• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Golfers Here?

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Been playing for fun since high school around Ft Lauderdale but just got my own set of clubs less than a year ago... still consider myself a beginner....  I used to work at Tampa Palms Country Club and that is a great course if you get a chance to play there.  I've only been to a handful of courses in Tampa but TPCC is the only one I'd recommend.  I'll be playing over at the Forest course at The Eagles in Keystone this weekend, I've heard good things about it.  Also heard Lake Bernadette is nice and ideal for beginners.

I worked at Tampa Palms in the cart barn for years while I was at USF.  From about 1999-2003.  Did you work there around then?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hatter for course recommendations , I always liked Babs Zaharias, Rogers Park, Pebble Creek, Hunters Green/Tampa Palms (if you can get on, when i worked I let non members on if you greased my pockets, dont know how it works over there anymore).  East Lake Woodlands, course on Cross Creek in New Tampa forget the name, Saddlebrook, Lexington Oaks, etc

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Hatter for course recommendations , I always liked Babs Zaharias, Rogers Park, Pebble Creek, Hunters Green/Tampa Palms (if you can get on, when i worked I let non members on if you greased my pockets, dont know how it works over there anymore).  East Lake Woodlands, course on Cross Creek in New Tampa forget the name, Saddlebrook, Lexington Oaks, etc

played every course you mentioned except saddlebrook, lexington oaks and east lake woodlands. i won't be able to play saddlebrook until i start my career in july.

the course you can't remember is heritage isles.

shot my first sub-100 (99) at Zaharias

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Been playing for fun since high school around Ft Lauderdale but just got my own set of clubs less than a year ago... still consider myself a beginner....  I used to work at Tampa Palms Country Club and that is a great course if you get a chance to play there.  I've only been to a handful of courses in Tampa but TPCC is the only one I'd recommend.  I'll be playing over at the Forest course at The Eagles in Keystone this weekend, I've heard good things about it.  Also heard Lake Bernadette is nice and ideal for beginners.

I worked at Tampa Palms in the cart barn for years while I was at USF.  From about 1999-2003.  Did you work there around then?

I worked there between 2005-2007, I was over at the TAC

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Cheval and Brooksville Country Club are good.  Lake Jovita is also good, have only played the North Course there but I hear the south course is even better/tougher.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

boring game to play and watch

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I've been playing since I was 8 (32 now... boy time flies).

Played on the AJGA tour while i was a teen with the likes of Tiger (pre controversy days ;)  )

Walked on at USF... but the coach was fired shortly there after and Coach Fee was hired and he pretty much hated walk-ons... not sure his thoughts now as I haven't talked to him in years.

Don't play as often as I'd like now that I'm in the working world.  Occassionally play with the Bull Backers in the Around the Horns events where we have been pretty successful.  I have a nice USF golf bag from the 2009 event at Tampa Palms CC.

I am probably about a 12 handicap now, (rough guess)... if i played more than once a quarter, i'm sure i could be back at around 3 or 4.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

I've been playing since I was 8 (32 now... boy time flies).

Played on the AJGA tour while i was a teen with the likes of Tiger (pre controversy days ;)  )

Walked on at USF... but the coach was fired shortly there after and Coach Fee was hired and he pretty much hated walk-ons... not sure his thoughts now as I haven't talked to him in years.

Don't play as often as I'd like now that I'm in the working world.  Occassionally play with the Bull Backers in the Around the Horns events where we have been pretty successful.  I have a nice USF golf bag from the 2009 event at Tampa Palms CC.

I am probably about a 12 handicap now, (rough guess)... if i played more than once a quarter, i'm sure i could be back at around 3 or 4.

Let me know the next time you guys are putting together a team.  I would love to play in one of those. 

I started when I was 5 (so i have been playing a looong time).  Played HS golf with severl guys that ended up playing mini tours.  One girl on our team, and she played on the LPGA.  My index right now is 5.6, but if has been as low as 4.5

I played today at Bloomingdale for the first time in a really long time.  I might now be the worst golfer of all time.  I used to shoot consistently in the 90s, easily shot over 110 today. 

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Oh wow, I worked there off and on through college and even for a while after until I found steady work...  1994-2000  A couple former employees...

Archived