• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stoops vs Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Rich Rodriquez is not exactly tearing it up at Michigan, Ron Zook is on the hotseat at Illinois and Brian Kelly will be put to the test at Notre Dame.  It will be interesting to see just how good of a coach Kelly really is.  He'll probably be fired after three years and Holtz will be anxious to skip Tampa for South Bend.

Sounds like Mizzou thinks Holtz was a great hire.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Rodriquez is not exactly tearing it up at Michigan, Ron Zook is on the hotseat at Illinois and Brian Kelly will be put to the test at Notre Dame.  It will be interesting to see just how good of a coach Kelly really is.  He'll probably be fired after three years and Holtz will be anxious to skip Tampa for South Bend.

Like Brian Kelly, he walked into a good situation.  He'll win with Leavitt's players and then move on ASAP.

Wasn't Cincinatti terrible when Kelly started there?

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Like Brian Kelly, he walked into a good situation.  He'll win with Leavitt's players and then move on ASAP.

if he wins a conference championship he will not leave usf

usf is one of the  best jobs in america

Wow.  Kelly took over a team that went 18-17 under Mark Dantonio.  They had a bowl team at 7-5.  Yay!

Kelly had them at 10-3, 10-3 and 12-1.  Bit of a difference, I'd say. 

How can I be wrong when I stated Cincinatti had the same record you stated Cincinatti had?  I said 7-5 right there in black and white.

If I'm wrong, so are you.

So there.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

How can I be wrong when I stated Cincinatti had the same record you stated Cincinatti had?  I said 7-5 right there in black and white.

So there.

I guess you're both wrong  :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

Time to lock the thread yet?  8-)

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

hasn't really been any poo thrown yet  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

hasn't really been any poo thrown yet  ;)

They're reaching down, though ...

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

So there.

Let me see if I can 'splain something to you...

In college football, winning is the lagging indicator of good recruiting.  It usually takes at least 3-4 years for good recruiting to bear fruit (aka winning games).  In a program that is really down, such as Kansas State was in the 1980s, it takes even longer to build up enough depth to win against long established, successful programs.

Obviously Mark Dantonio was very successful in recruiting resulting in a quick turnaround at Cinncinnati so he was hired at Michigan State.  Brian Kelly then came along and was the benefactor of Dantonio's bountiful harvest.

The same concept is demonstrated by the quick rise of USF Football to Division 1-A.  It's hard enough to build a static program, but to go from non-existence to AA football to Mid-Major to D-1A in such a short period of time is an unprecidented challenge that simply hasn't happened before.  Leavitt was continually playing up with lesser talent.  When he finally reached 1-A he was just beginning to reap the havest of D-1 recruiting as demonstarated by the recent NFL Draft.  The next two years would have been the best fall harvest for Leavitt, but now it will be Holtz that will havrvest it.

the excuse king himself

leavitt had been in state 12 years and he shoould have known top players and their families.but he wasnt a salesman and his personalty turned people off. he didnt build necessary bridges with high school coaches,players or their families

his lunatic act on the sidelines also turn prospective recruits off

holtz will succeed inspite of leavitt not because of leavtt.leavitt left the cupboard bare.

enough leavitt -he had his chance and he won nothing

\

holtz will show tampa what a great program should be

Archived