• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Golfers Here?

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I played today at Bloomingdale for the first time in a really long time.  I might now be the worst golfer of all time.  I used to shoot consistently in the 90s, easily shot over 110 today. 

I'm pretty sure I have you beat.  ;D

A few years ago I was hanging just above and below the 100 mark, but I got busy and only played a few rounds per year for a few years.  Just gotten more back into it more consistently and I'm trying to work my way back down into the 90s.

Anyway, I do play in a golf weekend yearly, despite my handicap.  We stayed and played Saddlebrook last year.  Nice place, expensive.

Copperhead at Innisbrook is another one you just have to play at once in your life.

Lakeland has a couple of nice courses and very well priced.  EagleBrooke is one.  There is another off 98 just north of I-4 that always in pretty good shape and easy to play.  The name escapes me at the moment.

Up Orlando way, Shingle Creek is a great course.  At one point, they even had a barrel of iced down apples at the turn, not sure if they do that any more.  NorthShore is a tremendous challenge, but really nice.  For an easier but tight course that always very well maintained, I like Ventura.  Not very well known and fairly short, but great value when you can play in in the afternoon for about $20.

We stayed in Inverness and did El Diablo and the two World Woods courses last weekend.  El Diablo was a disappointment, but World Woods was great.  Rolling Oaks is very good, Pine Barrens is one of the best in the state.  Other than a lack of water, it's one of the most scenic courses in Florida.  Be forewarned the greens are like putting on well polished tile, lightning fast.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

i golf....not sure i would call myself a golfer.

Bloomindale, Cypress Creek, Riverhills(private) are nice.i didnt like Lexington oaks too much. 

• 5 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,558

smugglers cove

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I just started about 7 months ago. Broke 100 for the first time a few weeks ago... Just shot my second sub-100 round on Sunday at Pebble Creek (97).

Course recommendations?

nah

boring

rich man's game

• Content Count:  4,738

hatter,

did you see the beer girl at pebble creek?

ooooohhh my.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Data, the course in Lakeland near 98 and I-4 is probably Sandpiper...a good little course, and not too expensive when I lived near there for 18 with cart.

Surprised to see no mention of The Claw!...is it still operational, or has it sunk into the swamp?  I lost more balls there than everywhere else I've ever played combined.  And a gator almost took my hand off.  Of course I always play shot golf...with my partner Mr. Jack Daniels.  Good times!

Data, the course in Lakeland near 98 and I-4 is probably Sandpiper...a good little course, and not too expensive when I lived near there for 18 with cart.

Surprised to see no mention of The Claw!...is it still operational, or has it sunk into the swamp?  I lost more balls there than everywhere else I've ever played combined.  And a gator almost took my hand off.  Of course I always play shot golf...with my partner Mr. Jack Daniels.  Good times!

Yep, NC, Sandpiper is the course I was thinking of.  Thanks,

I believe The Claw got or is getting a face lift. Not sure of the current status.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Any played either of the Saddlebrook courses?  Are they worth using the coupon that came with the season tickets?

I've stayed and played at Saddlebrook.  The courses are top notch.  They are a resort, so they nickel and dime you, but it's probably a lot better if you are just playing there instead of staying there.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Bridgewater in Lakeland is really nice, and a great value on GolfNow.com... you can find last minute rounds for 20 bucks.  Always liked Lexington oaks and Bloomingdale (watch out for the raccoons on the 10th hole, put your food on TOP of the cart!, seriously!)

I just played in a scramble at Bay Palms on base at Macdill last weekend... my team shot 56 and won going away...  (it had mulligans and string, so it isn't THAT impressive).  Also won the long drive contest.  Considering i have only played 3 rounds this calendar year, and been to the range maybe 4 times, I'd say without a doubt that I would be around a 5 or 6 handicap now.  Striking the ball extremely well.  Gotta get ready for when my dad comes down to FL for the winter... he's under 3 handicap now and is in the zone after reading some golf psychology books.

Archived