• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missouri, Nebraska, Syracuse, Pitt, and Rutgers to Big Ten per Peter King

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I highly doubt Peter King has any inside knowledge on this one.

You weren't the same one wondering who The National Football Post was and why should you believe them were you? Peter King is one of the top 5 reporters on football. Why believe him? Riight.

Not even sure what you're trying to get at with the National Football Post.

It's already been stated on the first page of this thread that King got this alleged information from some rumor. I guess that is what Top 5 reporters do these days.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I highly doubt Peter King has any inside knowledge on this one.

You weren't the same one wondering who The National Football Post was and why should you believe them were you? Peter King is one of the top 5 reporters on football. Why believe him? Riight.

Not even sure what you're trying to get at with the National Football Post.

It's already been stated on the first page of this thread that King got this alleged information from some rumor. I guess that is what Top 5 reporters do these days.

It's all rumors and hearsay, reporters are salesmen these days trying to garner more hits on their blogs and websites to generate interest and illustrate to editors that they're pertinent in today's world.  No one has a true clue on this because B10 Presidents haven't voted or decided on anything yet.  There is no top secret committee for the B10, it's the B10 Presidents who have said repeatedly they've yet to come to a consensus on this at all and a majority must approve the expansion decision and by how many.  There may be certain people gauging the temperature of certain schools if a particular decision is made but that's it.  Right now a reporter pontificating on what they 'hear' or 'think' is about as valuable as anyone on this board guessing.

Two points of fact are certain, the B10 is considering expansion anywhere from 1 to 5 schools, and the B10 will only take AAU schools (with ND as the only exception to that rule for obvious reasons).  The list of schools that Peter King provided doesn't take a rocket scientist to compile...those are the most likely AAU schools to be offered IF an offer is extended.  But the questions about 'if they'll do it', 'how many they'll add' and 'who' has yet to be officially decided upon. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

As much as we defend the Big East, I doubt you'd find many of us complaining if we end up in the SEC.

We wouldn't end up there. If the Big 12 loses Nebraska and Missouri to the Big 10, then look for the PAC 10 to take Colorado.

The SEC will then look to take Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State.

Only in the SEC's wildest dreams...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

As much as we defend the Big East, I doubt you'd find many of us complaining if we end up in the SEC.

We wouldn't end up there. If the Big 12 loses Nebraska and Missouri to the Big 10, then look for the PAC 10 to take Colorado.

i will fly 4 playboy models with me to usf's next homecoming

as long as we are talking about fantasies

It's a distinct possibility if the Big 10 goes to 16 teams. I also think that is one of the biggest reasons why the Big 10 will not add that many programs because the SEC would clearly be in a position to upstage them.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

No way in hell will Nebraska and Mizzou leave for the "Big Whateva" when all of their rivals are in the Big12.

No way in hell will Nebraska and Mizzou leave for the "Big Whateva" when all of their rivals are in the Big12.

Mizzou would leave the Big 12 in a heartbeat and they have a rival in the Big 10 with Illinois.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's a distinct possibility if the Big 10 goes to 16 teams. I also think that is one of the biggest reasons why the Big 10 will not add that many programs because the SEC would clearly be in a position to upstage them.

The SEC would almost certainly expand.  But they aren't going to get four of the biggest draws in college football. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Mizzou would leave the Big 12 in a heartbeat and they have a rival in the Big 10 with Illinois.

The Mizzou / Ill rivarly is pale in comparison to the Mizzou / Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Oklahoma rivalries. Also what does the Big10 have to offer Mizzou?

The SEC would almost certainly expand.  But they aren't going to get four of the biggest draws in college football. 

They would be getting 2 of the biggest draws and 2 very well respected programs.

If the Big 12 loses Missouri and Nebraska to the Big 10 and Colorado to the PAC 10, then the Big 12 may be done. The SEC would certainly be the greener pastures for OU, OSU, Texas, and Texas A&M

Archived