• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missouri, Nebraska, Syracuse, Pitt, and Rutgers to Big Ten per Peter King

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

His Twitter: http://twitter.com/si_peterking

I think this really stinks for college football.  Now the SEC is probably gonna raid the big east and big 12.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I highly doubt Peter King has any inside knowledge on this one.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Peter King didn't report that. A fan showed him a report with those five teams, and he responded by joking about how excited Nebraska fans would be to have Rutgers on their schedules. This is a very, very bad interpretation of what he tweeted.

• Content Count:  36

Thanks for clearing it up Greg, that would've been headline news if those schools actually went to the big ten.....whatever happens I just hope we stay BCS eligible. Although, going back to CUSA would be nice so I could rejoice in the beatings we would continually put on ucf.

• Content Count:  1,204

That was a retweet and it apparently came from a TV station in South Bend on April 30.

Had there actually been something to it, I expect that ESPN, etc would have reported it by now.

Granted, Mizzou or Nebraska to the Big Ten would not be much of a reach.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

It is beyond me, how Skip will be able to recruit blue chip 2011 recruits while speculation like this floats around.

I, like all on here, want the best for USF.  But I am beginning to realize that these upcoming months of hype-filled speculation are awful for our program.

Regardless of outcome, this can't end fast enough.

Additionally, I hope the BE and any schools that choose to bolt reach an agreement allowing them to defect ASAFP.  Similar to the garbage we currently endure on a daily basis, 27 months is not good for the conference or for USF. . . . . . especially if the next two BE titles end up going to teams that are defecting.

• Content Count:  21,353
  • Days Won:  10

I will tweet that it is a false alarm. 

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

It is beyond me, how Skip will be able to recruit blue chip 2011 recruits while speculation like this floats around.

I, like all on here, want the best for USF.  But I am beginning to realize that these upcoming months of hype-filled speculation are awful for our program.

Regardless of outcome, this can't end fast enough.

Additionally, I hope the BE and any schools that choose to bolt reach an agreement allowing them to defect ASAFP.  Similar to the garbage we currently endure on a daily basis, 27 months is not good for the conference or for USF. . . . . . especially if the next two BE titles end up going to teams that are defecting.

+1

I too am very concerned about this.

• Content Count:  209

Peter King didn't report that. A fan showed him a report with those five teams, and he responded by joking about how excited Nebraska fans would be to have Rutgers on their schedules. This is a very, very bad interpretation of what he tweeted.

Kinda like USF vs. Memphis.  It's MUST SEE T.V.  ;D ;D ;D

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

From a recruiting standpoint, I would imagine the recruits will know what schools will be where prior to signing day. I suppose this could drag on past February 2011 but that would be hard to believe.

Again, I still have a hard time buying any report that includes Pitt in the expansion. The only sense Pitt makes is getting you to 16, but then you are giving away a 1/16 share of the money and Pitt doesn't really bring anything new revenue-wise to the table. Penn State already gets you all of the Pennsylvania market so why would you go and add Pitt? If you must have 16 teams and you are going to add Mizzou and Nebraska....wouldn't it make more sense from a revenue standpoint to go after Colorado?

Archived