• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will we end up?

After conference resturction happens, what conference will USF end up in?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we seem to be following behind miami draft

acc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

The ACC would look our way. Here is what concerns me. There are three leagues that put a lot behind academics along with athletics. The Big 10 is at the top there, the ACC and Pac 10 follow suit. The ACC took WVU and Louisville off the board during last expansion because their academic standing wasn't great. This was lead by Duke, Wake and  UNC. VT was added I've Syracuse because of legislative pressure. I don't see the same happening in Florida. If the ACC expands and it's not guarenteed, that would be our best shot at BCS with the Big East dissolving.

I really don't get the academics thing regarding the Big 10.    Their top academic schools are Michigan, Northwestern, and maybe Illinois.  Good schools but hardly in line with the Pac10 (Stanford, Berkely, UCLA) or maybe even the ACC (Duke, UVA, UNC).  They're only marginally better than the SEC and about the same as the Big 12.  Furthermore, the big east has some pretty respectable academic schools although I will admit USF still has some work to do in that area.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Every school in the Big Ten is in the AAU. Yes, the Pac-10 has some great schools, but it too is being elitist about what members it'll allow. That means, no Boise State if the Pac-10 ever expands.

The Pac-10 and Big Ten are pretty undeniably the most academic of the "big 6" conferences. The Big East is the worst being weighed down by WVU, Louisville, and USF.

• Content Count:  151

Only one or two teams from the Big East are taken, they're replaced with C-USA members.

If we lose three or four, it's a totally different story... but I think that this is unlikely.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

While I will be dissapointed if we stay in a watered down BE, Pitt and Rutgirls gone, replaced by 2 cusa teams. I will still be a booster and season ticket holder. So, I hope if the cards tumble that we will end up in the ACC, I'll be in Ray Jay no matter what.

• Content Count:  5,241

Big 10 is just picking up an average team or two to make Ohio State and Penn State look better in football.

We stay in an expanded big east

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tampabull99,

Every Big 10 school is ranked in the top 100 nationally.

Outside of FSU (102) the same is true of the ACC.

Which is why I fully believe any ACC expansion will look hard at academics...much like the last one.

• Content Count:  4,879

ACC is logical for many reasons if SEC takes FSU & Miami. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I Think we end up in Conference USA part deux, the ACC would be nice but i think our academics bite us in the ass. 

• Content Count:  86

I Think we end up in Conference USA part deux, the ACC would be nice but i think our academics bite us in the ***. 

Academics didnt keep us from getting a Big East bid. If FSU and/or Miami leave the ACC will pick USF to maintain a foothold in Florida.

Archived