• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will we end up?

After conference resturction happens, what conference will USF end up in?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I voted ACC, but it could just as easily be a revamped or watered down BE.

USF will NEVER ever be in CUSA again.  We may invite some CUSA teams to tag along, but it won't be called CUSA, it will still carry the BE tag/name, if it comes to that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

All you saying no to CUSA better hope if we don't get in a BCS conference we end up there vs where we were before CUSA, The Sun Belt.

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

ACC is logical for many reasons if SEC takes FSU & Miami. 

SEC wont take miami, I could see them taking FSU but theres no way they take 2 more florida schools.

Id love to get an ACC invite but i doubt it. We prob end up starting a new conference with WVU, UC, and UL + junk

• Content Count:  40

The ACC would look our way. Here is what concerns me. There are three leagues that put a lot behind academics along with athletics. The Big 10 is at the top there, the ACC and Pac 10 follow suit. The ACC took WVU and Louisville off the board during last expansion because their academic standing wasn't great. This was lead by Duke, Wake and  UNC. VT was added I've Syracuse because of legislative pressure. I don't see the same happening in Florida. If the ACC expands and it's not guarenteed, that would be our best shot at BCS with the Big East dissolving.

I really don't get the academics thing regarding the Big 10.    Their top academic schools are Michigan, Northwestern, and maybe Illinois.  Good schools but hardly in line with the Pac10 (Stanford, Berkely, UCLA) or maybe even the ACC (Duke, UVA, UNC).  They're only marginally better than the SEC and about the same as the Big 12.  Furthermore, the big east has some pretty respectable academic schools although I will admit USF still has some work to do in that area.

You might want to check facts.  All EXCEPT Northwestern are Tier 1 and in the top 30 national universities as ranked by US News and World Report. The Big 10 actually compares with the Ivy League in academics.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public

With all due respect, you are the one that needs to check your facts.  That link you posted is the top PUBLIC universities.  That’s the reason Northwestern (which is by far the best academic school in the Big 10) is excluded. Do you really think Northwestern is not one of the top universities in the Big 10? 

Anyway, here’s the real list including all universities:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings

Using your top 30 rationale with the real list:

Pac 10- 4 schools: Stanford, UC-Berkeley, UCLA,  USC

ACC- 4 schools: Duke, UVA, UNC-CH, Wake Forest

Big10- 2 schools: Northwestern and UMichigan

My point in the original post is not that Big 10 academics are poor, just that they are not the amazing academic power conference that they want us to think they are. 

By the way, you might want to look at the top 25 on the real list and rethink that “Big10 compares with the Ivy league†comment.

• Content Count:  4,879

Interesting list; I can't believe that it is lone or even primary criteria.  And who knew LaVerne had her own university?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Academics played a huge role in the last ACC expansion. Ask WVU

• Content Count:  40

Academics played a huge role in the last ACC expansion. Ask WVU

Too bad for them that couch burning aptitude wasn't considered. . .

The ACC would look our way. Here is what concerns me. There are three leagues that put a lot behind academics along with athletics. The Big 10 is at the top there, the ACC and Pac 10 follow suit. The ACC took WVU and Louisville off the board during last expansion because their academic standing wasn't great. This was lead by Duke, Wake and  UNC. VT was added I've Syracuse because of legislative pressure. I don't see the same happening in Florida. If the ACC expands and it's not guarenteed, that would be our best shot at BCS with the Big East dissolving.

I really don't get the academics thing regarding the Big 10.    Their top academic schools are Michigan, Northwestern, and maybe Illinois.  Good schools but hardly in line with the Pac10 (Stanford, Berkely, UCLA) or maybe even the ACC (Duke, UVA, UNC).  They're only marginally better than the SEC and about the same as the Big 12.  Furthermore, the big east has some pretty respectable academic schools although I will admit USF still has some work to do in that area.

You might want to check facts.  All EXCEPT Northwestern are Tier 1 and in the top 30 national universities as ranked by US News and World Report. The Big 10 actually compares with the Ivy League in academics.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-top-public

With all due respect, you are the one that needs to check your facts.  That link you posted is the top PUBLIC universities.  That’s the reason Northwestern (which is by far the best academic school in the Big 10) is excluded. Do you really think Northwestern is not one of the top universities in the Big 10? 

Anyway, here’s the real list including all universities:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/national-universities-rankings

Using your top 30 rationale with the real list:

Pac 10- 4 schools: Stanford, UC-Berkeley, UCLA,  USC

ACC- 4 schools: Duke, UVA, UNC-CH, Wake Forest

Big10- 2 schools: Northwestern and UMichigan

My point in the original post is not that Big 10 academics are poor, just that they are not the amazing academic power conference that they want us to think they are. 

By the way, you might want to look at the top 25 on the real list and rethink that “Big10 compares with the Ivy league†comment.

When academic institutions want to know the how a university stands, they don't use the US News & World Report rankings (or the

They look at membership in the Association of American Universities and theCarnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.

The Big Ten and Pac Ten are on par... which is why the rumored schools for the Big Ten are all AAU members... and why BYU is not on the list for the Pac 10.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

What's the difference between C-USA part 2 and a watered down Big East?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

What's the difference between C-USA part 2 and a watered down Big East?

That's what I'd like to know as well. Either way I don't think that we'd be in a BCS conference .

Archived