• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going Internet Only?

NCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm considering going internet-only at my house...no cable TV.  Half the Bulls games last season I ended up watching online via my PS3 anyway.  I didn't have ESPN360 last year but if I can get it this year (now ESPN3 now, I know), will that cover me as well as cable for the Bulls games?  I'll miss the HD, but I don't really watch much TV and I'll save a few thousand a year by just using internet.  Will this be lame?....anyone else doing this?

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I'm considering going internet-only at my house...no cable TV.  Half the Bulls games last season I ended up watching online via my PS3 anyway.  I didn't have ESPN360 last year but if I can get it this year (now ESPN3 now, I know), will that cover me as well as cable for the Bulls games?  I'll miss the HD, but I don't really watch much TV and I'll save a few thousand a year by just using internet.  Will this be lame?....anyone else doing this?

I've thought about it and I did nix the home phone when I moved last year. That hasn't been an issue at all. If you don't watch much tv, you can pretty much watch everything online now, so not a bad idea.

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

If you don't mind watching a program a day or so after it airs, then you can view the programs for free on the network websites.

If you don't mind watching a program a day or so after it airs, then you can view the programs for free on the network websites.

or just set up a hulu account and then it will tell you when the shows you watch are available (if hulu gets it)

Thanks for the responses...hulu and network sites are great ideas, and we'll probably just pay for NetFlix at $8 a month or whatever.  It's the sports angle I'm worried about, though...giving up network and ESPN may mean I miss some games.

Thanks for the responses...hulu and network sites are great ideas, and we'll probably just pay for NetFlix at $8 a month or whatever.  It's the sports angle I'm worried about, though...giving up network and ESPN may mean I miss some games.

depending on your internet provider, you may get some of the games online. Also, a lot of times you can find someone streaming a game.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Missing sports is the ONLY reason i haven't gone Internet only

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My house is already internet only. I haven't missed a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Channel Surfing is great for sports if your missing the correct cable package...

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

It also has other shows....

Channel Surfing is great for sports if your missing the correct cable package...

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

It also has other shows....

Thanks; I've used this even now when I already have cable!  Between UStream and channelsurfing.net, that's what gave me the idea to go internet only...I don't really watch much TV other than sports anyway (and as others said above, you can catch a lot of TV on internet anyway).  I think I'll give it a try if I can find a provider who carries ESPN3. But I'll miss the HD..... :'(

Archived