• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Magic Rant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I was born and raised in Orlando, I'd say the Magic are my favorite professional team in all of sports.

We can beat Cleveland, and it will be a **** good series, it will just come down to playing Lebron right and jutting down his cohorts again

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Because an idiot sports radio hack is being negative the whole town is 3rd rate?

Not necessarily. The "fans" calling in had something to do with it to. Not to mention that the Magic are the only game in town. Relatively speaking, its a tiny market, so there is nothing else to really talk about right now outside of UCF baseball.

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Because an idiot sports radio hack is being negative the whole town is 3rd rate?

Not necessarily. The "fans" calling in had something to do with it to. Not to mention that the Magic are the only game in town. Relatively speaking, its a tiny market, so there is nothing else to really talk about right now outside of UCF baseball.

:ROFLMAO

Selfishly, I kind of like the Magic being the only professional sports team in town b/c it could benefit that 'certain school' across town in the future when you're not battling 2-3 sports franchises for casual interest. I do think Orlando would be a good place for the Rays if Tampa can't work out a deal for them to get them out of St. Pete

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Cleveland has to get past Boston first.  the Lebrons are the most overrated team in the NBA. 

Orlando will be in the finals again.  hopefully to win this time. 

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Orlando a cake walk against Milwuakee or Atlanta. Boston looks like the best team in the east right now, but I would never discount the team with the best player (Cleveland).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I watched 3 out of the 4 games against Charlotte. The NBA officiating is IMO the worst and most inconsistent of the pro sports. The bobcats threw their bodies into Dwight, the first game he left his feet and tried to block shots. The last 2 games after the first 2 fouls he literally stood still with his arms straight in the air, yet was still called for the fouls. At one point one of the officials took pleasure in calling a foul on Dwight. The same game (4) the refs actually used replay to figure who the ball went out off of. JMO

I watched 3 out of the 4 games against Charlotte. The NBA officiating is IMO the worst and most inconsistent of the pro sports. The bobcats threw their bodies into Dwight, the first game he left his feet and tried to block shots. The last 2 games after the first 2 fouls he literally stood still with his arms straight in the air, yet was still called for the fouls. At one point one of the officials took pleasure in calling a foul on Dwight. The same game (4) the refs actually used replay to figure who the ball went out off of. JMO

he definitely doesn't get the Lebron or Kobe treatment....but opening his mouth on his blog won't help...refs need to let them play

• Content Count:  879

Orlando actually supports the Magic fairly well and they have that new arena that will have the largest HD board in the NBA opening next season so the future it bright for them. All Sports talk radio hacks say ridiculous stuff to get people riled up to call their show.

I notice the 'experts' on ESPN give Orlando no respect. Bruce Bowen said Orlando didn't have a chance against Cleveland. What team is he watching? Cleveland added Shaq and it's pretty much the same crew that Orlando should have swept last postseason if it weren't for that miracle Lebron shot. Orlando has a healthy Jameer Nelson back now and Vince Carter to replace Turkolou(sp). I think Orlando has a good shot at making a Championship run.

Really?  Although I don't agree with Bruce Bowen's comment about the Magic not having a chance (I think it will be a good series), Cleveland made changes other than Shaq that have had a huge effect on this year's season.

2008-09 Roster                        Additions to 2009-2010 Roster

Daniel Gibson  G 

J.J. Hickson F

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Darnell Jackson F                     Antawn Jamison

LeBron James - C F

Tarence Kinsey G                     Daniel Green

Aleksandar Pavlovic                   Sebastian Telfair

Joe Smith C-F

Wally Szczerbiak                   Anthony Parker

Anderson Varejao C-F                            Shaquille O’Neal

Ben Wallace - C F-C                   Leon Powe

Delonte West G

Jawad Williams F

Mo Williams G

Lorenzen Wright F-C                 Jamario Moon

If you really believe that Shaq is the only upgrade to this team, you're delusional.  If history holds true, you'll see the real Wince (I mean Vince) Carter as the Magic playoff run continues. 

Orlando actually supports the Magic fairly well and they have that new arena that will have the largest HD board in the NBA opening next season so the future it bright for them. All Sports talk radio hacks say ridiculous stuff to get people riled up to call their show.

I notice the 'experts' on ESPN give Orlando no respect. Bruce Bowen said Orlando didn't have a chance against Cleveland. What team is he watching? Cleveland added Shaq and it's pretty much the same crew that Orlando should have swept last postseason if it weren't for that miracle Lebron shot. Orlando has a healthy Jameer Nelson back now and Vince Carter to replace Turkolou(sp). I think Orlando has a good shot at making a Championship run.

Really?  Although I don't agree with Bruce Bowen's comment about the Magic not having a chance (I think it will be a good series), Cleveland made changes other than Shaq that have had a huge effect on this year's season.

2008-09 Roster                        Additions to 2009-2010 Roster

Daniel Gibson  G 

J.J. Hickson F

Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Darnell Jackson F                     Antawn Jamison

LeBron James - C F

Tarence Kinsey G                     Daniel Green

Aleksandar Pavlovic                   Sebastian Telfair

Joe Smith C-F

Wally Szczerbiak                   Anthony Parker

Anderson Varejao C-F                             Shaquille O’Neal

Ben Wallace - C F-C                   Leon Powe

Delonte West G

Jawad Williams F

Mo Williams G

Lorenzen Wright F-C                  Jamario Moon

If you really believe that Shaq is the only upgrade to this team, you're delusional.  If history holds true, you'll see the real Wince (I mean Vince) Carter as the Magic playoff run continues. 

Jamison, Powe, Telfair? those are all C or B players at best. You see what happened last night AT HOME when Lebron has a bad night, no one else can step up, Mo Williams is not as good as Jameer Nelson who I believe will be the key difference. Meanwhile Howard was non existent in the first round and Orlando still dominated Charlotte. Game 1 vs Atlanta tonight.

Orlando named 2012 NBA All Star Game

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-nba-allstar-game-2010-2012-20100504,0,437774.story

Archived