• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will USF end up

Where will USF end up  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I still think a real possibility is the 4 mega-conference model, each with 16 teams, and a title game, with the winners in a 4-team playoff.

This scenario almost forces ND to join the BigTen (a door they've left open for just this situation).  Pick your dominos to fall (assuming the BigEast/ACC hybrid gets into the field over the revamped MWC) and only two of the current 66 "BCS" schools are shut out.  Almost certainly, we're safe.

Working through some scenarios, the schools in biggest danger of having no place to go are Baylor (if not P10), Kansas State (if not P10), Kansas (if not P10/B10), and Iowa State (if not B10).  Perhaps all four could be left out if the Texas/TAMU pair go to the SEC and the P10 dips into the MWC.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if the Big 12 would look at USF ?  We have a good connection with Leroy Selmon and have a nice market.  Travel could be tough but not really much worse then it is now.

I'm sure they would but why would usf want to go to a conference that probably won't exist in a few years. 

Really!  Been there, done that.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Big 10 only taking one or two teams from the Big 12 and Texas not going anywhere.  If UT stays there will be a Big 12 in some form.  I don't know if Texas and A&M would be that hot on merging with the PAC-10 or the SEC.  When you are the Big Dog you like to stay the Big Dog and if they go to either of those conferences they wouldn't be.

I think everyone is just so reactionary here.

If the ACC took 12 years to expand last time why would they go right away?

The point is, megaconference existence doesn't mean the dominos will fall and everyone will be grabbing teams. The ACC just signed a very big deal, the additions of schools like us or UConn or Cincy isn't going to make that deal that much better.

On top of that. What reasons would the SEC have to expand? As mike Slive said this morning, they're just trying to be like us.

I think you'll see the Big East go to 12. I think you'll see the Pac 10 got to 16. The Big 10 go to 14 or 16. The rest wait it out a few years

I'm going to start slamming my head against a table.

WHY. why would the ACC have to respond? Anyone they add won't get them a better TV contract. I am not convinced the SEC is expanding because they make as much money and control tv as is.

As for the Big East. You thinkthe Pac10 was worth a **** until yesterday?

Bet your rear the BE is going after the ACC

Joe - Here is why.  If the Pac 10 adds the 6 teams rumored it becomes the BEST football conference.  Better than even the SEC.  They will also have the largest geographic footprint - meaning the most revenue from their own cable network.  More than even the Big Ten.

There is NO WAY the Big Ten or the SEC will stand for that.  Both will grow to 16 teams.  The Big Ten to get more markets. The SEC to get more prestige.

It may take a couple of years to play out... and that could be dangerous... but by the time these three conferences are done, the Big 12 and Big East will be decimated - and the ACC will be shrunk by at least 1/3rd if not more.

You're saying the ACC will stand pat even after losing four or five teams?  Hogwash, I tell you.

I still think a real possibility is the 4 mega-conference model, each with 16 teams, and a title game, with the winners in a 4-team playoff.

This scenario almost forces ND to join the BigTen (a door they've left open for just this situation).  Pick your dominos to fall (assuming the BigEast/ACC hybrid gets into the field over the revamped MWC) and only two of the current 66 "BCS" schools are shut out.  Almost certainly, we're safe.

Working through some scenarios, the schools in biggest danger of having no place to go are Baylor (if not P10), Kansas State (if not P10), Kansas (if not P10/B10), and Iowa State (if not B10).  Perhaps all four could be left out if the Texas/TAMU pair go to the SEC and the P10 dips into the MWC.

Doc, there won't be a playoff that doesn't include everyone - the feds would jump in at that point.

• Content Count:  1,079

I'm just hoping those Mayans were right and we wont have to worry about all the what if's.

• Content Count:  1,757

I'm just hoping those Mayans were right and we wont have to worry about all the what if's.

Stock up on your zombie repellant now! 

• Content Count:  118

My fantasy prediction:

PAC 10

Oregon

Oregon State

Stanford

USC

California

Washington

UCLA

Washington State

Arizona

Arizona State

Texas

Texas Tech

Texas A&M

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Colorado

Big 10

Ohio State

Iowa

Penn State

Northwestern

Wisconsin

Michigan State

Purdue

Minnesota

Illinois

Michigan

Indiana

Nebraska

Missouri

Boston College

Maryland

Rutgers

ACC

ATLANTIC

Clemson

Wake Forest

North Carolina State

Virgina Tech

Louisville

Syracuse

Cincinatti

West Virginia

COASTAL

Georgia Tech

Miami (FL)

Florida State

UCF

USF

North Carolina

Duke

Virginia

This leaves out Pittsburg and Connecticut from the BE. I hate to say this about two decent programs, but perhaps CUSA or MAC for them?

The new 16 team MWC?

TCU

Brigham Young

Utah

Air Force

Wyoming

UNLV

San Diego State

New Mexico

Colorado State

Kansas State

Kansas

Iowa State

Baylor

Boise State

Nevada (or another WAC team)

Fresno State (or another WAC team)

The new Sunbelt/Remaining WAC Conference?

Idaho

Hawaii

Louisiana Tech

Utah State

New Mexico State

San Jose State

Troy

Middle Tennessee

Louisiana-Monroe

Florida Atlantic

Louisiana-Lafayette

Arkansas State

FIU

North Texas

Western Kentucky

Needs one more team for 16....

CUSA and MAC virtually the same with a few additions to bring it up to 16 each. Pittsburg and UCONN and perhaps a few up and comers in FCS.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

ucfk2699, I see several ACC schools bolting to SEC such as FSU, GT, Clemson, etc. and I see UConn and PItt in the ACC, other than that I think you're pretty close. 

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think Texas is much more likely to end up in the Big 10 than out west.  Would GaTech leave for the SEC?  Would the SEC invite Miami?  USF is probably seen as much less a threat to the Gators than Miami or FSU, at least up in Gainesville.  

I say USF ends up in the SEC.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

The new Sunbelt/Remaining WAC Conference?

Idaho

Hawaii

Louisiana Tech

Utah State

New Mexico State

San Jose State

Troy

Middle Tennessee

Louisiana-Monroe

Florida Atlantic

Louisiana-Lafayette

Arkansas State

FIU

North Texas

Western Kentucky

Don't forget South Alabama is joining the SunBelt soon.

Now THAT is ONE CRAZY A$$ Conference.

They would go bankrupt in travel expenses. Ok FIU, I know you make no money but you have to send your softball team to Hawaii for a 4 game series. Maybe those 5 WAC schools could just stay at 5. La Tech belongs in the Sun Belt anyway.....what are they thinking playing in the WAC?

Archived