• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS football discussion (posts from Re: Big 10 raiding BE?)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Every BE stadium except UConn and Cincy has over 50K and we have the 2nd or 3rd highest average attendence in the BE, so yes, any USF stadium would have WELL over 50K, closer to 60K.  I could possibly see 55, but no less.  UL just expanded to almost 60K and our attendence is better than theirs.  Same with Rutgers.

We've drawn 60,000+ for 3 games in RJS and let's be honest, the opposing fans were a big part of hitting that. We averaged something like 55,000 last season thanks to Miami and WVU. The Cincinnati game was the cheap ticket deal (hard to imagine that happening with an OCS that will need to be paid off). Let's see what this season brings with a home schedule that does not have great traveling fan bases. We have to be consistently hitting over 50,000 to even think of building an OCS with close to 60,000 seats.

I beg to differ that we have better attendance than Rutgers. They have a better percentage of seats filled to the capacity of their stadium than we do.

UL picked the wrong time to expand, but once they get back on track they will fill that place consistently.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Every BE stadium except UConn and Cincy has over 50K and we have the 2nd or 3rd highest average attendence in the BE, so yes, any USF stadium would have WELL over 50K, closer to 60K.  I could possibly see 55, but no less.  UL just expanded to almost 60K and our attendence is better than theirs.  Same with Rutgers.

We've drawn 60,000+ for 3 games in RJS and let's be honest, the opposing fans were a big part of hitting that. We averaged something like 55,000 last season thanks to Miami and WVU. The Cincinnati game was the cheap ticket deal (hard to imagine that happening with an OCS that will need to be paid off). Let's see what this season brings with a home schedule that does not have great traveling fan bases. We have to be consistently hitting over 50,000 to even think of building an OCS with close to 60,000 seats.

I beg to differ that we have better attendance than Rutgers. They have a better percentage of seats filled to the capacity of their stadium than we do.

UL picked the wrong time to expand, but once they get back on track they will fill that place consistently.

Actually we've drawn 60K like 6 or 7 times.  In 07 against WVU, UCF, with UL and UC being close, around 58K.  08 had at least Kansas and probably another one that i am forgetting.  09 had miami, wvu, and UC.  Those are just off the top of my head.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Actually we've drawn 60K like 6 or 7 times.  In 07 against WVU, UCF, with UL and UC being close, around 58K.  08 had at least Kansas and probably another one that i am forgetting.  09 had miami, wvu, and UC.  Those are just off the top of my head.

a new stadium would have to be 60-65k.  if it was on campus you would think we would draw more fans anyway.  We get several games a year close or above 60k now, and it will continue to grow and improve with winning.  If usf starts winning conference championships you will start seeing much higher attendance each year.  There is a reason why ohio state and michigan can get 100k plus a game every game.  it's because they win year in year out minus the last two for michigan

4 times the 60,000 mark was hit

WVU and UCF in 2007

UC and Miami in 2009

Kansas barely had the West side upper level with any seats in there.

There still has to be consistency of hitting that mark before you build a stadium of that size.

Here is the best idea of all....let the rays out of there lease donate the land to usf and have them build a stadium on st petes campus ;) ha

a new stadium would have to be 60-65k.  if it was on campus you would think we would draw more fans anyway. 

Yes, you'd think that, but the reality is we'd probably lose a good deal of fans from Pinellas.

a new stadium would have to be 60-65k.  if it was on campus you would think we would draw more fans anyway. 

Yes, you'd think that, but the reality is we'd probably lose a good deal of fans from Pinellas.

not really, we are talking football not baseball.  tampa bay residence drive for football.  night games for football usually start around 8, so that gives everyone plenty of time to get to the game if it is on a thursday, friday night.  plus for football people tend to ditch out of work early to make sure they get there in time.  That's just from what I see around this area.  the majority of season ticket holders for the bucs reside in pinellas county, at least a couple years ago that was true.

4 times the 60,000 mark was hit

WVU and UCF in 2007

UC and Miami in 2009

Kansas barely had the West side upper level with any seats in there.

There still has to be consistency of hitting that mark before you build a stadium of that size.

You are correct -- but we are realistically looking at 2018 to 2020 before moving on campus.  Assuming we remain in the BCS, have decent conference opponents, and maintain a winning record, we should be able to average well above 55k...

While WVU, UCF, and Miami all brought a large # of visiting fans - there is no reason to expect it won't happen again.  I see nothing wrong with having a 70k-seat stadium where 10-15k of those could be visiting fans.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

People, we're drawing 50k with $100 season tickets and $10 specials.

The goal would be to maximize revenue. Increase booster contributions. Etc.

All we'd need (or want) is a 50k seat stadium. We COULD draw more but really it's not a huge money maker for us now.

Look at Minnesota, they went down in size.

Guest nybullsfan

inital size isn't as important as usability. another reason I support a dome is because they can sell a lot more tickets year-round for concerts, wrestling, etc.

and if it's designed for expandability from the beginnning, inital size becomes much less important

Archived