• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nebraska Accepts Invite-Texas to the Pac10 (Per ESPN)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

According to Sportscenter (6pm) Nebraska has accepted the invite to the Big10 and Texas has told its coaches that they are heading to the Pac10

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5268408

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

now its gonna be like a game of dominos.

• Content Count:  849

I don't know how likely this is but I think the Big East should split from the basketball schools and join the Big 12 as the auto-bid will still be intact....that would be 13 teams....they should then add TCU, Houston and ND...lol j/k I know ND wouldn't join.....and a suitable 16th member to make it a power conference....however if they can't find a suitable 16th member, I would just add TCU and go to 14 teams....Again I don't know how likely that scenario is but it would be a solid mix of football schools and basketball schools especially with KU, KSU, BU, UConn, WVU, Pitt, Cuse and UL

• Content Count:  178

This is crazy/exciting. Who knows how the other conferences will respond if all of this goes down as reported. USF could end up in the ACC or SEC if they decide to go super. I think we fit in better with the ACC, but would rather be in the SEC regardless. I would love to see our average attendance continue to rise and our University continue to strive towards AAU status. We are about as far away from AAU as we are an OCS.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't know how likely this is but I think the Big East should split from the basketball schools and join the Big 12 as the auto-bid will still be intact....that would be 13 teams....they should then add TCU, Houston and ND...lol j/k I know ND wouldn't join.....and a suitable 16th member to make it a power conference....however if they can't find a suitable 16th member, I would just add TCU and go to 14 teams....Again I don't know how likely that scenario is but it would be a solid mix of football schools and basketball schools especially with KU, KSU, BU, UConn, WVU, Pitt, Cuse and UL

Jim clarified in another thread that to keep your AQ to the BCS, you have to have a 6 team conference at least. Thus once the 7 schools bolt the Big 12 would lose their AQ and essentially cease to be. Odds are the leftover schools will team up with the MWC and that new league would have to become eligible for AQ but it may take a few seasons.

I doubt the Big East football schools would break off because that would require one of the AD's and/or Presidents of the football schools to head it up. Obviously the commisioner of the Big East would be against it. I don't see that leadership at this time. All the AD's and Presidents appear to be leaving this to the higher up's at the Big East to worry about. In doing so, I doubt we would see any serious thinking outside the box as regards football. Sad.

Jim clarified in another thread that to keep your AQ to the BCS, you have to have a 6 team conference at least. Thus once the 7 schools bolt the Big 12 would lose their AQ and essentially cease to be. Odds are the leftover schools will team up with the MWC and that new league would have to become eligible for AQ but it may take a few seasons.

I doubt the Big East football schools would break off because that would require one of the AD's and/or Presidents of the football schools to head it up. Obviously the commisioner of the Big East would be against it. I don't see that leadership at this time. All the AD's and Presidents appear to be leaving this to the higher up's at the Big East to worry about. In doing so, I doubt we would see any serious thinking outside the box as regards football. Sad.

Just to clarify, Tampabull found first it in a New York Times article...

But I think you have explained it well here.

• Content Count:  1,894

lol at us being in the sec. that would be a joke. we cant even handle the size of pitt and rutgers. your right about being a better fit in the acc based on location and style of play but we have to win something first to ever be considered for a top conference.

lol at us being in the sec. that would be a joke. we cant even handle the size of pitt and rutgers. your right about being a better fit in the acc based on location and style of play but we have to win something first to ever be considered for a top conference.

Right - Like we won in C-USA before getting a Big East invite... oh... wait.  Um... yeah.

Archived