• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could it be?.........COULD IT BE?!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

A friend of mines son plays on this team and he shaved the iconin Bull into his head :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642

who mentioned kids' size?  that "kid" is like 6' tall.  look at him next to BJ.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Yes, but is BJ really 6'1"?  Not his listed height, but his actual for REAL height.  I would guess not.

• Content Count:  4,642

Yes, but is BJ really 6'1"?  Not his listed height, but his actual for REAL height.  I would guess not.

I was trying to make the point that the kid is big, not a typical smaller kid's size.

• Content Count:  4,016

How is it the pop warner team has better helmets than the university they are immitating?

That's not Pop Warner, that's Pasco Police Athletic League.

after seeing that helmet i like the gold helmet with black U even more

i agree

So do I.  I saw the versions the University had tried with different Iconic U colors deep green, and our normal green.  Neither turned out as deep or rich looking which is why the color is the way it is.

The bigger irony for all these goofy fashioniestas on this site is that I was explained a while back that our Iconic U is actually Charleston Green, and not 'black' as people try to portray.  You may find little differentiation but never tell that to a Peninsula dweller.

Guest Sunburned

So do I.  I saw the versions the University had tried with different Iconic U colors deep green, and our normal green.  Neither turned out as deep or rich looking which is why the color is the way it is.

Baylor hasn't had a problem using green on their gold helmets.

hdr-blog-bearcountry-banner.jpg

Baylor hasn't had a problem using green on their gold helmets.

hdr-blog-bearcountry-banner.jpg

Yeah with a white outlining of the lettering, and they use a lighter shade of gold.  USF uses more of a Notre Dame, Navy type deep gold, and we are not using white outlining around the Iconic U, which is also much smaller than the BU on Baylor's helmets.

Can we really stop with these apples to oranges concepts.  If you want to lower the color intensity of our gold, outline the iconic U with white (which I have also seen and it looks hideous), and jack up the size of the  Iconic U...then maybe it would work.  But then you would alter the color scheme and design of USF football even more.  USF actually likes working black (Charleston Green) into their coordination.  It's a good color for future use and for apparel wear.

• Content Count:  1,985

Who has a white face mask?

White Helmet.. not mask..

• Content Count:  3,827

USF uses more of a Notre Dame, Navy type deep gold

Everywhere else, correct.

On the helmets: wrong, wrong, wrong....1000 times WRONG.

Can we really stop with these apples to oranges concepts.

They are only apples to oranges because EVERYone else are apples, and we are the orange, singular.

(well, us and Colorado.)

If you want to lower the color intensity of our gold, outline the iconic U with white (which I have also seen and it looks hideous), and jack up the size of the  Iconic U...then maybe it would work.  But then you would alter the color scheme and design of USF football even more.  USF actually likes working black (Charleston Green) into their coordination.  It's a good color for future use and for apparel wear.

How bout we just make it......*lightbulb*......I dunno, accurate?!  Let's make them look like they're supposed to first, then we can debate what sucks and what doesn't.

That's always been my point.

Archived