• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nebraska Accepts Invite-Texas to the Pac10 (Per ESPN)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We wouldn't be adding anything to the conference.  Florida has just as much of the Tampa market as usf does.  We are still a young program.

Unfortunate, but oh so true. UF probably has more of the Tampa market than USF does. USF is gaining, but the chasm between both programs in Tampa is still great.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

let's just hope we leave a watered down BE

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know how likely this is but I think the Big East should split from the basketball schools and join the Big 12 as the auto-bid will still be intact....that would be 13 teams....they should then add TCU, Houston and ND...lol j/k I know ND wouldn't join.....and a suitable 16th member to make it a power conference....however if they can't find a suitable 16th member, I would just add TCU and go to 14 teams....Again I don't know how likely that scenario is but it would be a solid mix of football schools and basketball schools especially with KU, KSU, BU, UConn, WVU, Pitt, Cuse and UL

God I hope not...

I would rather be in the ACC then in the watered down BEast

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

i understand what your saying when you say it would be a result of merging and not wins and losses. I would also say going from conf-usa to big east isnt that big of a difference...big east to sec is a huge difference. We are far from ready or far from belonging. We would fit much better in the acc. First of all Miami,clemson,virginia tech are all better options for the sec. We should be more worried about changing from big east to acc then even dreaming up a change to the sec.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

i understand what your saying when you say it would be a result of merging and not wins and losses. I would also say going from conf-usa to big east isnt that big of a difference...big east to sec is a huge difference. We are far from ready or far from belonging. We would fit much better in the acc. First of all Miami,clemson,virginia tech are all better options for the sec. We should be more worried about changing from big east to acc then even dreaming up a change to the sec.

If usf started there program 10 years earlier than they did we might be seriously talking about sec now. but they didn't so there is no shot unless everyone turns down the sec except usf.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

With all of these dominoes starting to fall I just love the response from Dan Beebe, Big 12 Commish.

Here's the release from commissioner Dan Beebe:

"The Big 12 Conference has been informed that the University of Colorado has accepted an invitation to join the Pacific-10 Conference. I continue to work through the process that was agreed upon last week by our Board of Directors to address membership issues, and are working tirelessly towards the long-term viability of the Big 12."

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/10/beebe-issues-statement-as-big-12-continues-to-crumble/

So how is that ultimatum working out for ya Dan?!?

He is starting to sound like Baghdad Bob.

bagdad_bob_large.gif

"The Big 12 will be fine. No one is leaving. We are all in unity in this."

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Someone please--with small words--patiently explain to me how expansion is "All about TV markets."  I've read this a hundred times and now have to ask--if it was about TV markets, why the hell is Nebraska getting the invite to the Big 10?!  The Huskers have a huge fan base...maybe the B10 is taking a broad definition of "TV market" here?...cause there are under a million households actually in the Cornhusker state.  Seems this one argument is a tad too simple.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Someone please--with small words--patiently explain to me how expansion is "All about TV markets."  I've read this a hundred times and now have to ask--if it was about TV markets, why the hell is Nebraska getting the invite to the Big 10?!  The Huskers have a huge fan base...maybe the B10 is taking a broad definition of "TV market" here?...cause there are under a million households actually in the Cornhusker state.  Seems this one argument is a tad too simple.

national fanbase with a national following means more TVs tuned into B10 network...

more TVs tuned in to the B10 network means more subscription fees to the B10 network and the B10 can charge higher amounts for advertisements during their programming.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

national fanbase with a national following means more TVs tuned into B10 network...

more TVs tuned in to the B10 network means more subscription fees to the B10 network and the B10 can charge higher amounts for advertisements during their programming.

Those words weren't quite small enough, but I get that, yes--it's the "markets" part of the equation that's my point here.  USF fans tend to feel OK about us staying in an AQ conference because we have a fairly large TV market...yet the B10 proves here that there are TVs--wow--everywhere!  So for a young and still comparatively small fansbase like ours...well, we should be scared as hell that we'll be left out in the cold when all this is over.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Those words weren't quite small enough, but I get that, yes--it's the "markets" part of the equation that's my point here.  USF fans tend to feel OK about us staying in an AQ conference because we have a fairly large TV market...yet the B10 proves here that there are TVs--wow--everywhere!  So for a young and still comparatively small fansbase like ours...well, we should be scared as hell that we'll be left out in the cold when all this is over.

personally i am scared as hell (see the thread i made)

my point in my last post is that there are just a few programs that command a national audience. NU is one of them. The closest we have to that is WVU in the BE.

Archived