• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Depth Chart released today.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Scares me some that Landi is on the chart in both WR and QB slots.  I am sure we have plans, just looks thin, and risky.

You have to remember that none of the incoming class is considered yet.  It might look significantly different come opening day.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Here's the incoming guys:

OL:

Austin Reiter 6'4", 210

Tony Kibler  6'5", 315

Jake Kaufman 6'8", 320

Quinterrius Eatmon 6'6", 320

QB Jamius Gunsby 6'4", 220

WR Jamaal Montague 6'3", 190

WR Deonte Welch    6'0", 185

RB:

Marcus Shaw 5'9", 187

Mike Hayes 5'9", 192

Tiger Powell 6'1", 210

K Chris Veron 6'3", 210

CB Terrence Mitchell 5'10", 165 (weight room stat!)

CB Mark Joyce 6'1", 200

S Rashard Cliett 6'2", 191

DE Rashard Wilkinson 6'4", 215

DT Todd Chandler 6'0", 310

LB Hans Louis 6'0", 210

The bolded ones I can see challenging for a spot or a backup, the rest get the red shirts.

-Gunsby will get a backup QB spot, and if he progresses well, they'll turn Landi loose at WR.

-We're deep on the O-line, so I won't be surprised if 3 out of those 4 redshirt to keep some big bodies for the future.

-Montague will be a good addition to a WR backup. Work on his catching which I hear is okay, and RS Welch.

-Tiger Powell may get an RS being we're so deep at RB. Hayes is a JC transfer (*I think*), and he's supposed to be good, so I think he'll challenge.

-RS that kicker, even though it would be nice to use him on kickoffs and get some touchbacks. Bonani and Schwartz can't kick that far.

-T-Rex needs to hit the weight room stat (unless that's a typo). His talent though should guarantee that he is at least a backup.

-Chandler should be good enough to be in the rotation for DT. Cliett, Louis, and Wilkinson will probably get the RS, we're pretty solid in LB and DE.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Scares me some that Landi is on the chart in both WR and QB slots.  I am sure we have plans, just looks thin, and risky.

He'll do fine in a Kerry Meier role, I'd surmise.

The alternative is to have him a.) primarily be a WR and be screwed if BJ goes down ever, or b.) primarily be a QB and watch him sit on the bench and/or transfer out.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't expect any of the new OL to play as a true freshman. We still have a number of guys who we redshirted from last year, who will see the field first.

Tiger Powell is likely not going to qualify and already has a JUCO lined up, just in case.

Montague is geting closer to qualifying, but he still has a way to go. If he qualifies, he will play immediately.

I think either Mark Joyce or Reshard Cliett will play as safety, since they are more developed. They might both play, if Cliett is moved to WR.

Mark Hayes definitely will play.

Terrence Mitchell and Chandler propbably will play just based on their talent.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

What am I missing Austin Reiter at 6' 4" and "210" on the offensive line ?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

OL:

Austin Reiter 6'4", 210

Tony Kibler   6'5", 315

Jake Kaufman 6'8", 320

WR Deonte Welch     6'0", 185

RB:

Marcus Shaw 5'9", 187

Mike Hayes 5'9", 192

Tiger Powell 6'1", 210

K Chris Veron 6'3", 210

CB Mark Joyce 6'1", 200

LB Hans Louis 6'0", 210

The bolded ones I can see challenging for a spot or a backup, the rest get the red shirts.

-Gunsby will get a backup QB spot, and if he progresses well, they'll turn Landi loose at WR.

-We're deep on the O-line, so I won't be surprised if 3 out of those 4 redshirt to keep some big bodies for the future.

-Montague will be a good addition to a WR backup. Work on his catching which I hear is okay, and RS Welch.

-Tiger Powell may get an RS being we're so deep at RB. Hayes is a JC transfer (*I think*), and he's supposed to be good, so I think he'll challenge.

-RS that kicker, even though it would be nice to use him on kickoffs and get some touchbacks. Bonani and Schwartz can't kick that far.

