• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gayturd Pubs and Hangouts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

With the game coming at us full speed ahead I figured a list of Gayturds dives and hangouts would be appropriate, since I don't know any feel free to add on to this thread.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

grog house is real durty

• Content Count:  1,479

The Swamp just down the street from the stadium is supposed to be popular. I went to a place right behind it that I sat outside that was pretty good, decent amount of food, pretty cheap. 

• Content Count:  2,558

the hooters is nice, I have a friend that works there so will probably be visiting her

• Content Count:  58

Closest thing to a real bar by the stadium is Salty Dog.  Its got plenty on tap, full liquor, good prices & decent food. Gator City/XS is (size wise) the big bar in midtown, but everything will be packed on game days.  Grog house is a f'n sweat box with bad service & bouncers that love nothing more than to throw people down the stairs.

• Content Count:  639

for those not well traveled enough to compare, Tally is a lot more fun than Gainesville since I know a lot of you went last year. Gator City and Swamp are more gameday bars. At night there is a strip in Downtown Gainesville by The Bank Lounge. I've partied there a few times and it just really has an overly pretentious vibe for a college town, a bit different from Tally which is just a wild/fun town. Others might have a different opinion but just my take from my experience there.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  809

for those not well traveled enough to compare, Tally is a lot more fun than Gainesville since I know a lot of you went last year. Gator City and Swamp are more gameday bars. At night there is a strip in Downtown Gainesville by The Bank Lounge. I've partied there a few times and it just really has an overly pretentious vibe for a college town, a bit different from Tally which is just a wild/fun town. Others might have a different opinion but just my take from my experience there.

+1

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Let's take over Market Street Pub in Gainesville Friday Sep, 10 2010, 8pm-til????

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=marketstreet+pub+gainesville&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CPPcMFANsTNTGB6DGywSzzvH-CQAAAKoEBU_Q3vGw&pbx=1&fp=8631cdd35a4d476d

http://www.afn.org/~afn29467/MSP/mspfrontpage.html

Let's do it I will be there great atmosphere and if gathered in numbers could be ours for the taking, great beer selection drinks etc.... Good mix of people too.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Let's take over Market Street Pub in Gainesville Friday Sep, 10 2010, 8pm-til????

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=marketstreet+pub+gainesville&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CPPcMFANsTNTGB6DGywSzzvH-CQAAAKoEBU_Q3vGw&pbx=1&fp=8631cdd35a4d476d

Let's do it I will be there great atmosphere and if gathered in numbers could be ours for the taking, great beer selection drinks etc.... Good mix of people too.

English styled pub, good beers on tap, on the strip, I'm there... anyone else interested in grabbing a pint or five and raising some hell  ???

What time did you want to kick off this shin dig... figure we could hammer out the details and then I can edit the title of this thread.

Anyone else planning something  ???

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

English styled pub, good beers on tap, on the strip, I'm there... anyone else interested in grabbing a pint or five and raising some hell  ???

What time did you want to kick off this shin dig... figure we could hammer out the details and then I can edit the title of this thread.

Anyone else planning something  ???

This is a great place to kick things off  English style pub tons of beer on tap, pool table, darts, good tunes then at around 9 they open the other side of the bar and the place doubles in size and the bar then wraps around for a mile. I was thinking we settle in 7 or 8 to set up shop and then flood the place by 9pm. Decent food too. Fish and chips ehh?

Archived