• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New soccer stadium may be added this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

How many seats are in the current grand stand?

Found it: 4,000 now, to 1,000. Why the reduction?

It makes no sense. They have averaged over 1,000 a game for the last few years.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

Is USF talking to the Rowdies?  They were ready to pony up money for a stadium but it fell through because the neighborhood did not want it.  Why not build a nice 8,000 seater - maybe 6,500 seats and 1,500 on a berm?  They could split the costs of building a stadium and split the revenues from parking and concessions.  This has to be a win-win.  What am I missing?

• Content Count:  8,174

Is USF talking to the Rowdies?  They were ready to pony up money for a stadium but it fell through because the neighborhood did not want it.  Why not build a nice 8,000 seater - maybe 6,500 seats and 1,500 on a berm?  They could split the costs of building a stadium and split the revenues from parking and concessions.  This has to be a win-win.  What am I missing?

that would be a genius idea.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Especially considering we have similar colors.

Different possibilities would be available... such as double headers (USF game followed by Rowdies)

• Content Count:  809

I'd assume there's gonna be berm seating for extra fans.

Anyone know if it's gonna be the stadium that we saw drawings of a while back? With the overhang shell over the grandstand.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I was kinda wondering the same thing.  I know FC Tampa Bay was trying to get a stadium built in NW Hillsborough Cty., but that fell thru.  The deal at Steinbrenner Field cannot be permanent, as it's not conducive to a soccer pitch, with the dirt infield and awkward seating arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  30

This is great news, the soccer program deserves this more than anyone.

• Content Count:  693

Speaking of LAX, I'm pretty sure USF already has men's and women's LAX teams. I think they are considered a "club" though so they probably don't impact our Athletics budget. They still play other colleges and travel for tournaments though.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Great Idea! USF should seek out this type of a deal... however 6,500 is a bit much considering the USF Soccer teams only attract on average 1,500 or less. By comparison the UF Soccer stadium holds a maximum capacity of 4,500.

http://www.gatorzone.com/facilities/

Also the Basketball area looks Sun Dome'ish... it appears to have been constructed in the same era by possibly the same contractor. Maybe it can be renovated.

• Content Count:  7,796

Speaking of LAX, I'm pretty sure USF already has men's and women's LAX teams. I think they are considered a "club" though so they probably don't impact our Athletics budget. They still play other colleges and travel for tournaments though.

Yes, there is a mens and womens lacrosse CLUB team.  They are unaffiliated with the Athletic department. They play other college club teams and receive a small budget thru Student Government, the rest is fundraising and out of pocket.

Archived