• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Univ. of Houston Planning Major Athletics Project - w/ new football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061010aaf.html

I can't tell from the pics it is a frying pan like UCiF, but it looks like parts of it are concrete...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

It appears that the major stadium structure is steel, so I'd guess it is an erector set at its core.  They are clearly trying to enhance that more than UCF did.  Houston wants to expand their capacity because they want to try to get into one of these reshuffled BCS conferences.  They're in a great market, though one that is dominated by the other Texas schools.  But that's not much different from Tampa either with UF, FSU, and Miami.

• Content Count:  771

It appears that the major stadium structure is steel, so I'd guess it is an erector set at its core.  They are clearly trying to enhance that more than UCF did.  Houston wants to expand their capacity because they want to try to get into one of these reshuffled BCS conferences.  They're in a great market, though one that is dominated by the other Texas schools.  But that's not much different from Tampa either with UF, FSU, and Miami.

They are estimating costs would be at 120 mil which is almost 60-70mil more than what ucf spent.  I don't see too many fsu and miami fans around anymore.  I think a lot of them jumped off the band wagon when usf started playing in the big east.  You figure there were a lot of usf grads that cheered for miami and fsu back in the day, because there was no football at usf.

Guest Sunburned

It appears that the major stadium structure is steel, so I'd guess it is an erector set at its core.  

How can you tell from that drawing that it's steel rather than concrete???

pjcshomepane1_2_.jpg

Steel or concrete?

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

It appears that the major stadium structure is steel, so I'd guess it is an erector set at its core.  

pjcshomepane1_2_.jpg

Steel or concrete?

yes

• Content Count:  684

Renu Khator, Houstons President, spent over 20 years at USF before heading to Houston.... I wonder why she never tried to get us a stadium, and if she did try, did Judy shoot her down???

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

pjcshomepane1_2_.jpg

Steel or concrete?

yes

can't have concrete w/out some kind of steel in it....just an observation

Guest Sunburned

Renu Khator, Houstons President, spent over 20 years at USF before heading to Houston.... I wonder why she never tried to get us a stadium, and if she did try, did Judy shoot her down???

How many Deans of the College of Arts and Sciences or Provost's are involved with athletic facilities?

Guest Sunburned

pjcshomepane1_2_.jpg

Steel or concrete?

yes

can't have concrete w/out some kind of steel in it....just an observation

I cant recall ever hearing  structural (steel reinforced) concrete construction being referred to as steel  construction or structural steel, have you?

Archived