• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Newsletter states...UCF to Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I think that the Big10 has already behind the scenes told the Big East who they are taking and the Big East behind the scenes in an effort to stay alive has already contacted the CUSA teams it is going to take.

I think this is real.

Look at the bright side... we should be in the ACC and UCiF will still be ridding on our coat tails.

I hope you're right.  Being in a watered down BE would be a DISASTER!

Didn't USF water down the BE back in '05.  What have the Bulls done that makes the BE better than it was before we got here?

you have to put your green and gold glasses back on.  ;D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think that the Big10 has already behind the scenes told the Big East who they are taking and the Big East behind the scenes in an effort to stay alive has already contacted the CUSA teams it is going to take.

I think this is real.

Look at the bright side... we should be in the ACC and UCiF will still be ridding on our coat tails.

I'm 99.9% sure of my prediction...

We are ACC bound & UCiF, Memphis, Southern Miss, ECU, and maybe Tulane are BEast bound... the real question is who will the SEC take from the ACC?

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

This is all happening allegedly because everyone wants a playoff.  Ok state is the next to fall.  The BCS will be no more.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/10/oklahoma-state-pacific-10-ncaa-conferences-football-big-12/

• Content Count:  849

I think this is real.

Didn't USF water down the BE back in '05.  What have the Bulls done that makes the BE better than it was before we got here?

we've been pretty competitive out of conference, is pretty much the only thing we've done...beating Auburn, Kansas and FSU over the last 3 years has to count for something....UCF has only beaten 2 teams ever from a BCS conference: a woefully bad Alabama team when they had Culpepper and edging NC State

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think this is real.

We are ACC bound & UCiF, Memphis, Southern Miss, ECU, and maybe Tulane are BEast bound... the real question is who will the SEC take from the ACC?

Georgia Tech, Va Tech, FSU, and North Carolina are all a possibility IMO. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think this is real.

Plus Miami and Clemson.  I don't North Carolina is a possibility.  Tobacco Row would never break up.

I think this is real.

Plus Miami and Clemson.  I don't North Carolina is a possibility.  Tobacco Row would never break up.

didn't everyone think the big 8 would never break up :-\

• Content Count:  1,985

First, USF brought national press through our cinderella story and national rankings to the BE.  More importantly we brokered the deal betweeen the CUSA schools that left for the BE, making us part of the split and having the votes to override the exit clauses saving each schools millions of dollars.

Second, I would thins the SEC would look to UM as a possible, spread their virus down there and get the South Florida fan base and a team they can beat for a little while but not look foolish.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

First, USF brought national press through our cinderella story and national rankings to the BE.  More importantly we brokered the deal betweeen the CUSA schools that left for the BE, making us part of the split and having the votes to override the exit clauses saving each schools millions of dollars.

Second, I would thins the SEC would look to UM as a possible, spread their virus down there and get the South Florida fan base and a team they can beat for a little while but not look foolish.

Miami doesn't fit the SEC mold. 

Miami doesn't fit the SEC mold. 

I think we fit better in the SEC than they would, but I don't see the SEC taking us over miami.  We are still a young program.

Archived