• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Univ. of Houston Planning Major Athletics Project - w/ new football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Renu Khator, Houstons President, spent over 20 years at USF before heading to Houston.... I wonder why she never tried to get us a stadium, and if she did try, did Judy shoot her down???

How many Deans of the College of Arts and Sciences or Provost's are involved with athletic facilities?

I see what you're saying... just figured she'd see the benefits of having an OCS while at USF.... I think at one point she was the senior VP at USF, probably making her Judys right hand

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

It appears that the major stadium structure is steel, so I'd guess it is an erector set at its core.  

How can you tell from that drawing that it's steel rather than concrete???

pjcshomepane1_2_.jpg

Steel or concrete?

yes

can't have concrete w/out some kind of steel in it....just an observation

I cant recall ever hearing  structural (steel reinforced) concrete construction being referred to as steel  construction or structural steel, have you?

;D

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

That photo of Papa John's stadium makes me think that I would like a steeper rise to the seats, ie as you go up in rows, they are higher but closer to the field.

When and if we ever build, I hope we build at 80K and plan for expansion to 100K. -  the SEC would give us the chance to need that capacity before the other options.

Go Bulls!

Guest Sunburned

I see what you're saying... just figured she'd see the benefits of having an OCS while at USF.... I think at one point she was the senior VP at USF, probably making her Judys right hand

She held the position of Provost and Senior Vice President.

Ralph Wilcox succeeded her and became Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and holds the title of Provost and Executive Vice President for the University of South Florida System, and for the University of South Florida Tampa Campus. Imagine that on his business cards!!!  I wouldn't look for him to lobby for an OCS or other athletic facilities.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061010aaf.html

I can't tell from the pics it is a frying pan like UCiF, but it looks like parts of it are concrete...

the big question is chain link or no chain link. 

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061010aaf.html

I can't tell from the pics it is a frying pan like UCiF, but it looks like parts of it are concrete...

the big question is chain link or no chain link. 

water fountains or no water fountains?  ;D

Guest Sunburned

That photo of Papa John's stadium makes me think that I would like a steeper rise to the seats, ie as you go up in rows, they are higher but closer to the field. Go Bulls!

Do the geometry, it might surprise you. 

BTW, the sight lines at Papa John's are quite good.

• Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

I was in the pressbox and a few luxury boxes of PJCS last month.  It definitely doesn't have the 'erector set' feel that UCF's stadium has.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Nice solid steel and concrete stadium. Nothing like UCF. Great place to watch football. They're taking it to 60K, but it could easily be expanded to 80 if necessary. If we have to have an OCS, PJCS is the one I want to copy.

Guest Sunburned

Nice solid steel and concrete stadium. Nothing like UCF. Great place to watch football. They're taking it to 60K, but it could easily be expanded to 80 if necessary. If we have to have an OCS, PJCS is the one I want to copy.

Cardinal Stadium is nice, but I'd rather copy this one.

http://stadium.gophersports.com/

Be sure to take the virtual tour.....

Archived