• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fox Sports Ohio reporting - Nebraska receives invite | Big Ten may stop there

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

My point being is "if" Texas isn't moving then there will be a Big-12 and we (USF not the BE) should be proactive and get in the ear of Texas/Oklahoma  -- "Hey guys sure are alot of great recruits in Fl - wouldn't you like to have a presence down there plus we have an excellant TV market.  Its times like these you have to think outside the box and wisper in the ear of the Big Boys - at least make them think about it.

I agree it would suck going to colorado, but I think colorado is going to the pac 10 no matter what.  texas and oklahoma are about the same distance as the northern teams we already travel too.  It would be a better situation than the basketball run big east.  The acc or sec would be the best situation cause the schools are in the same region.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

is colorado's being penalized for low apr going to affect any invite they were hoping to get?

• Content Count:  4,738

USF in the Big XII? HAHAHAHAHA no. Here is the entire list of plausible scenarios for us:

- We stay where we are.

- We move up to the ACC (along with everyone else from our league who plays football) after they are looted by the SEC.

- We get completely boned and have to go back to C-USA or some other reject league.

hey Bevis - I said I can dream and being in the Big-12 minus Nebraska would be alot better then whats left over in the BE or a watered down ACC.

There's dreaming... and then there's when hell freezes over.

Yes, USF replacing Nebraska would be better than the BE or ACC.  But the Big 12 is about to be come a combination of C-USA, the Mountain West, and a couple of Kanas teams... and to me the Big East or the ACC is better than that.

We all thought the Big East would be dead... but it turns out, the Big 12 is a Dead Conference Walking.  The first nail in the coffin will be Friday. The final nail will be when the Texas schools move to the Pac 10.

Texas schools may be better off in Big 12 with or without Nebraska.  Nebraska leaving isnt the end.  UT may stay pat and build its own network.  Or build Big 12 network

USF in the Big XII? HAHAHAHAHA no. Here is the entire list of plausible scenarios for us:

- We stay where we are.

- We move up to the ACC (along with everyone else from our league who plays football) after they are looted by the SEC.

- We get completely boned and have to go back to C-USA or some other reject league.

hey Bevis - I said I can dream and being in the Big-12 minus Nebraska would be alot better then whats left over in the BE or a watered down ACC.

Yes, USF replacing Nebraska would be better than the BE or ACC.  But the Big 12 is about to be come a combination of C-USA, the Mountain West, and a couple of Kanas teams... and to me the Big East or the ACC is better than that.

We all thought the Big East would be dead... but it turns out, the Big 12 is a Dead Conference Walking.  The first nail in the coffin will be Friday. The final nail will be when the Texas schools move to the Pac 10.

Texas schools may be better off in Big 12 with or without Nebraska.  Nebraska leaving isnt the end.  UT may stay pat and build its own network.  Or build Big 12 network

It's not necessarily just without Nebraska... The Pac 10 will invite Texas - and if the Longhorns say no, then expect the Pac 10 to snag Colorado.  The Big Ten will take Missouri to get from 12 to 14 (with Rutgers or Notre Dame in the mix).

That leaves Texas with 8 other schools in a Big 9.  Will bringing in BYU and Air Force (mentioned in media reports today) add more $$ to their contracts?  Will it hurt academic standing that is important to Texas?

No, if the Pac 10 calls, Texas will answer.  The $$ and academics are just that much better... and while they could do very well with their own TV network, they would also have to help manage it - and that takes effort.

• Content Count:  771

I wonder if the Big 10 wants missouri??  all the talk seems to be nebraska, nd, rutgers.  swoop up missouri please BE!!!!!!  That would be much better than ucf no offense 813knight.

• Content Count:  4,501

I wonder if the Big 10 wants missouri??  all the talk seems to be nebraska, nd, rutgers.  swoop up missouri please BE!!!!!!  That would be much better than ucf no offense 813knight.

It does seem to be all about Nebraska -  Why not Rutgars and ND ?

• Content Count:  4,501

- We stay where we are.

It's not necessarily just without Nebraska... The Pac 10 will invite Texas - and if the Longhorns say no, then expect the Pac 10 to snag Colorado.  The Big Ten will take Missouri to get from 12 to 14 (with Rutgers or Notre Dame in the mix).

That leaves Texas with 8 other schools in a Big 9.  Will bringing in BYU and Air Force (mentioned in media reports today) add more $$ to their contracts?  Will it hurt academic standing that is important to Texas?

No, if the Pac 10 calls, Texas will answer.  The $$ and academics are just that much better... and while they could do very well with their own TV network, they would also have to help manage it - and that takes effort.

They may but they might say no.  Texas has tons of money.  Awhile back I read they are like 2nd or 3rd in the country in endowment funds.  I don't see any drop in academics - if anything it would be an improvement adding Air Force - I don't know about BYU but memory says they are good.  I just don't know with Texas it is all about money.  Time will tell.  I know if I were USF I would have Leroy calling Oklahoma buddies and making sure we got in the ear of Texas.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

If Nebraska, ND, and RU (or some other FBall BE team) go to the BigTen, I can see us taking Mizzou and Saint Louis to keep the balance and help with western travel partners.  I don't think we can get KU without K-State.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Would the BE really be a better conference if KU, Kstate, and Mizzuo are added?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My point being is "if" Texas isn't moving then there will be a Big-12 and we (USF not the BE) should be proactive and get in the ear of Texas/Oklahoma  -- "Hey guys sure are alot of great recruits in Fl - wouldn't you like to have a presence down there plus we have an excellant TV market.  Its times like these you have to think outside the box and wisper in the ear of the Big Boys - at least make them think about it.

Who says we're not being proactive?  Would you like us to rent a billboard on I-275 and announce who we're talking to?

Archived