• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Golfers Here?

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I just started about 7 months ago. Broke 100 for the first time a few weeks ago... Just shot my second sub-100 round on Sunday at Pebble Creek (97).

Course recommendations?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Well done!

I have been playing since I was a kid.  If you are breaking 100 after only 7 months, you are on the right track.

I live in Orlando so I don't have too many course recommendations for the Tampa area.  I have played Innidbrooke and love it.  The World Woods complex in Brooksville also has a couple of really good courses.

Good luck and remember to play them as they lie!

• Content Count:  684

Been playing for fun since high school around Ft Lauderdale but just got my own set of clubs less than a year ago... still consider myself a beginner....  I used to work at Tampa Palms Country Club and that is a great course if you get a chance to play there.  I've only been to a handful of courses in Tampa but TPCC is the only one I'd recommend.  I'll be playing over at the Forest course at The Eagles in Keystone this weekend, I've heard good things about it.  Also heard Lake Bernadette is nice and ideal for beginners.

Well done!

I have been playing since I was a kid.  If you are breaking 100 after only 7 months, you are on the right track.

I live in Orlando so I don't have too many course recommendations for the Tampa area.  I have played Innidbrooke and love it.  The World Woods complex in Brooksville also has a couple of really good courses.

yeah i have been getting lessons that have really helped my swing and consistency. I feel like i'm getting better every time I play.

I've been wanting to check out world of woods.

Been playing for fun since high school around Ft Lauderdale but just got my own set of clubs less than a year ago... still consider myself a beginner....  I used to work at Tampa Palms Country Club and that is a great course if you get a chance to play there.  I've only been to a handful of courses in Tampa but TPCC is the only one I'd recommend.  I'll be playing over at the Forest course at The Eagles in Keystone this weekend, I've heard good things about it.  Also heard Lake Bernadette is nice and ideal for beginners.

my friend works at Hunter's Green Country Club which is a club corp course. He can take friends to any club corp course in the country and play for free.

TPCC and HGCC are both Club Corp.

My favorite course is TP followed closely by HG... Those are the only private courses that I have been able to play tho

ha yea, that was the best benefit about working there.... free golf at various courses and cheap hotel rooms at their resort properties

Well done!

yeah i have been getting lessons that have really helped my swing and consistency. I feel like i'm getting better every time I play.

I never had lessons growing up, but still played High School golf.  Once I started with a few lessons, my handicap really dropped.

Both courses at the WW complex are great.  Expensive though.

Well done!

I never had lessons growing up, but still played High School golf.  Once I started with a few lessons, my handicap really dropped.

I just googled that WW complex.... thats pretty far away.... better be some good golfing out there..... had a co-worker recommend golfnow.com.... it offers discounted tee times for decent courses in the area... booked my round at The Eagles on there for this weekend

Well done!

I just googled that WW complex.... thats pretty far away.... better be some good golfing out there..... had a co-worker recommend golfnow.com.... it offers discounted tee times for decent courses in the area... booked my round at The Eagles on there for this weekend

You think it is far for you?  I drove there for an 8AM tee time from Orlando!  Two very good course though.

ha devoted golfer I see.... I'm gonna get some of the Tampa courses under my belt before I step my game up :-)

Archived