• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Newsletter states...UCF to Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the Big10 has already behind the scenes told the Big East who they are taking and the Big East behind the scenes in an effort to stay alive has already contacted the CUSA teams it is going to take.

I think this is real.

Look at the bright side... we should be in the ACC and UCiF will still be ridding on our coat tails.

I hope you're right.  Being in a watered down BE would be a DISASTER!

I'm 99.9% sure of my prediction...

We are ACC bound & UCiF, Memphis, Southern Miss, ECU, and maybe Tulane are BEast bound... the real question is who will the SEC take from the ACC?

Georgia Tech, Va Tech, FSU, and North Carolina are all a possibility IMO. 

Plus Miami and Clemson.  I don't North Carolina is a possibility.  Tobacco Row would never break up.

Clemson Ga Tech FSU Va Tech.. No UNC. No Miami.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639

I think that the Big10 has already behind the scenes told the Big East who they are taking and the Big East behind the scenes in an effort to stay alive has already contacted the CUSA teams it is going to take.

I think this is real.

Look at the bright side... we should be in the ACC and UCiF will still be ridding on our coat tails.

We are ACC bound & UCiF, Memphis, Southern Miss, ECU, and maybe Tulane are BEast bound... the real question is who will the SEC take from the ACC?

not realistic. Under that scenario why would UCF leave CUSA to be in another non-AQ league b/c that much change to the BE would lose their AQ status. And I don't know how anyone is 99% sure of their 'prediction', University ADs and Presidents are not even sure how this will completely shakeout in the end unless you are ND and Texas which hold all the power.

• Content Count:  86

UCF is a plauge. lets move on already

I think this is real.

not realistic. Under that scenario why would UCF leave CUSA to be in another non-AQ league b/c that much change to the BE would lose their AQ status. And I don't know how anyone is 99% sure of their 'prediction', University ADs and Presidents are not even sure how this will completely shakeout in the end unless you are ND and Texas which hold all the power.

Because there won't be a C-USA any longer.  Most of the western schools (Tulsa, UTEP, SMU, Houston, Memphis) will be swallowed by the remnants of the Big 12 merging with the top teams from the Mountain West.  Would C-USA add Sun Belt teams to remain viable?

(I wouldn't be 99% sure of my prediction, tho).

Truthfully, a lot of dominoes have to fall for USF to get an ACC invitation.  Possible? Sure.  But not a guarantee.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

What's funny about Miami and the SEC. Miami AD Hocutt was on a radio show talking about how great the ACC. And how it fits there program being in the ACC. Then he was asked about them going to the SEC. He said that teams in the SEC don't want to play them now. So why would they want to play us (UM) on a regular bases? I believe that they may have heard that they're not an option for SEC expansion. I truely believe talks have been done. That's why you hear rumors of ucf going to the BE. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think this is real.

I'm 99% sure because unlike Big12 the Big East / Big10 raid will not occur as quick... the Big10 will drag their feet as they wait for ND to take the bait... eventually ND will join the Big10 but they will not be #13... they will be the last addition and will hold out until the bitter end.

Here is my logic:

(1). The big10 will take Mizzou and Nebraska now... then they will add 2 Big East teams (take your pick - Rutgers, Cuse, or UConn), thus leaving a 16th spot open for ND.

(2). The Big East will add 2 more teams to replace the two they lost and right now based on ESPN rumors UCF and Memphis are the top candidates.

(3). The Big10 will then add ND... in a 16 team mega conference / college playoffs world there will be no BCS and no guarantee that ND will make any bowl games much less make the playoffs. ND controls nothing but their own destiny... Texas is the only one with any real power.

(4). Not this year, but next year the SEC will more then likely raid the ACC which will cause the ACC to raid the Big East and other conferences.

Most likely the SEC will take FSU (#13), Clemson (#14), Georgia Tech (#15), and either VT or UNC from the ACC.

Then most likely the ACC will raid the Big East and take what is left of the Big East's current teams USF (#9), WV (#10), LV (#11), UConn (#12) , Cincy (#13)... assuming this pans out the other teams that the ACC will take are even more speculative.

However assuming the Big East keeps their heads up there butts and refuses to kick the basketball teams aside the ACC could in theory take the other remaining Big East football schools on board which would be... UCiF (#14), ECU (#15), and Memphis (#16).

• Content Count:  1,985

I can't imagine that UCF would put that out without some knowledge of what is to come.  Then again, if their fundraising department is run by UCF grads anything is possible....

Archived