• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will we end up?

After conference resturction happens, what conference will USF end up in?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

where do you think USF will end up when its all said and done....i know its all speculation but.....vote

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771

where do you think USF will end up when its all said and done....i know its all speculation but.....vote

sadly for usf the only way we move out of a watered down big east is if the acc gets raided by the sec and big 10.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think this ends well for USF.  CUSA part dieux is my pick.

If, at the end of the day, the only effect is that the power structure of haves consolidates to fewer teams.  Shouldn't the more than 50 FBS schools that are getting screwed consider leaving the NCAA and forming a league that has a playoff.

If they go from 85 to 60 scholarships and offer a $1500/month stipend to players on top of normal expenses payed on an NCAA scholly and a $500/month trust fund payable when they graduate, the talent shift would be so dramatic and complete that the experimental league would be going toe-to-toe with the NCAA in lees than 8 years.

USF, UCF, FAU and FIU would demolish UF, FSU and UM on the recruiting trail. . . . . . couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Carolina Bull, ask GT and South Carolina how that idea worked in the 60s.

Truthfully I don't know...it really depends on how many the Big 10 takes and of those how many are the Big East.

We lose 1, we'll add UCF and move on, with our happy BCS lives.

We lose 2, it's tough, but if we could woo a TCU or another solid program, we could stay on top

I don't think we'd ever get an invite from the SEC, they could take any team they want and if they add another Florida school, it's gonna be FSU or Miami, or both before us

The ACC would look our way. Here is what concerns me. There are three leagues that put a lot behind academics along with athletics. The Big 10 is at the top there, the ACC and Pac 10 follow suit. The ACC took WVU and Louisville off the board during last expansion because their academic standing wasn't great. This was lead by Duke, Wake and  UNC. VT was added I've Syracuse because of legislative pressure. I don't see the same happening in Florida. If the ACC expands and it's not guarenteed, that would be our best shot at BCS with the Big East dissolving.

• Content Count:  136

Not sure where we end up. Wishful thinking would be SEC (not going to happen) or the ACC. It's hard for me to believe that one of the Top Media Markets Teams not being pulled into one of the Super-Conferences if it happens. I'm hoping to AD is out there cheerleading for USF. I was quite surprised when we got in to the BE. Maybe the AD has something up his sleeve. Let's hope we're not on the outside looking in.

• Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

I think the ACC would want to keep two teams in Fla.

• Content Count:  771

i doubt we will ever go into the cusa again.  the big east would just add cusa members and continue being the big east.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If both FSU and Miami went to the SEC it would help.

People tout are media market, but with FSU the ACC gets the Tampa market, much like the SEC with Florida.

That's the difference between a Rutgers and us.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We stay in the Big East. I don't think the Big 10 makes the huge splash that everyone thinks.

Archived