• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Golfers Here?

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've stayed and played at Saddlebrook.  The courses are top notch.  They are a resort, so they nickel and dime you, but it's probably a lot better if you are just playing there instead of staying there.

Is it worth the price? 

I noticed they gave a discount coupon with season tickets for a round at saddlebrook... but i believe the round price is still astronomical.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Data, the course in Lakeland near 98 and I-4 is probably Sandpiper...a good little course, and not too expensive when I lived near there for 18 with cart.

Surprised to see no mention of The Claw!...is it still operational, or has it sunk into the swamp?  I lost more balls there than everywhere else I've ever played combined.  And a gator almost took my hand off.  Of course I always play shot golf...with my partner Mr. Jack Daniels.  Good times!

Yep, NC, Sandpiper is the course I was thinking of.  Thanks,

I believe The Claw got or is getting a face lift. Not sure of the current status.

Bridgewater is also near 98 in lakeland... .just past it.  It seems out of place in florida with all the hills and bunkers.  Very cool course.

Another nice one, if you find the right deal, is ChampionsGate, near orlando.  It has 2 courses, international and national... I like international the best.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

The Babe is probably the most "classic" Florida course around here...Long, Flat, Challenging. Heritage Harbour and a lot of the newer courses have all sorts of aesthetically pleasing things, like bumps and slopes in the fairway which is garbage. You shouldnt be penalized for landing in the middle of the fairway...Lexington Oaks and Silverado (formerly Silver Oaks) are pretty nice courses that are usually in great shape up in the Wesley Chapel/Zhills area, and on the north end of Zhills is Scotland Yards. Its more of a links style course, a lot of elevation change, but they get pretty pricey when the snowbirds fly into town.

And mikebeau, if you even want a lesson on how to take a beating, gimme a ring. I'll put it on ya, son.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've stayed and played at Saddlebrook.  The courses are top notch.  They are a resort, so they nickel and dime you, but it's probably a lot better if you are just playing there instead of staying there.

Is it worth the price?   

I noticed they gave a discount coupon with season tickets for a round at saddlebrook... but i believe the round price is still astronomical.

Just realized I never answered this.  We did a Stay and Play in late spring 3 rounds/ 2 nights for around $300.  That's about what we normally pay, and the courses were higher quality.  For this area, I'd say the courses are high end.  Something I would pay $50-60 bucks for if I was in the mood to play a nice course.  I would not say there is anything unique enough about the courses to pay a lot more than that.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I played The Babe for the first time this weekend.  Certainly not a Top 10 course, but we cared for and not crowded.  Greens on the slow side, but all in all a pleasant round.

Archived