English styled pub, good beers on tap, on the strip, I'm there... anyone else interested in grabbing a pint or five and raising some hell  ???

What time did you want to kick off this shin dig... figure we could hammer out the details and then I can edit the title of this thread.

Anyone else planning something  ???

This is a great place to kick things off  English style pub tons of beer on tap, pool table, darts, good tunes then at around 9 they open the other side of the bar and the place doubles in size and the bar then wraps around for a mile. I was thinking we settle in 7 or 8 to set up shop and then flood the place by 9pm. Decent food too. Fish and chips ehh?

Count me in...  ;D

We should probably make a thread in the main forum about this...

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Let's take over Market Street Pub in Gainesville Friday Sep, 10 2010, 8pm-til????

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=marketstreet+pub+gainesville&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CPPcMFANsTNTGB6DGywSzzvH-CQAAAKoEBU_Q3vGw&pbx=1&fp=8631cdd35a4d476d

Let's do it I will be there great atmosphere and if gathered in numbers could be ours for the taking, great beer selection drinks etc.... Good mix of people too.

English styled pub, good beers on tap, on the strip, I'm there... anyone else interested in grabbing a pint or five and raising some hell  ???

What time did you want to kick off this shin dig... figure we could hammer out the details and then I can edit the title of this thread.

This is a great place to kick things off  English style pub tons of beer on tap, pool table, darts, good tunes then at around 9 they open the other side of the bar and the place doubles in size and the bar then wraps around for a mile. I was thinking we settle in 7 or 8 to set up shop and then flood the place by 9pm. Decent food too. Fish and chips ehh?

Count me in...  ;D

Sounds good to me I will be there whatever the turn out is.

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Count me in...  ;D

Sounds good to me I will be there whatever the turn out is.

Sounds perfect.  I'll be there with 3 others.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

We will be somewhere for sure, and this place sounds like a place to start

I agree this will be the starting point, at least for my mayhem... there are also a number of other pubs / bars around the Market Street Pub so this might be prime for a pub crawl...  ::)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pubs&sll=29.652024,-82.326801&sspn=0.007702,0.013797&ie=UTF8&hq=pubs&hnear=&ll=29.652069,-82.326801&spn=0.007627,0.013797&t=h&z=16

* Market Street Pub (English)

* Durty Nelley's Irish Pub

* Stubby and Steins Pub

* Brophy's Irish Pub

* Rue Pub (Cajun??)

* Mars Pub & Lazer Tag <<<-- Sounds like a fun place to go after a few pitchers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I agree this will be the starting point, at least for my mayhem... there are also a number of other pubs / bars around the Market Street Pub so this might be prime for a pub crawl...  ::)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pubs&sll=29.652024,-82.326801&sspn=0.007702,0.013797&ie=UTF8&hq=pubs&hnear=&ll=29.652069,-82.326801&spn=0.007627,0.013797&t=h&z=16

* Stubby and Steins Pub

* Brophy's Irish Pub

* Rue Pub (Cajun??)

Ok... maybe I will drive up Friday night afterall... just crash on the nephews floor(he's at Santa Fe CC)

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

* Stubby and Steins Pub

* Brophy's Irish Pub

* Rue Pub (Cajun??)

Ok... maybe I will drive up Friday night afterall... just crash on the nephews floor(he's at Santa Fe CC)

Good idea and plenty of parking right next to market street parking garage then just walk or crawl to jump to the other pubs.

:cheers Gonna be one hell of a night  :cheers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Count me in...  ;D

Me and the new son-in-law will be there.  Of course I haven't checked with him but pretty sure this is his kind of place - lots of beers on tap.

Archived