• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fox Sports Ohio reporting - Nebraska receives invite | Big Ten may stop there

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Would the BE really be a better conference if KU, Kstate, and Mizzuo are added?

would you prefer we add UCF memphis and ECU?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

To add Mizzou, KU, or anyone else, I think we would have to lose someone first (doesn't mean talks aren't already underway, just in case).  If we lose ND and RU, then adding Mizzou and KU makes sense and would even be an upgrade (if Kansas politicians get involved however, they may insist on K-State as a package deal).  If the non-FBall schools insist on keeping the 8/16 split, we can consider SLU with Mizzou, and even that too would be an upgrade in FBall and BBall.

Now, if the BigTen stays at 12, the Pac10 goes to 16, and nothing else happens, I just don't see us going to 18 or 20 schools nor the 8 FBall schools coordinating a mass exodus to link up with the BigXII leftovers.

To add Mizzou, KU, or anyone else, I think we would have to lose someone first (doesn't mean talks aren't already underway, just in case).  If we lose ND and RU, then adding Mizzou and KU makes sense and would even be an upgrade (if Kansas politicians get involved however, they may insist on K-State as a package deal).  If the non-FBall schools insist on keeping the 8/16 split, we can consider SLU with Mizzou, and even that too would be an upgrade in FBall and BBall.

Now, if the BigTen stays at 12, the Pac10 goes to 16, and nothing else happens, I just don't see us going to 18 or 20 schools nor the 8 FBall schools coordinating a mass exodus to link up with the BigXII leftovers.

I would agree with most of this -- but truthfully, if 16 teams can work for football, could 24 or 32 work for basketball?  Imagine absorbing all five of the Big 12 remnants plus adding some A-10 and C-USA teams to the mix!

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Mizzou will be added to the Big 10, along with Rutgers. I heard they're also looking at Maryland.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

My point being is "if" Texas isn't moving then there will be a Big-12 and we (USF not the BE) should be proactive and get in the ear of Texas/Oklahoma  -- "Hey guys sure are alot of great recruits in Fl - wouldn't you like to have a presence down there plus we have an excellant TV market.  Its times like these you have to think outside the box and wisper in the ear of the Big Boys - at least make them think about it.

Who says we're not being proactive?  Would you like us to rent a billboard on I-275 and announce who we're talking to?

that would sure help  ;D

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

My point being is "if" Texas isn't moving then there will be a Big-12 and we (USF not the BE) should be proactive and get in the ear of Texas/Oklahoma -- "Hey guys sure are alot of great recruits in Fl - wouldn't you like to have a presence down there plus we have an excellant TV market. Its times like these you have to think outside the box and wisper in the ear of the Big Boys - at least make them think about it.

Who says we're not being proactive? Would you like us to rent a billboard on I-275 and announce who we're talking to?

I hope we are - didn't say we weren't. Last I checked this was a message board to post thoughts and ideas - but maybe it has changed to just trhow rocks at each other.

My point being is "if" Texas isn't moving then there will be a Big-12 and we (USF not the BE) should be proactive and get in the ear of Texas/Oklahoma  -- "Hey guys sure are alot of great recruits in Fl - wouldn't you like to have a presence down there plus we have an excellant TV market.  Its times like these you have to think outside the box and wisper in the ear of the Big Boys - at least make them think about it.

Who says we're not being proactive?  Would you like us to rent a billboard on I-275 and announce who we're talking to?

I hope we are - didn't say we weren't.  Last I checked this was a message board to post thoughts and ideas - but maybe it has changed to just trhow rocks at each other.

I think some people are really concerned with the impression "we should be proactive" means.  I would guess that everyone - EVERYONE - with the real power and authority to do anything is being as proactive as possible.

AS POSSIBLE

and they sure as heck would never do it in public.

So when someone posts "we need to be more proactive" ... others see react with "duh!" or even "don't you get it? they ARE proactive"... without reading the rest of the idea you put forward.

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

From all that I have read, the ACC will only add schools if they lose some and the priority seems to be Rutgers, UCONN and W.Va.  Rutgers and UCONN would give the ACC TV coverage along the entire coast, which is more people than any confernce.

Archived