• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will USF end up

Where will USF end up  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If the Pac 10 expansion happens as reported, I see an ACC - BE merger in the future under the ACC banner.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

If the Pac 10 expansion happens as reported, I see an ACC - BE merger in the future under the ACC banner.

I agree, if the pac 10 gets all the teams in the report that would force everyones hand.  SEC or the big 10 can not sit idle if pac 10 expands to 16 with texas involved.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Texas won't be the 1st team to leave the BigXII... thus once the first BigXII team leaves then the SEC will swoop in on Texas and Texas A&M which they need if they want to own the region.

I see a real nasty fight between the SEC and Pac10 over Texas and Texas A&M.

USF will eventually end up in the ACC which would be freaking sweeeeet because then we Bulls fans will have hard easy road games to fly drive too... I mean easy as in distance wise of course.

The real question is if the SEC will go after FSU and Miami or just one or the other...

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Texas won't be the 1st team to leave the BigXII... thus once the first BigXII team leaves then the SEC will swoop in on Texas and Texas A&M which they need if they want to own the region.

USF will eventually end up in the ACC which would be freaking sweeeeet because then we Bulls fans will have hard easy road games to fly drive too... I mean easy as in distance wise of course.

The real question is if the SEC will go after FSU and Miami or just one or the other...

The SEC has been after FSU in the past so I can see that but Miami in the SEC nah don't think so.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I grew up in Texas.  I just can't see UT in the SEC (just not how Texans identify themselves).

But none of what i just wrote matters.  If it is true that the PAC 10 and those Big12 teams have a network deal lined up with foxsports (which is what I heard) to get their own cable network a la the Big 10 network. . . . . the SEC will have nothing on the Pac 10.

Mark my words - Texas will never join the SEC.  The "academics" of the SEC are not strong enough.  On that front, the Pac 10 (almost all AAU schools) is a much better match.  The Pac 10 doesn't make much sense from a time-zone/geography perspective -- but I think the Texas and Oklahoma teams can get some scheduling concessions - especially for the Olympic sports.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The ACC is a very academically concious conference. Unless that 909 jumps a lot, I don't see USF getting a serious look just yet. The precedent was set in the 2004 expansion with WVU and Louisville.

Mark my words - Texas will never join the SEC.  The "academics" of the SEC are not strong enough.  On that front, the Pac 10 (almost all AAU schools) is a much better match.  The Pac 10 doesn't make much sense from a time-zone/geography perspective -- but I think the Texas and Oklahoma teams can get some scheduling concessions - especially for the Olympic sports.

What??  stanford, usc, ucla, washington, oregon.  The pac 10 academically is far better than the big 12.  plus the big 12 will lose nebraska and missouri to the big 10.  So there goes two solid academic schools there.  the only sketchy academic schools in the pac 10 are washington state and oregon state.  

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

That's what he said, guy.

The ACC is a very academically concious conference. Unless that 909 jumps a lot, I don't see USF getting a serious look just yet. The precedent was set in the 2004 expansion with WVU and Louisville.

I agree to a point.  I think USF is making huge strides academically.  I am sure the ACC schools will take notice. 

Archived