-T-Rex needs to hit the weight room stat (unless that's a typo). His talent though should guarantee that he is at least a backup.

-Chandler should be good enough to be in the rotation for DT. Cliett, Louis, and Wilkinson will probably get the RS, we're pretty solid in LB and DE.

t-rex is more like 185

no way this dude is 165

41461_terrence_mitchell.jpg

What am I missing Austin Reiter at 6' 4" and "210" on the offensive line ?

I'm pretty sure that is incorrect. I've seen him listed somewhere between 245 and 255.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=69615.0

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

OL:

Austin Reiter 6'4", 210

Tony Kibler   6'5", 315

Jake Kaufman 6'8", 320

RB:

Marcus Shaw 5'9", 187

Mike Hayes 5'9", 192

Tiger Powell 6'1", 210

K Chris Veron 6'3", 210

CB Mark Joyce 6'1", 200

LB Hans Louis 6'0", 210

t-rex is more like 185

no way this dude is 165

My God, look at that pic, what High School kid is ripped like that?  I mean, who at 18 have you seen cut up like that. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

OL:

Austin Reiter 6'4", 210

Tony Kibler   6'5", 315

Jake Kaufman 6'8", 320

RB:

Marcus Shaw 5'9", 187

Mike Hayes 5'9", 192

Tiger Powell 6'1", 210

K Chris Veron 6'3", 210

CB Mark Joyce 6'1", 200

LB Hans Louis 6'0", 210

t-rex is more like 185

no way this dude is 165

My God, look at that pic, what High School kid is ripped like that?  I mean, who at 18 have you seen cut up like that. 

james wilder :P

It's difficult to tell how big Reiter is from this signing day picture. His dad Richard (also in the picture) was 300 to 310 pounds when he played as an OL for Cincy.

Mustang signs with USF Bulls

Date: January 5, 2010

by: Jen Blanco | Associate Editor

photo-1-3886-20100105145701.jpg

Offensive lineman Austin Reiter acknowledged his commitment to USF during a signing ceremony Jan. 4.

LAKEWOOD RANCH — Austin Reiter isn’t a fan of cold weather.

So it’s not all that surprising that the Lakewood Ranch offensive lineman visited a number of southern universities before committing to play football for the University of South Florida last month.

Reiter, who graduated from Lakewood Dec. 18, received offers from 14 different schools, including Miami, the University of Central Florida and Wake Forest, among others. But after taking an official visit to USF last month and talking with Jim Leavitt and the rest of the Bulls coaching staff, Reiter decided USF would be the perfect fit.

“It seems like you get a lot more playing time and with their recruiting — they’ve got the most potential,†Reiter said. “I really liked coach Leavitt and the coaching staff seems pretty solid.â€

Reiter, who played all four years for the Mustangs, first learned about the possibility of graduating early last May during a visit to Georgia Tech University. Reiter looked into what would be required of him, which consisted of taking a few online courses.

He decided to pursue the opportunity in hopes of getting a jumpstart in his preparation for both football and college life.

“Anytime you put kids in a major program, it’s a (positive) from a publicity standpoint,†Lakewood coach Shawn Trent said. “Now, he’ll have the opportunity to be in class a month or two before spring practice and be able to learn the program as he goes.â€

Reiter received his assignments Jan. 6-7 and will start school Jan. 11. In addition to a demanding course load, Reiter, who plans to major in engineering, plans to spend a lot of time working out in the weight room and hopes to eventually move up on the Bulls depth chart.

“I don’t know what to expect yet, but that’s kind of good on a level,†Reiter said. “It’ll help me get used to everything — mostly the weight room — and it’ll help with my workload at school.â€

Contact Jen Blanco at jblanco@yourobserver.com.

http://www.yourobserver.com/news/east-county/Sports/010520103886/Mustang-signs-with-USF-Bulls

The USF official roster lists him as 255 pounds.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204879885&Q_SEASON=2010

Archived