• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Magic Rant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Im not a Magic fan, but I'm curious to see how Magic fans feel (if there are any here). I was listneing to sports talk radio this afternoon here in the Orlando area (the "Shot Doctor" on 740 AM - a carpetbagging hack from NYC), and the entire show was about how Dwight Howard needs to step it up. Step it up?  For real? Didn't they just sweep their series? Is it his fault he is constantly double and triple teamed and can't make more than half a dozen field goals? Isn't that why the team is LOADED with shooters? I just don't understand the complaining or debate when the result is so clearly favorable. Possibly the most absurd radio show I've heard. That is all.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not the most knowledgable about the magic, but what they said on the show was true.  He can't play like this if he wants to get a ring.  He was constantly in foul trouble this series.  His poor stats this series aren't because of him being double and triple teamed, they're because he was constantly on the bench.  The magic played very well that series to win, Jameer played great and was a major reason as to why they won.  Howard played pretty well when in, but against teams like Cleveland, he can't rack up 4-5 fouls only halfway through the third.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Im not a Magic fan, but I'm curious to see how Magic fans feel (if there are any here). I was listneing to sports talk radio this afternoon here in the Orlando area (the "Shot Doctor" on 740 AM - a carpetbagging hack from NYC), and the entire show was about how Dwight Howard needs to step it up. Step it up?  For real? Didn't they just sweep their series? Is it his fault he is constantly double and triple teamed and can't make more than half a dozen field goals? Isn't that why the team is LOADED with shooters? I just don't understand the complaining or debate when the result is so clearly favorable. Possibly the most absurd radio show I've heard. That is all.

You do know that Shot is a USF grad, don't you?

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

he's still a hack, and annoying as ****. he may have graduated from usf, but iirc, he's a homer for philly or nyc teams, like the giants or something. glad i dont have to listen to him anymoer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

he's still a hack, and annoying as ****. he may have graduated from usf, but iirc, he's a homer for philly or nyc teams, like the giants or something. glad i dont have to listen to him anymoer.

I am honestly amazed he's still on the air over there ...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Here's an idea...don't listen to the Shot Doctor.  I'm so glad I got Sirius.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

This debate pops up every other week. "Dwight needs to step up, not dominating enough" blah blah blah. Facts are the Magic are 4-0, and teams made transactions to get ready for series with Orlando (heres looking at you Shaq).

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I completely agree. Crying over nothing. It sounds so absurd to be having such a negative discussion about such a good basketball team. Orlando is a 3rd rate sports town.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Because an idiot sports radio hack is being negative the whole town is 3rd rate?

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Because an idiot sports radio hack is being negative the whole town is 3rd rate?

Orlando actually supports the Magic fairly well and they have that new arena that will have the largest HD board in the NBA opening next season so the future it bright for them. All Sports talk radio hacks say ridiculous stuff to get people riled up to call their show.

I notice the 'experts' on ESPN give Orlando no respect. Bruce Bowen said Orlando didn't have a chance against Cleveland. What team is he watching? Cleveland added Shaq and it's pretty much the same crew that Orlando should have swept last postseason if it weren't for that miracle Lebron shot. Orlando has a healthy Jameer Nelson back now and Vince Carter to replace Turkolou(sp). I think Orlando has a good shot at making a Championship run.

Archived